Beyond Skincare #4 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wouldn't replace my ufo if it broke.. I'd spend the money on an LED mask and splash out on some currentbody hydrating masks to put on underneath. I have both and get far more from LED and mask suitable skincare

Reactions: 3
I wouldn't replace my ufo if it broke.. I'd spend the money on an LED mask and splash out on some currentbody hydrating masks to put on underneath. I have both and get far more from LED and mask suitable skincare
That's interesting - thanks! I absolutely loved mine but I do keep eyeing up the LED masks. At the moment I have 3 very small kids and have roughly 2.5 minutes to myself in a day so the UFO is just about all I have time for :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Can anyone recommend a gadget for clearing up skin? I’ve had so many big red spots come up on my chin and around my mouth this year because I cannot stop picking at the lumps and bumps that appear and giving my skin a good squeeze and getting all the gunk out. I’m certain that what I’m squeezing isn’t blackheads- should I even be looking at gadgets?

Reactions: 1
That's interesting - thanks! I absolutely loved mine but I do keep eyeing up the LED masks. At the moment I have 3 very small kids and have roughly 2.5 minutes to myself in a day so the UFO is just about all I have time for :ROFLMAO:
Then the ufo sounds a really good buy for you at the moment.unless you can really splash out in the DDG led mask as that only takes 3 mins a day. Bonus that it terrifies the.children so they stay away from you whilst you use it😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Current Body has a 'Singles Sale' on with lots of favs from this thread.
---
Can anyone recommend a gadget for clearing up skin? I’ve had so many big red spots come up on my chin and around my mouth this year because I cannot stop picking at the lumps and bumps that appear and giving my skin a good squeeze and getting all the gunk out. I’m certain that what I’m squeezing isn’t blackheads- should I even be looking at gadgets?
Their location makes me think the spots could be hormonal - has anything changed in that regard recently i.e a new hormonal birth control pill, or increased stress this year? I get a few chin breakouts near my period if I am stressed.

I think maybe a product to treat the bumps might be more effective than a device. Have you tried something like a BHA exfoiliant? Paula's Choice does one called the Skin Perfecting BHA Liquid Exfoliant. But also brands like Inkey List and the Ordinary make good liquid exfoliants too. Normally the advice is to use one a few times a week.

Last edited:
I get bad hormonal spots and found the Foreo Espada did help a little bit with clearing them up, they didn't disappear straight away but they cleared up more quickly.

I really like those spot sticker things, I’ve used various types, mostly from Amazon. Never the ‘famous’ cosrx ones though. I also really like niacinamide and salicylic acid to help with blemishes and a weekly clay based mask . None of these are gadgets, mind you! My skin has had a freak out since I had my hormonal coil removed. I had been doing super well with my skin and now I’m back in a bit of a battle with it, but these things are helping!

Thanks for the replies. I am 45 so should be peri menopausal but no real symptoms yet. But every time I squeeze something in the areas described above, 2 days late up comes a big red spot.

Funnily enough, I have some Paula’s Choice BHA liquid stuff so tried that last night for the first time and will see how it goes over the next weeks. Thanks for the other product recommendations.

I am a marketer's dream... so close to buying the Ziip Halo after reading lots of great reviews. Anyone got one?
---
I am a marketer's dream... so close to buying the Ziip Halo after reading lots of great reviews. Anyone got one?
Edit: I've ordered it 😬

I found a discount code for 25% off, which, combined with Klarna spread over 3 interest free payments, means it's practically free, right? #girlmath

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
---

Edit: I've ordered it 😬

I found a discount code for 25% off, which, combined with Klarna spread over 3 interest free payments, means it's practically free, right? #girlmath
Do let us know how yo get on! I have been tempted to get the Halo. I use the ZIIP Silver Gel with my Nuface mini and really like it.

Do let us know how yo get on! I have been tempted to get the Halo. I use the ZIIP Silver Gel with my Nuface mini and really like it.
Will do! The state of my eyebags this morning has made me hopeful that it will be a good purchase 🙏

I am going to try and get away with using a cheaper gel that I already own to begin with as the Ziip ones are £££... but when I run out I might splash the cash.
---
Just seen that it's out for delivery even though i didn't pay for next day delivery - hallelujah 🍾

• Heart
Which gel do you guys use with your nuface mini or other micro current devices? The nuface device is £££ so looking for something cheaper. I know Trinny Woodall uses something else from Amazon but no idea what it is!

Which gel do you guys use with your nuface mini or other micro current devices? The nuface device is £££ so looking for something cheaper. I know Trinny Woodall uses something else from Amazon but no idea what it is!
Yeah the gels/consumables for microcurrent devices really do increase the cost per use.
I think @SqualorVictoria and some others might've tried aloe gel? and I seem to remember someone else has used ultrasound gel? Just a vague memory from a discussion in a previous thread.

I use the FaceGym Pro with its matching gel and the large bottle last for a few months of regular use (3-4 times a week). When I used the Nuface I found the match gel non-irritating to my eyes compared to cheaper gel substitutes. I react to aloe vera in skincare so a no-go.

I bought a cheap conductive gel from amazon but it irritated my eyes like there were fumes or something, so I've gone back to nuface gel. You can use aloe vera. Lisa eldridge uses the left over serums from sheet masks. My only concern with any of that is whether there's oil in them as any oil stops conductivity so renders the microcurrrent useless. I have used a thin HA serum too.

Yeah the gels/consumables for microcurrent devices really do increase the cost per use.
I think @SqualorVictoria and some others might've tried aloe gel? and I seem to remember someone else has used ultrasound gel? Just a vague memory from a discussion in a previous thread.
I use ultrasound gel - it isn't at all irritating and it does the job. I have used Aloe Vera in the past but it can feel drying on my skin. My fave is the NuFace gel tbh but I'd rather spend that cash elsewhere. I used to use my NuFace religiously but it has been gathering dust with all my other devices for ages!

Just jumping on this thread as loving beauty devices myself- thanks for having me!

- got ziip halo- worked so well, lifting and toning was amazing and affective for a reasonable cost- but died after of a month used so decided to get a refund not a replacement. Really shame.

- got wellbox s lpg: I used twice a week on my face and belly. Belly o haven’t seen much change but face does feel a lot more lifting and firming.

- please invest in a facial steamer- over the time it will really help to clear you skin and shrink your pores, really help to brighten and radiate your skin, do it three days a week. If not just a hot (tolerable temperature not burning) pan, and cover your head in it :) it will do. Then do your usual beauty routine. I have Panasonic one and it works fine.

- tripollar is pretty good too and again keep using it to see result. I have the old gold vx one.

- dr arrivo vzusa- my best device it’s really contour your face and shape your face to be very toned. Wrinkle was a lot less noticeable, Very expensive but worth it. Well known Japanese brand. I don’t think any brand can come close. Any of the dr arrivo products work well. My sagg left side is very tone now and was very asymmetrical before but about 80% better. I used it on and off having a 2 years old, I have it for 1 year now. New version just came out after a few years, I really want it!

- Panasonic and Yaman facial / cleanser/ moisturiser- they are similar to UFO in a way- these are ok, they deep cleanse and penetrating stuff you put on your face deep in layers of your skin. It’s good to deep clean your face too, after washing your face, use the cotton pad and your micelles water, run the device on your face and the cotton pad turns dark grey! I use it on and off as busy/ lazy, but my face feels very clean afterwards.

- I used to have Clarisonic and pmd to cleanse face but my toddler broke it so thinking to get foreo now there’s discount.

- I like led too, I use a Japanese brand called exideal. And yes led is really affective.

- I love all Japanese devices!

- there’s another one I want to get but Korean which is hifu for personal use. I have seen some good results.

- oh maybe off topic: but take collagen, it really helps with your skin and body- I started taking when I was 28 for a few months and my skin was so beautiful in that period. I’m now 38 and start taking it again. The powder Is the best one to get as they are raw collagen no added weird stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just jumping on this thread as loving beauty devices myself- thanks for having me!

- got ziip halo- worked so well, lifting and toning was amazing and affective for a reasonable cost- but died after of a month used so decided to get a refund not a replacement. Really shame.

- got wellbox s lpg: I used twice a week on my face and belly. Belly o haven’t seen much change but face does feel a lot more lifting and firming.

- please invest in a facial steamer- over the time it will really help to clear you skin and shrink your pores, really help to brighten and radiate your skin, do it three days a week. If not just a hot (tolerable temperature not burning) pan, and cover your head in it :) it will do. Then do your usual beauty routine. I have Panasonic one and it works fine.

- tripollar is pretty good too and again keep using it to see result. I have the old gold vx one.

- dr arrivo vzusa- my best device it’s really contour your face and shape your face to be very toned. Wrinkle was a lot less noticeable, Very expensive but worth it. Well known Japanese brand. I don’t think any brand can come close. Any of the dr arrivo products work well. My sagg left side is very tone now and was very asymmetrical before but about 80% better. I used it on and off having a 2 years old, I have it for 1 year now. New version just came out after a few years, I really want it!

- Panasonic and Yaman facial / cleanser/ moisturiser- they are similar to UFO in a way- these are ok, they deep cleanse and penetrating stuff you put on your face deep in layers of your skin. It’s good to deep clean your face too, after washing your face, use the cotton pad and your micelles water, run the device on your face and the cotton pad turns dark grey! I use it on and off as busy/ lazy, but my face feels very clean afterwards.

- I used to have Clarisonic and pmd to cleanse face but my toddler broke it so thinking to get foreo now there’s discount.

- I like led too, I use a Japanese brand called exideal. And yes led is really affective.

- I love all Japanese devices!

- there’s another one I want to get but Korean which is hifu for personal use. I have seen some good results.

- oh maybe off topic: but take collagen, it really helps with your skin and body- I started taking when I was 28 for a few months and my skin was so beautiful in that period. I’m now 38 and start taking it again. The powder Is the best one to get as they are raw collagen no added weird stuff.
Thank you for such a great post! I’m so interested in Dr Arrivo, can you tell us a bit more about it? It is expensive 🙈 but I’ve always heard fantastic things about the brand.

I’m really interested in other Japanese devices/skincare you use? I really like J/K beauty - I follow dr Zion on Instagram (she’s Korean American) and I love her balance of devices/products from across the world!