Beyond Skincare #4 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone recommend a gadget for clearing up skin? I’ve had so many big red spots come up on my chin and around my mouth this year because I cannot stop picking at the lumps and bumps that appear and giving my skin a good squeeze and getting all the gunk out. I’m certain that what I’m squeezing isn’t blackheads- should I even be looking at gadgets?
I had this, turns out I needed a root canal. Now my skin is clear.

Just jumping on this thread as loving beauty devices myself- thanks for having me!

- got ziip halo- worked so well, lifting and toning was amazing and affective for a reasonable cost- but died after of a month used so decided to get a refund not a replacement. Really shame.

- got wellbox s lpg: I used twice a week on my face and belly. Belly o haven’t seen much change but face does feel a lot more lifting and firming.

- please invest in a facial steamer- over the time it will really help to clear you skin and shrink your pores, really help to brighten and radiate your skin, do it three days a week. If not just a hot (tolerable temperature not burning) pan, and cover your head in it :) it will do. Then do your usual beauty routine. I have Panasonic one and it works fine.

- tripollar is pretty good too and again keep using it to see result. I have the old gold vx one.

- dr arrivo vzusa- my best device it’s really contour your face and shape your face to be very toned. Wrinkle was a lot less noticeable, Very expensive but worth it. Well known Japanese brand. I don’t think any brand can come close. Any of the dr arrivo products work well. My sagg left side is very tone now and was very asymmetrical before but about 80% better. I used it on and off having a 2 years old, I have it for 1 year now. New version just came out after a few years, I really want it!

- Panasonic and Yaman facial / cleanser/ moisturiser- they are similar to UFO in a way- these are ok, they deep cleanse and penetrating stuff you put on your face deep in layers of your skin. It’s good to deep clean your face too, after washing your face, use the cotton pad and your micelles water, run the device on your face and the cotton pad turns dark grey! I use it on and off as busy/ lazy, but my face feels very clean afterwards.

- I used to have Clarisonic and pmd to cleanse face but my toddler broke it so thinking to get foreo now there’s discount.

- I like led too, I use a Japanese brand called exideal. And yes led is really affective.

- I love all Japanese devices!

- there’s another one I want to get but Korean which is hifu for personal use. I have seen some good results.

- oh maybe off topic: but take collagen, it really helps with your skin and body- I started taking when I was 28 for a few months and my skin was so beautiful in that period. I’m now 38 and start taking it again. The powder Is the best one to get as they are raw collagen no added weird stuff.
Great post! Which collagen powder do you use?

Great post! Which collagen powder do you use?
Thank you! When I was 28 I used an Asian brand (marine one) now I’m also using the marine one too (ancient and brave)- it’s more expensive than bovine but it worked at 28 so I stick with it.

Collagens need 6-8 weeks to show improvement so don’t get disheartened if nothing shows initially. You could get a few breakouts at the beginning too I think it’s the toxin leaving your body!

i could be talking rubbish about toxin etc, but one thing i know for sure is collagen does work. i have taken for two weeks now, my nail was so soft and bendy and break easiky, its now rock hard! i tried bending a few times and nails stay still, they grow so much quicker too! my skin shows slower improvement. i mostly use devices, very lazy with skincare but it does feel plummer very subtly though.

Reactions: 2
Fascinating, which Asian brand please?

Thank you! When I was 28 I used an Asian brand (marine one) now I’m also using the marine one too (ancient and brave)- it’s more expensive than bovine but it worked at 28 so I stick with it.

Collagens need 6-8 weeks to show improvement so don’t get disheartened if nothing shows initially. You could get a few breakouts at the beginning too I think it’s the toxin leaving your body!

i could be talking rubbish about toxin etc, but one thing i know for sure is collagen does work. i have taken for two weeks now, my nail was so soft and bendy and break easiky, its now rock hard! i tried bending a few times and nails stay still, they grow so much quicker too! my skin shows slower improvement. i mostly use devices, very lazy with skincare but it does feel plummer very subtly though.
ic

Reactions: 1
Has anyone tried electrolysis? I was talking to a friend about laser/IPL/Alexandrite/NDYAG, and decided to look up electrolysis. The prices seemed pretty reasonable, and I wondered why I'd never looked at it before, especially as it is actually permanent, unlike laser hair removal.

Me I have excessive hair in my face. Had it done years ago. Took 8 years. My therapist said if it hasn’t gone within 2 years it won’t. I finished off with laxer and now just go back for top ups every year to catch any stragglers. It hurts and takes along time as the needle does each follicle individually and all the hairs aren’t at the same stage.
Check which machine id being used some are more powerful than others. I wasted several years and £££ on one that essentially did nothing.

Reactions: 3
Fascinating, which Asian brand please?

ic
Sorry for the late reply, it’s a Vietnamese brand called LA’s house (not la the location but the name of the owner), great brand but shipping cost is too much for me now. The owner is almost 50 but she looks like she is in her late 20s early 30s! Asian gene is good ok but you do need to take supplement to maintain that gene I think!
---
Thank you for such a great post! I’m so interested in Dr Arrivo, can you tell us a bit more about it? It is expensive 🙈 but I’ve always heard fantastic things about the brand.

I’m really interested in other Japanese devices/skincare you use? I really like J/K beauty - I follow dr Zion on Instagram (she’s Korean American) and I love her balance of devices/products from across the world!
Thank you for your post! Sorry I hadn’t replied, I will just need to sit on my computer to type it down, my iPhone is so slow so very frustrating to type. Will do tomorrow x

• Heart
Sorry for the late reply, it’s a Vietnamese brand called LA’s house (not la the location but the name of the owner), great brand but shipping cost is too much for me now. The owner is almost 50 but she looks like she is in her late 20s early 30s! Asian gene is good ok but you do need to take supplement to maintain that gene I think!
---

Thank you for your post! Sorry I hadn’t replied, I will just need to sit on my computer to type it down, my iPhone is so slow so very frustrating to type. Will do tomorrow x
Oh my goodness, no stress 🙂 thank you!

Does any have any recommendations for laser hair devices for at home use? I’m looking for something that can be used on my face. I know they won’t be a strong as salon devices but I’m looking for something as a starting point as I’m sick of plucking 😭

Thanks in advance. You were all such a help when it came to LED mask advice a few threads back 🫶🏼

Does any have any recommendations for laser hair devices for at home use? I’m looking for something that can be used on my face. I know they won’t be a strong as salon devices but I’m looking for something as a starting point as I’m sick of plucking 😭

Thanks in advance. You were all such a help when it came to LED mask advice a few threads back 🫶🏼
I have the Philips Lumea one which can be used on the face. I am SO BAD at remembering to use it that I can’t tell you if it’s effective on the face or not. When I did use it on my armpits it was great, though. I really need to get better at routines!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Can’t remember who asked these questions, so apologies:

Co2 laser- I was looking to get this done on my cheeks as there’s some mild red discolouration from past outbreaks, but I was warned by the practitioner it would lighten my skin so I would have to get it done on my entire face, despite being light skinned. So something to be aware of.

Electrolysis query- Don’t waste your time or money, my friend ended up giving up and going for laser after 4 years ( after getting burnt and all sort of other issues in the process). The same applies for anyone getting IPL for hair removal. Laser is the go-to for a reason, and I say this as someone who has been burnt by an IPL treatment in the past.

• Heart
I used my Foreo Bear and Bear mini this morning. When selecting my program of choice from the Foreo App, I noticed they ave a new “workout” for each device behind a paywall!
it seems to be a subscription service…pay 99 cent per month and opt out any time. Harrumph!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
I used my Foreo Bear and Bear mini this morning. When selecting my program of choice from the Foreo App, I noticed they ave a new “workout” for each device behind a paywall!
it seems to be a subscription service…pay 99 cent per month and opt out any time. Harrumph!
That’s absolutely taking the piss considering the price we pay already for these devices 🤬

Reactions: 7
Has anyone tried electrolysis? I was talking to a friend about laser/IPL/Alexandrite/NDYAG, and decided to look up electrolysis. The prices seemed pretty reasonable, and I wondered why I'd never looked at it before, especially as it is actually permanent, unlike laser hair removal.
I am currently having it for the hairs on my chinny chin chin & it’s been effective so far. I find that I can tolerate the blended (galvanic current) much better than just the heat - I find that too intense.

The place I go to has really thorough training for their staff.

I wouldn’t have it done on a large area though - it would take too long, be too painful and expensive.

I have the Philips Lumea one which can be used on the face. I am SO BAD at remembering to use it that I can’t tell you if it’s effective on the face or not. When I did use it on my armpits it was great, though. I really need to get better at routines!
ive got the Philips Lumea and absolutely love it. It does work. My hairs aren’t gone forever but when I use it once… then use again a fortnight later… I generally didn’t need to shave much beyond that. Until maybe the next summer.

the ingrown hairs I used to get pretty frequently are pretty much gone for good too.