Beyond Skincare #4 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure whether :ROFLMAO: or :( is the right response. Let us know how you get on with it.

I'm having my second Morpheus 8 treatment tomorrow. Was impressed by the first treatment - 4 weeks ago - but will report back more fully after the second.
Laughing is good!

I just watched Alice Hart Davies' video on Morpheus 8 and now I want it. What results did you see, how long do they last and how often do you need to have it?

I've been looking at the Dermalux Flex for a couple of years now. Although I'm sure it's a great product, the thing that finally decided me against was that I'm so fidgety that I know I'd find it hard to lie still for 30 minutes.
I have the Flex and I LOVE it! It's only 30 minutes over your face, for any other body part where the panel is lying on your skin its 20 mins. I use the face time to listen to audio books/music/podcasts or, when I can, to meditate. I've stopped using tretinoin (which I was using more for acne than antiageing) because the blue light is so effective. I've got surgery later this year and am excited to use it for scar healing. I was using the Dennis Gross mask before, which I got primarily because I was like I can't bear the thought of 10 minutes of lying down unable to do much so I'll get the 3 minute one. And now somehow I've got a 30 minute one 🤣 though I do still use my 3 minute mask on days I don't have the energy/patience, but aim to primarily use my Flex more days a week.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have the Flex and I LOVE it! It's only 30 minutes over your face, for any other body part where the panel is lying on your skin its 20 mins. I use the face time to listen to audio books/music/podcasts or, when I can, to meditate. I've stopped using tretinoin (which I was using more for acne than antiageing) because the blue light is so effective. I've got surgery later this year and am excited to use it for scar healing. I was using the Dennis Gross mask before, which I got primarily because I was like I can't bear the thought of 10 minutes of lying down unable to do much so I'll get the 3 minute one. And now somehow I've got a 30 minute one 🤣 though I do still use my 3 minute mask on days I don't have the energy/patience, but aim to primarily use my Flex more days a week.
You’ve made me even more excited to get mine! What visible improvements have you noticed in your skin?

Reactions: 1
You’ve made me even more excited to get mine! What visible improvements have you noticed in your skin?
Other than the acne, I've noticed the most obvious improvement around my eyes! I'm in my late 30s, and about 3 years ago I had undereye filler but I've noticed my hollows and lines coming back/being more visible. But I don't want more filler (better understanding of it being a high risk area, and fears of migration/it ending up making my cheeks heavier). The Flex has really made a difference, I think I can really tell there is collagen regeneration. And just general tone and texture, I feel like my skin looks 'healthier from within'.

I also really love the almost warmth of the near infrared light. That's the other thing that prompted me to try the Flex - I had been having acupuncture and my acupuncturist uses NIR lights at the same time and I found it SO soothing and calming and relaxing. I find using the Flex the same, when I'm stressed/anxious/run down I feel like the relaxation helps my parasympathetic nervous system kick in. Might be psychosomatic but I still rate it.

I'm really excited to see how it helps fresh scar healing! Might try and take progress photos for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thanks for the responses regarding profhilio!! I think for the price I'll leave it for now, my skin is quite dry so it may help but it is a hefty price. The flex looks amazing!! Do people find microneedling worthwhile? I'm still very new to it all!!

Not sure whether :ROFLMAO: or :( is the right response. Let us know how you get on with it.

I'm having my second Morpheus 8 treatment tomorrow. Was impressed by the first treatment - 4 weeks ago - but will report back more fully after the second.
Wow just looked at the cost! 😮
How many treatments are you having and are you doing full face or just a specific area?

I've just had my second Morpheus 8 treatment. I've had the lower face and neck treated (thanks to years of Botox my forehead is fine). Cost was £950 per session, so just under £2,000 in total. I'd been edging towards considering a facelift (I'm 70) so I'm seeing this as an alternative.

I'd been hearing good things about Morpheus 8 for a few years but have always been put off by reviews saying how painful it is. I've had Ultherapy in the past - about 10 years ago - and it was so painful that I never thought I'd go for this sort of treatment again. However, when I was seeing my aesthetic doctor for my regular Botox one of his assistants had just had a Morpheus 8 treatment and was very convincing about how pain free it had been.

I found the treatment - both treatments - completely bearable. Hardly uncomfortable at all. After the first treatment I immediately said to my doctor 'If I'd known it was so comfortable I'd have had it years ago'. He said 'Everyone says that'. According to him, it gets reviews saying it's painful because practitioners don't use the most effective numbing cream and don't leave it on long enough (mine was left on for an hour and a half). The treatment itself took about 10-15 mins - so really quite quick.

The literature says that your face will be red for a day or two afterwards but mine was hardly red at all.

It's one of those treatments that's supposed to encourage collagen production and so takes a few months for the results to show. However, I saw an improvement in some things just a few days after the first treatment and apparently these are quite common early improvements: a reduction in the size of pores on my nose, reduced sagging under my chin (apparently due to reduction in fat there) and improvement in upper lip lines. All three were things that particularly bothered me - so I'm pleased so far.

Two treatments, a month apart, is the normal protocol. Apparently some people have a third after six months. My doctor suggested that I might want to have another, single, treatment in a year or 18 months time and, if I get a good result, I probably will do that.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh ok! Happy to spill as whilst grateful for all folk who consent to before and after pics I’d really have benefited from non incentivised testimony. So easier if you have Qs in particular but to start I did a fair bit of research and thought deep plane right for me but I mean who the heck knows. Consulted three surgeons and felt RG seemed right - tbph I discouraged any kind of friendliness wanted it v businesslike - and he was pretty honest saying he reckoned he could take seven years off me And asked was that it enough. So I had aged quite considerably from 55 onwards so said I’d take that. I think Pavlova you said he didn’t feel he could help? Seems to be the ratio between bone loss (who knew 😬) and skin lax. Or maybe he thinks you look grand and no need! I certainly wasn’t pressurised although I do think the consult is designed to lead you to go ahead. He is also really hot on making you lose weight ahead of time. I’m slim - 8 to 10 and 60kg - but asked for weight loss to help pull skin back. anyway ask away....

Reactions: 5
Who else did you consult with and what type of lift did they suggest? How much younger do you think you look? 7 years is oddly specific.

I saw two consultants in Scotland but was drawn to London and probably right or wrong impressed with the v public work like with Kay Burley. Neither of the Scottish consultants recommended deep plane they felt usual face lift would give me a result. Yes agree the 7 years seemed plucked out of the air but (I’m two months on) and I’d say he’s not far away on that.

Reactions: 2
I saw two consultants in Scotland but was drawn to London and probably right or wrong impressed with the v public work like with Kay Burley. Neither of the Scottish consultants recommended deep plane they felt usual face lift would give me a result. Yes agree the 7 years seemed plucked out of the air but (I’m two months on) and I’d say he’s not far away on that.
Still early days too, it's going to look better and better as everything settles. How exciting!

Is his waiting list long?

obvs don’t know re waiting list but likely depends on time of year. I got surgery about two months after first consultation so I was spring into summer. I wish I’d read that winter cooler months better. Swear never saw that anywhere doing my “research” Likely my bad.

so positives are scarring is very minimal - so far for me. Bruising quite extensive so whatever they use to stabilise the head tightly during surgery leaves its mark. I’d need to apply concealer to cover that even now. The pain is quite weird and varies. I felt I was discharged with a fair old arsenal of drugs including sleeping tablets as well as over counter paracetamol. But it’s more a bit head achey even now.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Goodness. Can I ask what motivated you? I’ve realised that my way of dealing with visible ageing is to plan major interventions at some unspecified point in the future, which I probably will never do. Fantasy Facelift.

I think I said in an Earlier post that I have always been good on skin care and although I have lines I’ve never had any Botox or fillers as just didn’t think that would do what I wanted. it was just that my face seemed to fall forward and it was so age ing. I was at a wedding last year and someone I hadn’t seen for ages didn’t recognise me and that kind of shook me. I’m kind of impulsive by nature so tend to act and then deal with any fall out.

Reactions: 3