Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@SqualorVictoria thank you!! I feel like the bear is the better gateway drug for me. My only grrrr is that I have the original Luna and original UFO, slightly wonder if I should wait a bit to see if improvements are made. I say that and I’ll probably go for it when Black Friday hits!

Anyone have any top tips for cellulite? I’ve put on a ton of weight thanks to ill health but I’m back on it now. Are there any helping hands?

I used my sarah chapman facial massager this morning for the first time in ages. Pros are that I really notice a difference on my jaw line, really relaxing and so cheap! Only con seems to be that if you use it regularly… it seems less effective and much looser. I don’t know if this is because the plastic eases up. In any case, thought I’d share

Last edited:
@SqualorVictoria thank you!! I feel like the bear is the better gateway drug for me. My only grrrr is that I have the original Luna and original UFO, slightly wonder if I should wait a bit to see if improvements are made. I say that and I’ll probably go for it when Black Friday hits!

Anyone have any top tips for cellulite? I’ve put on a ton of weight thanks to ill health but I’m back on it now. Are there any helping hands?

I used my sarah chapman facial massager this morning for the first time in ages. Pros are that I really notice a difference on my jaw line, really relaxing and so cheap! Only con seems to be that if you use it regularly… it seems less effective and much looser. I don’t know if this is because the plastic eases up. In any case, thought I’d share
My top tip for cellulite is body brushing. You've got to do it everyday but really it does work! Do it before your shower and use a body lotion after so that you don't get flaky shins etc. Avoid if you have broken veins though as it may make them worse. Also the usual advice - drink loads of water. Boring but really helps (with everything actually).

Youth Junkie is very very nice , I keep patting my face😊 . I love Manuka Honey and will use that a lot once my central heating goes on , it’s so moisturising .
Me too - I have been using it the UFO lot more since the weather cooled down and that is my favourite so far. If I use Youth Junkie at night, my foundation goes on like a dream the next morning and looks flawless. Accidentally ordered the sheet mask version of Bulgarian Rose - I definitely prefer the regular treatments but it was the actually nicest sheet mask I have ever used so not a waste.

Last edited:
@SqualorVictoria me too! I love them. I’ve had my Luna for so long, the app doesn’t recognise it as it’s Bluetooth less and it’s still going strong. I’m more inclined to get the bear versus the nuface. Have you compared the two?

What’s everyone’s fav ufo masks? I’ve used make my day and call it a night so far….
My favourite ufo masks are the cannabis and the Bulgarian rose. Both very soothing and nourishing. The cannabis one is said to be calming for the skin and I’ve found that it does help reduce my redness. It’s used with the cryo setting on the ufo so it feels lovely during use and my skin soothed for a long time after. The rose mask is really moisturising and I’ve found my skin feels very plump for ages afterwards.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hello, looking for some face skin care advice if anyone is about!

I usually have good skin but this week I've had some spotty outbreaks on my chin and some spots on my cheeks, which feel quite dry. My usual routine is a Sukin face wash in the shower and then Sukin moisturizer afterwards. But I think I need something different to sort out these break outs.

Can anyone recommend any vegan products to help tackle my skin that are available at Superdrug (the closest shop to me that sells products like that)?

TIA!

Reactions: 1
Foreo are doing buy one get one free on the Espada (!), what do people think of it? I do get the odd hormonal break out now and then but not sure what I'd do with the second one..

Bit of an odd one and this thread is more active than the skincare one but has anyone ever experienced this - I live in Liverpool and my boyfriends family are down south. Whenever I come down south, my face has a break out even though i’ve not chanted anything in my routine etc. I think it’s the difference between the water, up north is softer and down here is harder. I’m wondering if there’s anything I could do when down here to help it

I can’t wait to get home and try my current body mask

Bit of an odd one and this thread is more active than the skincare one but has anyone ever experienced this - I live in Liverpool and my boyfriends family are down south. Whenever I come down south, my face has a break out even though i’ve not chanted anything in my routine etc. I think it’s the difference between the water, up north is softer and down here is harder. I’m wondering if there’s anything I could do when down here to help it

I can’t wait to get home and try my current body mask
That is so odd because I live in Dublin (Ireland) and my partner is Spanish. Despite it being absolutely roasting when we were there for two weeks in August/Sept visiting his family, my skin was more hydrated than ever. Maintained exact same skin care. And, was just in Paris. To a lesser degree, but my skin was still more hydrated generally. Odd.

Thanks for the feedback. More questions:
  1. Wash with a device that massages
  2. Tone, add serums
  3. Use Foreo ufo (if you have it)
  4. Then use bear or alternative?
  5. Then led mask?
  6. Then use a moisturiser?
    Is the above the right way and on what basis? All of the above regularly or some regular and others a few times a week? Or is everything I have posted totally way off piste!

The bear or any microcurrent device should be used before serums or other skincare as otherwise the microcurrent won't work

I'd use led- microcurrent- skincare

Reactions: 5
I think the resident thread guru @SqualorVictoria has both ;) I have the UFO and love it. I'm wondering about the Aldi version too.
There's quite a useful review comparing the Aldi micro-current device with the NuFace on a YouTube channel called 'The Honest Channel'. The verdict was that the Aldi was more uncomfortable to use than the NuFace because the current felt somehow less 'controlled'; it did give a similar result to the NuFace but, being a bit ouchy to use, you might not keep it up the way you'd need to.

Has anyone come across that YT channel? It's the channel of a British woman in her late 40s which seems to be focused on aging well. I found it because I was looking for a review of the Hairstory New Wash product and it turned out to be a thorough and honest-seeming review. At first I thought she seemed a bit daytime telly but by the end I thought maybe, at last, I'd found a British HotandFlashy.

Reactions: 8
Foreo are doing buy one get one free on the Espada (!), what do people think of it? I do get the odd hormonal break out now and then but not sure what I'd do with the second one..
I am curious about the Espada too. I saw that sale but I don’t want to buy my friend an acne zapper 🥴 I plan on waiting until Black Friday. I read a review somewhere that said not to buy from Foreo directly either.

Reactions: 2
Hello, looking for some face skin care advice if anyone is about!

I usually have good skin but this week I've had some spotty outbreaks on my chin and some spots on my cheeks, which feel quite dry. My usual routine is a Sukin face wash in the shower and then Sukin moisturizer afterwards. But I think I need something different to sort out these break outs.

Can anyone recommend any vegan products to help tackle my skin that are available at Superdrug (the closest shop to me that sells products like that)?

TIA!
I think some salicylic acid could help! Is Revolution skincare at Superdrug? They have a 2% salicylic, and are cruelty free and vegan (I double checked their website). Also affordable prices (under £10). I find using a product like that just in the affected area really helps when I get breakouts.

I don't want to sound snobby but I'd be inclined to avoid Aldi versions, not because of the quality but because Aldi as I understand it only bring out limited edition things. I wouldn't want to get attached to a device and not be able to replace it if it's not available to buy anymore

Reactions: 6
I don't want to sound snobby but I'd be inclined to avoid Aldi versions, not because of the quality but because Aldi as I understand it only bring out limited edition things. I wouldn't want to get attached to a device and not be able to replace it if it's not available to buy anymore
I have this same dilemma with K beauty products. I got a k beauty box years ago that continues to haunt me with products and tools that I fall in love with but can never repurchase.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
There's quite a useful review comparing the Aldi micro-current device with the NuFace on a YouTube channel called 'The Honest Channel'. The verdict was that the Aldi was more uncomfortable to use than the NuFace because the current felt somehow less 'controlled'; it did give a similar result to the NuFace but, being a bit ouchy to use, you might not keep it up the way you'd need

Has anyone come across that YT channel? It's the channel of a British woman in her late 40s which seems to be focused on aging well. I found it because I was looking for a review of the Hairstory New Wash product and it turned out to be a thorough and honest-seeming review. At first I thought she seemed a bit daytime telly but by the end I thought maybe, at last, I'd found a British HotandFlashy.
Thank you. I’ll check out the you tube channel. Trying to do lots of research prior to laying out lots of money.

I think some salicylic acid could help! Is Revolution skincare at Superdrug? They have a 2% salicylic, and are cruelty free and vegan (I double checked their website). Also affordable prices (under £10). I find using a product like that just in the affected area really helps when I get breakouts.
Thank you, that's so incredibly kind of you to look it up. Heading to the shops just now so will be on the look out. Thank you again 😘

• Heart
Re the Espada, I like it and think it does help spots clear up more quickly. I mostly get hormonal acne which are very red and painful. Salicylic acid and normal spot patches don't touch them at all. It isn't a quick fix that will get rid of a spot immediately.

I am curious about the Espada too. I saw that sale but I don’t want to buy my friend an acne zapper 🥴 I plan on waiting until Black Friday. I read a review somewhere that said not to buy from Foreo directly either.
Yeah it feels a bit wasteful to have two of them. I'd rather they just threw some UFO masks into the mix. I bought my UFO direct from Foreo with no issues thankfully!

Re the Espada, I like it and think it does help spots clear up more quickly. I mostly get hormonal acne which are very red and painful. Salicylic acid and normal spot patches don't touch them at all. It isn't a quick fix that will get rid of a spot immediately.
Do you think it helps reduce pigmentation after the spot has gone? That's an issue for me these days - the spot will go away but I'm left with a mark for around a week.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.