Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I started using it in my 30s and I didn't have any loss of tone, I just wanted to maintain things. I still benefited from it and it definitely helped define my cheekbones so I disagree that it's pointless for those in their 30s!

Really interesting question. What age is everyone roughly? And when did you start to take skincare seriously? And did you wish you had started earlier? I’m early forties, started in my late thirties. Not super regimental but deifnitely dip into using my ufo and luma. I have good face tone (and good genes tbh) but I’m beginning to feel bad about my neck! And last one… anyone have any good preventable neck advice for me? 🙏
I'm in my 30s and have always loved skincare but I started using devices like the Nuface and UFO around 2.5 years ago

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Really interesting question. What age is everyone roughly? And when did you start to take skincare seriously? And did you wish you had started earlier? I’m early forties, started in my late thirties. Not super regimental but deifnitely dip into using my ufo and luma. I have good face tone (and good genes tbh) but I’m beginning to feel bad about my neck! And last one… anyone have any good preventable neck advice for me? 🙏
I'm nearly 70 (always feel surprised saying that) and took skincare seriously from my very early teens. I know I'm unusual in that regard. I just had the horror of getting to look the way women looked at 40 (or even 30) in those days. There were no great older women role models as there are today.

I always kept up with the latest information about skincare including, crucially, the information about the link between UV and skin aging. I have a clear memory of buying my first sunscreen in Boots when I was about 14 and all that was available was a thick white cream, kept behind the counter in the pharmacy section, for people who had a medical allergy to sun. Also countless memories of sitting around the pool with friends and being the only one wearing sunscreen and a hat. I'm always surprised when beauty journalist like Nadine Baggot say they didn't know until the 1980s or 90s that the sun caused visible skin aging. In knew in the 1960s. And, yes, I do feel smug about it!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Amazing @Aude I really enjoyed reading that! Who do you follow for skin care advice now?
HotandFlashy (Angie) is the only person I've kept up with regularly over the past couple of years although I dip into quite a wide range of other social and mainstream media content. I follow Angie because I think her advice is evidence-based - either based on scientific studies or on having thoroughly tested the product/device herself. And, unlike so many others, she's prepared to say when a product/device/procedure doesn't live up to its claims.

I think Alice Hart-Davis is knowledgeable about cosmetic devices and procedures and keeps up to date with developments. In fact, my interest these days is more in devices and procedures than it is in creams and serums (not that I think those are unimportant but I'm not sure there's going to be anything better than what I already use (tretinoin, vit C, peptides, sunscreen)).

I also of course follow the discussion here!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I wonder if anyone would indulge me, as I know I should read the whole of both threads. Could anyone say what the consensus for the best device for improving the appearance of jowls would be please?

I'm mid 30s been into skincare for the last 7 or 8 years but only started looking into devices last year. Was given a NuFace for Christmas and have bought the CurrentBody LED mask, UFO2, Sensica Sensilift and NuFace fix this year 🙈 also bought the Espada but got a fantastic deal on that and most of the others too.

Started getting into skincare following Caroline Hirons and have been following Thisgirlloves2shop and Fiona50slife (think those are their handles) on Instagram. They are microinfluencers and use devices.

I'm really good at using my LED mask as I do it in the morning and just chill out for 10 minutes but have gone off the boil with my other products the last couple of months due to stress at work and a bereavement. Trying to get back into a routine.

For Me the NuFace was more preventative as I only see a slight difference after using the device. I like the UFO2 as a treatment and will probably use it more again now its getting colder.

Reactions: 6
Having done some research I think I'll go for the Reduit Uni. That works for both skincare and haircare pods

This review has sold the Uni for me, particularly where the author mentions that the Uni works so efficiently that it's better to get that and save money for the pods

"If you want to treat yourself to an even more stylish device, there is a range to choose from. Entry level starts with the Uni and top of the range is the Réduit Spa Gold which is created using premium materials for professional treatments. In my opinion, the Uni works so efficiently that I would spend my money on Smartpods instead. And don’t worry about how to dispose of the Smartpods, Réduit has thought of that as well. Simply return the pods for recycling and exchange for a free product."

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I’m 48 and have always tried to look after my skin, think I got that from my Mam. I used to spend a lot more money on creams etc than I do these days, and the last year or so (after discovering this thread) I’ve bought a couple of skincare devices.

I’ve got a ufo and a luna and I love them both.

I used to follow Caroline Hirons for skincare advice, but gave up on her a while ago. Now I don’t follow anyone specifically as I think I’ve found what works for my skin - keeping it simple. Basic cleanse and moisture, tretinoin at night. An occasional treatment or serum thrown in when needed or I feel like it.

Reactions: 5
@Shineyshine my mums advice was super basic skincare, less is more. And don’t take your face! 😂 Both you and @Aude use tretinoin. I don’t know what that is… I’ll have to look it up

@SqualorVictoria yes look forward to hearing. Am still dithering over the bear slash waiting for Black Friday

Has anyone tried skinceuticals? Is it the holy grail?

I was just coming to ask about that! I’ve done the quiz now they say my free uni is waiting for me they just want my email address… what do I do???

I'm not sure, I'm on the checkout page and I've read the t&cs... I'm terrified I'm going to end up signing up for some pod subscription service 😂😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.