Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it a subscription then? Might be better to just buy the device and then stock up as and when
I might be wrong but it seems to me like you're just signing up to their mailing list.

Yeah it says you'll be signing up to their mailing list and can unsubscribe anytime

Reactions: 3
I might be wrong but it seems to me like you're just signing up to their mailing list.

Yeah it says you'll be signing up to their mailing list and can unsubscribe anytime
Yes, I think you’re right. So I filled in the hair one and it’s £77 for the 3 pods and free device. Sitting in my cart. Think I’ll just leave it there and think on it. Talk about an impulse buy 😂 My birthday is coming up so I might see if my husband wants to buy me an early present…

Reactions: 2
So QVC UK have the UFO and 38 masks for £140. That seems like a really good deal. Any opinions?

Reactions: 4
Bit late now but I'm almost forty. I've always had a good skincare regime, and started using anti ageing products from about 30. I probably wouldn't have been as religious about the gadgets as I am now when I was in my early thirties. People have always complemented me on my skin, and whilst I definitely think the attention I pay helps, I do think it is partly genetic as my both sets of grandparents looked younger than they were, as do my parents. I've had botox in the past, and I will again in the future, although with my current Nuface/LED mask routine, I actually don't feel the need right now. I'd really like to get a blepharoplasty done at some point and am starting to research surgeons.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Bit late now but I'm almost forty. I've always had a good skincare regime, and started using anti ageing products from about 30. I probably wouldn't have been as religious about the gadgets as I am now when I was in my early thirties. People have always complemented me on my skin, and whilst I definitely think the attention I pay helps, I do think it is partly genetic as my both sets of grandparents looked younger than they were, as do my parents. I've had botox in the past, and I will again in the future, although with my current Nuface/LED mask routine, I actually don't feel the need right now. I'd really like to get a blepharoplasty done at some point and am starting to research surgeons.
Olivia Falcon - on Instagram as Theeditorslist - recently had a blepharoplasty and did a diary on IG about it (still on her IG). Her surgeon, Naresh Joshi, looks like someone worth considering. Her diary follows what it was like immediately afterwards, the following days etc. The results looked great.

I wonder if anyone would indulge me, as I know I should read the whole of both threads. Could anyone say what the consensus for the best device for improving the appearance of jowls would be please?
In terms of devices, the main one that I think can help a bit with jowls is the NuFace (or other micro-current device). It works by stimulating the muscles to firm the face a little. I wouldn't say results were dramatic but I do find it worth using. Have to use it really consistently.

There are also radio-frequency home-use devices (e.g. Newa, Sensilift) which claim to tighten skin but I've no personal experience of those.

Alice Hart-Davis's website - thetweakmentsguide.com - has a video and fact sheet about options for improving the appearance of jowls.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I have it all in my basket 😂 1 hair pod and 3 skin ones so…. Likely! Does everyone know anymore about them? I’d never heard of them and now I’m feeling all buy, buy, buy!

But I also want a bear 🤪😬

I have it all in my basket 😂 1 hair pod and 3 skin ones so…. Likely! Does everyone know anymore about them? I’d never heard of them and now I’m feeling all buy, buy, buy!
Haha, me too. I’m so embarrassed with myself.
I’ve become my mum going on about sales 🙈 My routine was stuck in the Neolithic era and so now I’m getting carried away.

• Heart
Still in my basket too. I’m going to sleep on it and see if I still want it tomorrow - bet I do 😂

• Haha
I've made my mind up and definitely want it after researching it today but it's just a question of when!

There's an American esthetician youtuber called Cassandra Binkson, she's very full on but also open and honest about what she doesn't like, she did a video about the Reduit (not the Uni but one specifically for skin) and the device @Aude mentioned and likes them both. I can't justify the expensive one but I think the Uni is a lot easier to justify

Although now that I think of it I'm pretty sure she said she used a hair treatment and liked how it made her curls look. I skim watched it as I generally have no patience with youtube videos

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I liked the hair demonstration video a whole lot. The results looked good. I use leave in conditioner and the spray head is finicky. I’m never sure how much actually makes it on my hair. I would like to be able to put my products into the tool.

ETA: Just to be clear I’m saying I’d like to 🙃 no idea so far if it’s possible.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Talking of new devices, any thoughts on Droplette https://droplette.io/ ?

Might only be available in the US at the moment.
Yes I’ve been intrigued by this. I wonder about the waste involved given the little individual packets?

I’m 30 in a few months, and have been in to skincare since my late teens. I have used spf and other forms of sun protection my whole life. Growing up in Australia the 90s and early 2000s there was a huge sun safety push and lots of public campaigns etc. We weren’t allowed to play outside at break without a hat on in primary school (‘No hat, No play’), and there were massive pump bottles of SPF in every classroom. My parents had me wearing a rash top and hat as well as SPF for sun protection whenever we went to the beach etc.

I’ve only started using devices since the pandemic really. I was looking for ways to treat myself during a difficult time, and also make up some of the beauty treatments I was missing out on not being able to visit a beauty Salon or clinic.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.