Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
so i am going to test my current body led mask on my elbow i think it said first???? but when i do use it on my face, do i just cleanse my face and then use it and then continue with the rest of my routine: spritz, serums, moisturiser?

can i use my medik8 crystal retinal after using the led mask?

Has anyone tried kybella/desoface for under the chin? I’ve nearly finished a course of orthodontics (ceramic braces), been using the NuFace for over a year, try to do regular lymphatic massages/gua sha (not as regularly as I should) and I still have a bit of a double chin.

I’m pretty slim so I really feel like this is just stubborn fat.

Also, RE water in different areas setting off your skin - yes, when I lived in the US it totally tanked my skin. I developed dry patches on my knuckles that took a while to get rid of

Reactions: 1
Has anyone tried kybella/desoface for under the chin? I’ve nearly finished a course of orthodontics (ceramic braces), been using the NuFace for over a year, try to do regular lymphatic massages/gua sha (not as regularly as I should) and I still have a bit of a double chin.

I’m pretty slim so I really feel like this is just stubborn fat.

Also, RE water in different areas setting off your skin - yes, when I lived in the US it totally tanked my skin. I developed dry patches on my knuckles that took a while to get rid of
I've no personal experience but Alice Hart-Davis - who I think is as well informed and honest as anyone on these matters - recently did an Instagram post about options for treating double chins and included a link to a fact sheet on her website https://thetweakmentsguide.com/concerns/double-chin/

• Heart
Reactions: 3
so i am going to test my current body led mask on my elbow i think it said first???? but when i do use it on my face, do i just cleanse my face and then use it and then continue with the rest of my routine: spritz, serums, moisturiser?

can i use my medik8 crystal retinal after using the led mask?
yeah I normally do LED after cleansing before the rest of my products.

Not sure re retinal after the LED mask? I normally do my retinol products on a separate night to LED etc. But the Light Salon website (whose mask is very similar to the current body one, same manufacturer I think?) mentions you can use retinol and similar resurfacing products before or after LED. https://www.thelight-salon.com/en-au/pages/boost-faqs

Sorry guys! Better link here. I saw Alex Steinherr using one on her IG.
Does this brand have another product that, basically, sprays serums onto your face? I think James Welsh reviewed something like that and said it was nice but he didn't really see what it added. They

Reactions: 1
yeah I normally do LED after cleansing before the rest of my products.

Not sure re retinal after the LED mask? I normally do my retinol products on a separate night to LED etc. But the Light Salon website (whose mask is very similar to the current body one, same manufacturer I think?) mentions you can use retinol and similar resurfacing products before or after LED. https://www.thelight-salon.com/en-au/pages/boost-faqs
My understanding is that you can use any or all of your usual skincare products after using an LED mask. I use prescription strength retinol (Tretinoin 0.1%) after using my LED mask.

There are different views on what you can or should use immediately before using the mask. Some people, me included, use the mask just on clean skin. Others apply a serum before. I think the main thing is not to use anything thick beforehand that might prevent the LED getting to the skin.

Does this brand have another product that, basically, sprays serums onto your face? I think James Welsh reviewed something like that and said it was nice but he didn't really see what it added. They
It looks like this product lets you use skin pods and hair pods. I’m intrigued by the LED feature. I’m going to give this product a try. My hair could use TLC 🙃

ETA: I got it, of course, on Amazon where it’s fifty bucks cheaper 🙄🙈

I think the link didn't work as I'm in Ireland and it didn't auto direct! I definitely want this device, was only thinking recently I'd love a hair device. And the former CEO of Foreo is involved in that company!

Reactions: 2
I just picked up the rest of the Foreo tools that I was eyeing. They’re doing a discount sale on the US Foreo website with gifts. Kind of hard to say no to that lol. I hope I’m done picking up tools for the time being though droplette does sound intriguing. I love how this thread has made me do a 180 😂 My skin is looking the best it ever has thanks to this thread 😊💗💞💕

6F4A9124-4EFC-48F0-A5FF-61C755FD5EBA.png

• Heart
So sorry if this has already been answered; I've tried to look through to not much avail... Is there a recommended or perhaps optimum age for the NuFace? I'm about to turn 30 and really like the look of the nuface, but not sure if I'm a bit early for it? I don't have any huge concerns at the moment, but a droopy neck definitely runs in my family, so I'm keen to be ahead of the curve...prevention is better than cure and all that! But don't want to spend the money if for the time being it's a bit pointless?

So sorry if this has already been answered; I've tried to look through to not much avail... Is there a recommended or perhaps optimum age for the NuFace? I'm about to turn 30 and really like the look of the nuface, but not sure if I'm a bit early for it? I don't have any huge concerns at the moment, but a droopy neck definitely runs in my family, so I'm keen to be ahead of the curve...prevention is better than cure and all that! But don't want to spend the money if for the time being it's a bit pointless?
Personally, I do think it would be a bit pointless at this age. I know aging varies hugely between people but I didn't have any loss of tone in my face or neck until I was in my 50s. At this age, I'd say just focus on good skincare, including of course using suncreen and keeping your face (and neck and chest) out of the sun. Apart from anything else, in 10, 15 years time there'll be even better cosmetic devices around to help you to keep looking your best.

Reactions: 4
Really interesting question. What age is everyone roughly? And when did you start to take skincare seriously? And did you wish you had started earlier? I’m early forties, started in my late thirties. Not super regimental but deifnitely dip into using my ufo and luma. I have good face tone (and good genes tbh) but I’m beginning to feel bad about my neck! And last one… anyone have any good preventable neck advice for me? 🙏

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.