Beyond Skincare #4 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

Just for fun - which devices do you own?

• Led mask

Votes: 60 62.5%
  • Ufo

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Nuface

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • Sensica

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Tripollar

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • IPL

Votes: 32 33.3%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kicking off #4 with an excellent summary from
@mindlessness - no nonsense thread title from @Aude

Previous thread here:

LED Masks - Current Body, Omnilux, Dr Denis Gross etc. For more info on how these works I recommend this excellent blog. It goes into what they do, how they work etc. Great for the lazy - I just wear mine in bed for 15 minutes at night or in the morning while I make my coffee. You can get one for your decolletage too.
goalstogetglowing.com

LED Mask Comparison And A Deep Dive Into Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT) - Goals To Get Glowing
Hi! This is a super deep dive all about the science behind LED light therapy AND a comparison and information about various LED masks. To help you navigate.

Microcurrents - Foreo Bear, NuFace etc. I'm not 100% on the science of these but I think they help tone your facial mucles with little electrical currents. I definitely look more 'awake' after regular use.
Hot & Flashy is a favourite of many here, and does a good video comparing the two.

and the third 'Nifty skincare gadgets' - Foreo UFO (which also had LED, and you use with little sheet masks), Reduit (which claims to push concentrated product into the skin using a very fine mist). Reduit is new-ish and there have been mixed opinions on it here. But the UFO (and UFO 2) are well loved!

Face scrubbers - Basically where the no-longer sold Clarisonic would go. Some of us now use one of the Foreo Luna devices.

Radio Frequency devices - Sensica, tripollar, etc - a few of us have these and rate them! Improvement of texture and firmness, a less frequent treatment than nuface or led

A useful gua sha tutorial also, which is more a tool than a device:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Very honoured to have my summary in the first post (though I've spotted a spelling mistake, oops! I'm sure everyone knows I meant muscles not mucles. 😅 )

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Very honoured to have my summary in the first post (though I've spotted a spelling mistake, oops! I'm sure everyone knows I meant muscles not mucles. 😅 )
Noooooo sorry! I went over it all to fix links etc and add bits in lol 😂 I remember you did a great roundup and we said we should have it pinned for any newbies wandering over

Reactions: 2
Noooooo sorry! I went over it all to fix links etc and add bits in lol 😂 I remember you did a great roundup and we said we should have it pinned for any newbies wandering over
haha no not your fault! I think it was in my original sentence.

Reactions: 1
Reposting this comment from another thread:

FaceGym has 20% off on their site. Supposedly there’s an extra 15% off for signing up which I did but I’ve yet to receive the code. This is a long shot, but does anyone here happen to know what it is?

Oh I haven't, but it's an intriguing device. I use a Foreo Luna face cleansing brush (with the silicone etc) a few times a week for a deeper cleanse. My question would be is the face cleansing routine long enough for the LED to be effective?
Very intrigued and so many on here are knowledgeable

Oh I haven't, but it's an intriguing device. I use a Foreo Luna face cleansing brush (with the silicone etc) a few times a week for a deeper cleanse. My question would be is the face cleansing routine long enough for the LED to be effective?
I have this which has different modes, including a cleansing one with LED. You can also use it with products. I love it.

Screenshot 2022-11-25 at 14.22.02.png

I mentioned my ufo so had a bath and did a mask and topping up my ipl 💁🏻‍♀️ feeling unreal (did make use of the steamy bathroom to spray cleaned on and have already done a days work lol I’m not a pisstaker)

the deals foreo have on their devices atm plus the gifts are unbelievable. I was going to get a few masks and a few bits (iris and free toothbrush) almost slipped into my basket so I exxed out of the lot of it 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh I wanted to say anyone who has been #influenced to order Foreo, I ordered 21st evening, got an email 23rd afternoon saying shipping was delayed due to an influx of orders (unsurprising). But got an email this evening saying it had been shipped! Tracking hasn't updated yet so not sure the actual eta.

Reactions: 3
I’ve restocked my UFO masks now it’s autumn/winter and Cult Beauty have deals so I plunged right in .

Love an LED treatment then a mask , my skin looks and feels very happy!

Reactions: 3
The brush was such a good buy - I've been using my NuFace every day now, turns out it really was such a deterrent to get gel all over my hands!

Weird question but does anyone have this issue with an IPL? I'm using the SmoothSkin and on my bikini line, I'm finding there's these tiny hairs that are growing back, but if I tweeze them out they come clean out with literally no resistance? I'm just wondering why they're still growing in even if it's just basically a tiny dot of a hair that comes out so easily, it's like they're just resting in my skin but ultimately they are still growing back. I haven't got this issue on my legs or anywhere else, will these hairs eventually stop growing in altogether?

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask but does anyone know if you can get Botox and laser hair removal whilst breastfeeding?! Google is really vague on both, I always thought Botox was a definite no but someone I know had it done whilst feeding and said their practitioner said it was fine it’s just pregnancy you can’t have it done?

@SoRelatable you asked on the last thread if anyone had any experience of the Nira device. Did you get one?

I didn't know anything about Nira at the time you posted but have now ordered one (not yet arrived) following a pretty glowing review by Angie HotandFlashy. Will report back.

@SoRelatable you asked on the last thread if anyone had any experience of the Nira device. Did you get one?

I didn't know anything about Nira at the time you posted but have now ordered one (not yet arrived) following a pretty glowing review by Angie HotandFlashy. Will report back.
I like the look of that device a lot. Will be interested to know how you get on with it.

Did you go for the Pro or the smaller one?

I like the look of that device a lot. Will be interested to know how you get on with it.

Did you go for the Pro or the smaller one?
I got the smaller one because I'm thinking of it particularly for use on my upper lip rather than on larger areas.