Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SunshineRae

VIP Member
Does anyone use an IPL for hair removal? When should I start seeing results? I know it says 8-12 weeks for full results, but I’m 6 weeks in with NONE at all - hair is still growing back just as thick, just as quick! I guess I was just hoping for SOME sort of encouraging sign by now.

I didn’t use it on its full setting the first 2 weeks as I was a bit scared of it, but 4 weeks of proper use and nothing has changed? I use it twice per week as advised and really take my time with it to cover the area properly.

I’m olive skinned with very dark hair so should be a good candidate.

Have I just bought a shit product? It was the Diamond Skin Pro which had good reviews. Am I just being impatient? X
I’ve got the Philips Lumea and not to sound dramatic but it was life changing for me. I would say I am 95% hair free now. It would be 100% but now I only do very occasional sessions and when I do I’m quite sloppy.

The key is definitely doing it religiously in the beginning and mapping out the area so you get every bit of skin. I can use the highest setting because I’m quite pale, but I was cautious to start with and used low settings and I was not seeing results. When I increased it I then started getting results after 2 sessions (hair much thinner and sparse) and after 4 (approx. 2 months) hair was not growing back.

I’m surprised it advises twice per week? Mine was once every two weeks, because you have to get the hair in the right phase of its growth cycle.

Reactions: 7

Aude

VIP Member
What's the chat? I'm not on Facebook. I got my latest mini a few weeks ago and am back in love. It's so good...but consistency is key
I barely look at the NB Facebook page but I glanced the other day and someone had asked something like 'what's the most overrated beauty product?'. NB had replied saying 'devices' or maybe 'at home devices'. The chat about Nuface may have followed from that.

Five years on, I'm still using my Nuface mini every other day and think it's contributed hugely to the good quality of my skin and facial structure.

• Heart

50sGirl

VIP Member
Currentbody LED Neck & Dec mask on offer at QVC today only.
£190 plus postage.
Includes 5 hydrogel masks.

Check cash back sites and go through those if ordering. Quidco is 4.5% for this item so it all helps. 🙂

It is currently £250 for the LED mask plus £37 for the Hydrogel masks on the Currentbody site, so it’s almost £100 saving if you but from QVC today.

Offer ends midnight tonight or earlier if it sells out.

Last edited:
  • Heart

dinosaursideways

Anyone tried Polynucleotide injections...its called Ameela eyes in my clinic?
I should be started a 3-course for undereyes next week! My doctor said it's going to hurt, but I have a decent pain tolerance so I'm hoping I will manage it (although I'll be on my period so will be more pain sensitive 😭)

I've been looking to try it since I read this article last year: https://thetweakmentsguide.com/blog/move-over-profhilo-the-polynucleotides-are-here/

I had undereye filler nearly 4 years ago which made a significant difference at the time that I'm still happy with. But ageing and gravity have continued (I'm nearly 40 and sadly can't defy the laws of physics and time) and I'm seeing more hollowness/dark shadow under my eyes. I actually went to see a doctor about laser resurfacing, which I think I've mentioned here before, and he advised it would be overkill - I wouldn't see significant enough results for it to be worth the cost and downtime, because my undereyes are in pretty decent shape. He said wait until you'll see more of an improvement. And I'm reluctant to get more filler just yet (risk of complications/results not being as desired/every 4 years is a bit too frequent for my preference given how long it can hang around&migrate, especially if eventually I'll get a face lift). So PNA seems worth trying.

My doctor has said I need to think of it more as preventative medicine with a payoff in the longer term, that I won't see the same kind of results as if I got filler, which makes sense.

ALSO LED.

Tell me why I'm wanting to get a neck mask as well 🤣 I've finally been using my 3 minute face mask every day, because the whole reason I bought it was to use it daily. And I've been using my dermalux flex on other body areas more regularly. But neck is super awkward, and 10 minutes of neck is so appealing.....but I'm running out of space for all this tech 🙈 oh yes and running out of money. My salary comes in, and it goes back out on my credit card bill. Hellllllllp

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Someone was asking if it was worth it and there were a lot of "it's not worth it" comments. I just went back and saw another comment that said it was ok, nothing spectacular, you're supposed to use it consistently for 6 weeks but I gave up after a few days. In that case it's no wonder it didn't work for some of them!

• Haha

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
I’ve finally charged up all my devices (I have an early Luna mini, a UFO 2 and a NuFace mini). I used them all today and I feel like a brand new person. Super tempted by the Luna body, my skin is always a disaster of ingrown hairs and strawberry skin. I guess I’ll see if I manage to keep up the NuFace usage first before I splash out on more gadgets.
I love this! Since I did my kickstart at the end of the summer with mine, I’ve felt loads better in myself. Also over the festive period I’ve seen loads of people I’ve not seen since then and the compliments have been rolling in, so must be doing something right!

• Heart
Reactions: 6

dinosaursideways

OH so polynucleotides update (procedure and aftermath, not results - not expecting anything short term).

It was a lot less painful than I expected! Not many injection points - apparently there is a "grid" of points they inject based on what performed best in the clinical trials. I think I had maybe 7 on each side? I had it to address my undereye area but the injection sites were all in the cheek area rather than closer around the eyes (I am going to double check that I definitely am on the "eye" pathway lol). I had numbing cream for 10~15 minutes beforehand which won't have penetrated deep enough to do anything about the below-surface sting of what's being injected but took the edge off the skin piercing needle at least. It was very tolerable (compared to PRP/microneedling), mainly because its so quick, so few points, and not much being injected. I could feel the lumps afterwards, took about a week for them all to dissipate. The lumps weren't visible but were definitely there beneath the skin when I applied skincare. My doctor gave me some fancy ZO skin serum to apply after which smells so delicious and so far is the highlight of the experience. SO delicious smelling.

I've tried taking some before photos so that I can actually do photos again in a few months and see if there is any noticeable difference. If there is I may post...

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I think you're right Aude, there's a tendency on these kind of groups to go along with what the 'leader' thinks so if Nadine declares at home devices to be a scam, a lot of them will also take that view. It's the same on the Hirons group, although a million times more extreme

The Nuface has been the single best thing I've ever invested in for my skin

• Heart

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
I mentioned my ufo so had a bath and did a mask and topping up my ipl 💁🏻‍♀️ feeling unreal (did make use of the steamy bathroom to spray cleaned on and have already done a days work lol I’m not a pisstaker)

the deals foreo have on their devices atm plus the gifts are unbelievable. I was going to get a few masks and a few bits (iris and free toothbrush) almost slipped into my basket so I exxed out of the lot of it 😬

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Can I ask a potentially silly question please? Are LED masks aimed at line reducing rather than skin firming?
I’m looking for a good firming device rather than splurging on salon treatments. I had a gadget ages ago but found it time consuming and not very effective, and quickly got bored with it.
If the masks do the same thing, I’d be tempted to try one, since they seem easier to use.
Sorry to ask on here, I’ve read the PR blurb on many of these things and it’s just left me confused!

This is my understanding- an LED mask is aimed at wrinkles/ texture rather than firming, it's not going to firm up a slack jawline or anything. However, they do stimulate collagen production so they will indirectly help with skin firming in the long run although it won't cure existing slackness IYSWIM. If that's your concern though you're best off getting a device that's aimed at that like microcurrent or a radiofrequency device

I can't recommend the Nuface enoigh but it does need to be used almost daily to work. If you find devices time consuming I'd recommend the Sensilift or Sensilift Mini. It's a longer treatment than a Nuface/ microcurrent but you only need to do it once a week for 8 weeks and then once a month thereafter so one long session might be better suited to you than daily sessions

Mod edit fixing typo as requested

Last edited by a moderator:

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I just bought the Foreo Kiwi pore vacuum. There's a pore vacuum and a pore vacuum/ microdermabrasion tool but I just went for the one without microdermabrasion tool as I don't think I'd use that part

Will report back

• Heart

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I'm really surprised anyone thinks the NuFace is a bad device because the results are so immediate? I am really lax at using mine but when I do use it I always think 'I need to get into this more regularly'. It's not like some of the others that take ages to see any effect.

Rosie878

VIP Member
After you cleanse slather your richest cream on those areas, like trowel it on so it looks like a mask, then pop some cut out sections of cling film over the top. Give it fifteen minutes or so and you should notice a significantly plumper, smoother appearance. I know this sounds odd but I learned it from a dermatologist!
Trying this tonight! Can't wait to see my partners face 🤣

• Haha

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
After reading here I’m going to try my hardest to use my Nuface regularly, I’ve charged it up in preparation.

I use my Foreo and led mask without fail but for some reason I got out of routine with the nuface and let it slide, need to change that !

greenvelvet

VIP Member
You have all probs heard of this but I really recommend gua sha - it’s good for lymphatic drainage and making your face feel less puffy/more lifted. I can see the difference between the sides I have and haven’t done halfway through

it also helps with congestion, like I’m mildly allergic to cats/get hayfever and after exposure I feel less bunged up after I’ve done a gua sha routine. It’s just a face massage tool at the end of the day but they’re so cheap it’s nbd purchasing one

Aude

VIP Member
Well... On the plus side, it's very easy to get going with. Simple, clear instructions. Also, I think it'll be easy to get into the habit of using it - just add it as another (quick) step to your morning and/or evening skincare routine.

On the down side, I was surprised that I could feel it even on the lowest setting. Not exactly painful but heading in that direction. I'm using it on my upper lip, which is quite a sensitive area. I expect I'll be able to get up to the next level, but probably not higher than that. To compensate, I'm planning to use if morning and evening (which is permitted).
Just to say that I'm getting on well with the Nira which I've been using on my upper lip for 40 days now.

I was very cautious at first because, as soon as I started using it, I had the sudden realisation that it could trigger a cold sore. I took a preventative course of Acyclovir and was fine. Over a couple of weeks I progressed from level 1 to level 4 (of 5) and to using it twice a day. It is, by a mile, the quickest and easiest of the three devices I use (NuFace mini, LED mask, Nira). Takes about a minute. No gel.

Is it making a difference? I think it might be. They say it takes 90 days.

Reactions: 5

50sGirl

VIP Member
I’ve finally charged up all my devices (I have an early Luna mini, a UFO 2 and a NuFace mini). I used them all today and I feel like a brand new person. Super tempted by the Luna body, my skin is always a disaster of ingrown hairs and strawberry skin. I guess I’ll see if I manage to keep up the NuFace usage first before I splash out on more gadgets.
My aim is to work through all my face masks this year so that I can treat myself to the UFO 2 when/if it goes on offer towards the end of the year.

kelly123

VIP Member
PENNLED gets you money off, found the code by accident researching micro needling, and had already bought my neck and dec device off qvc for a less good deal 😬 I think it’s 20% I have refer a friend but it’s only 12%
Thanks! That code gets 25% off (the LED hand thing). @kelly123
Thank you so much! I’ve just ordered 🤭 paid £141.75 down from £189. Can not wait to start using it

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Have just used my UFO again for the first time in ages and oh my god I had forgotten how amazing it makes me feel. Really need to get back into the habit of using it weekly as it honestly feels like I've been for a proper facial