Beyond Skincare #4 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have the Iris, the original one. It was my first Foreo device, got it in 2016 and it's still going! I love it, I do feel it makes eye creams work a bit harder. And it only takes minutes. Over the 7 years I've gone through phases of not using it but I always come back to it

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm considering the Dermalux Flex (especially if there is a good Black Friday deal). @Brian Butterfield and @dinosaursideways are you still liking and using yours and @Aude still not tempted because of the long time it takes? Does anyone else have it? Thanks
If there was a stupendously good deal (e.g. more than 50% off) I might be tempted. But even then, I'm not sure. I'll be interested to know how others have been getting on with theirs.

Reactions: 2
I'm considering the Dermalux Flex (especially if there is a good Black Friday deal). @Brian Butterfield and @dinosaursideways are you still liking and using yours and @Aude still not tempted because of the long time it takes? Does anyone else have it? Thanks
If there was a stupendously good deal (e.g. more than 50% off) I might be tempted. But even then, I'm not sure. I'll be interested to know how others have been getting on with theirs.
I've had a few months off using mine regularly (life things...also had a few months off cooking meals etc, that level of life things). I've really noticed the change in my acne/spots - my skin was much clearer when I was using it and any spots disappeared quickly without scarring/any scarring seemed to go. I'm prone to hormonal acne but I also wear face masks for work, which exacerbates things. So it was definitely keeping my skin clear and really seemed to help with pigmentation.

It's really hard for me to say to what extent it helps with collagen/anti-ageing. This year I've also done Lumecca (mainly for vascular rosacea) and had a PRP facial. So three different things muddying the water to figure out what worked 🤣

I don't regret buying the DermaluxFlex and definitely plan to get PRP facials a couple of times a year for the forseeable. Wouldn't bother getting Lumecca again. Whatever worked to whatever extent, I'm really happy with my skin at the moment (other than the spots, but I know when I have the time and energy to start using DermaluxFlex again regularly that will get sorted).

Possibly not that helpful 🤣 I know the clinic where I get Botox offers DermaluxFlex sessions for £25, you could maybe see if anywhere around you has one you could try out before deciding whether to invest?

Thank you everyone and it's an interesting point around what else do we do and does it make a difference. And that's without discussing what if we did nothing at all!

Thank you everyone and it's an interesting point around what else do we do and does it make a difference. And that's without discussing what if we did nothing at all!
Do you have an LED mask? Weirdly I prefer doing 10 mins a day, if I had to remember 3 sessions a week I’d forget.

@lucylucyapplejuicy I have both the Current Body face and neck LED masks and they are easy to fit the time in. I think I need to do a bit more reading about it, watching out for a discount and maybe just laying around for 30 mins 3 times a week to make sure a have the time!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
@lucylucyapplejuicy I have both the Current Body face and neck LED masks and they are easy to fit the time in. I think I need to do a bit more reading about it, watching out for a discount and maybe just laying around for 30 mins 3 times a week to make sure a have the time!
There’s also the size of it. Is it going to end up being annoying?

Hey, @Ccc8, I still love my Flex. I feel like it gives my skin a nice glow and makes it plumper. I always feel "revived" and fresh after using it if that makes any sense, even when I've had bugger all sleep (thanks insomnia). I wouldn't say it has helped fade my pigmentation/melasma but do think it has helped keep it from getting any worse over the summer months. My skin has been clearer with barely any breakouts either. I think my skin is pretty good for 44, especially considering the decades of sun abuse I've put it though. I wish I hadn't been so obsessed with being tanned in my youth 😭 factor 50 is my best friend these days.

It is a silly amount of money though so def keep an eye out for a BF deal.

One thing I have just started doing is putting all my serums on first and then going under - they tell you to have bare skin, however, the doctor at a skin clinic I go to (who uses it on clients) said to give it a whirl as it helps the products penetrate better. I've had no reaction so far and I have rosacea/sensitive skin.

I quite like lying under it for 30 minutes as I stick on a podcast and relax.

Reactions: 4
One thing I have just started doing is putting all my serums on first and then going under - they tell you to have bare skin, however, the doctor at a skin clinic I go to (who uses it on clients) said to give it a whirl as it helps the products penetrate better. I've had no reaction so far and I have rosacea/sensitive skin.

I quite like lying under it for 30 minutes as I stick on a podcast and relax.
That's really interesting to hear!! I have been wondering about applying products before using it - I think currentbody do some like hydrogel masks they suggest using with their LED products. Do you stick to clear serums/products or do you also use opaque creams etc?

I do love relaxing under it too, I feel like it it really helps activate my parasympathetic nervous system.

• Heart
That's really interesting to hear!! I have been wondering about applying products before using it - I think currentbody do some like hydrogel masks they suggest using with their LED products. Do you stick to clear serums/products or do you also use opaque creams etc?

I do love relaxing under it too, I feel like it it really helps activate my parasympathetic nervous system.
Agree on BIB!

My current routine is cleanse, Estee Lauder Re-Nutiriv Ultimate Lift Regenerating Lotion, generous splashing/slapping on of the cosrx galactomyces 95 tone balancing essence, Vinoperfect Radiance Serum then either Sachi Triphala Pigment corrector or Estee Lauder Advanced night repair. I've not used a cream but as I tend to do it in the morning, once I've used my Flex I then slather on the factor 50.

I think it would be really lovely with just a simple deep hydrating serum. I know my layers are a bit wild, I'm just so paranoid about my pigmentation.

Last edited:
Does anyone use an IPL for hair removal? When should I start seeing results? I know it says 8-12 weeks for full results, but I’m 6 weeks in with NONE at all - hair is still growing back just as thick, just as quick! I guess I was just hoping for SOME sort of encouraging sign by now.

I didn’t use it on its full setting the first 2 weeks as I was a bit scared of it, but 4 weeks of proper use and nothing has changed? I use it twice per week as advised and really take my time with it to cover the area properly.

I’m olive skinned with very dark hair so should be a good candidate.

Have I just bought a tit product? It was the Diamond Skin Pro which had good reviews. Am I just being impatient? X

Does anyone use an IPL for hair removal? When should I start seeing results? I know it says 8-12 weeks for full results, but I’m 6 weeks in with NONE at all - hair is still growing back just as thick, just as quick! I guess I was just hoping for SOME sort of encouraging sign by now.

I didn’t use it on its full setting the first 2 weeks as I was a bit scared of it, but 4 weeks of proper use and nothing has changed? I use it twice per week as advised and really take my time with it to cover the area properly.

Have I just bought a tit product? It was the Diamond Skin Pro which had good reviews. Am I just being impatient? X
I’ve got the Philips Lumea and not to sound dramatic but it was life changing for me. I would say I am 95% hair free now. It would be 100% but now I only do very occasional sessions and when I do I’m quite sloppy.

The key is definitely doing it religiously in the beginning and mapping out the area so you get every bit of skin. I can use the highest setting because I’m quite pale, but I was cautious to start with and used low settings and I was not seeing results. When I increased it I then started getting results after 2 sessions (hair much thinner and sparse) and after 4 (approx. 2 months) hair was not growing back.

I’m surprised it advises twice per week? Mine was once every two weeks, because you have to get the hair in the right phase of its growth cycle.

Reactions: 7
I also have a Lumea and love it, I have gotten lazy with it though and it does need to be maintained. But I'm now motivated to start it again

• Heart
@givemethenight i know I replied on the other thread, but defo persevere 😂 looks like we all had a very mid first experience but once you’re consistent it’s really worth it. Honestly, I forget about hair removal until I look at my knees which still grow hair (wtf lol).

• Heart

Just don't give up, I didn't see results till 8 weeks and after that I had barely any growth after weeks. However with IPL it is not permanent and continued use is required although not as constant as at first & different devices have different guidelines etc. But ultimately they're all pretty much the same as in, semi permanent not fully permanent and at 8 weeks you'll see a difference if consistent use.

Thank you all so much! I’ll definitely perservere! I’m just being impatient! I’m the sort of person that gets stubble the next day after shaving and so I really want this to work! X

Hope no minds that I jumped on this thread. I’m going for my first Aqualyx treatment for my inner knee area on Thursday which I’m really excited about- does anyone have any experience of this treatment?

I’ll probably need a course of three in total (so £1000 total in my location), and if all goes well I think I may have my banana rolls (under bum area) and lower abdomen area treated. I’ll report back here if I see results.

For those getting IPL treatment for hair removal, I underwent a very long course years ago in my early 20s. Nothing works as well as laser, as IPL is old technology. Check that you’re getting laser, rather than IPL as sometimes salons use the terms interchangeably. It’s also a lot easier to get burnt with IPL if you have any melanin to your skin too, as I can sadly attest to…

My UFO died a little while ago and I've got some birthday money.. now we are into winter I've really noticed my skin getting dry no matter what I slap on my face and thinking I'm going to replace it. Can someone enable me? Please and thank you :ROFLMAO:

Does anyone have the new UFO 3? I think I'm going to get it from here on offer as it also comes with some masks https://www.currentbody.com/products/foreo-ufo-3-smart-mask-treatment-device

They seem to have another UFO3 LED version that's a bit cheaper but I can't for the life of me work out the difference. They both have the LED settings and surely a handheld thing you put on your face for a couple of minutes isn't going to have the same benefit as an LED mask would have anyway?!