Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I’ve been intrigued by this. I wonder about the waste involved given the little individual packets?

I’m 30 in a few months, and have been in to skincare since my late teens. I have used spf and other forms of sun protection my whole life. Growing up in Australia the 90s and early 2000s there was a huge sun safety push and lots of public campaigns etc. We weren’t allowed to play outside at break without a hat on in primary school (‘No hat, No play’), and there were massive pump bottles of SPF in every classroom. My parents had me wearing a rash top and hat as well as SPF for sun protection whenever we went to the beach etc.

I’ve only started using devices since the pandemic really. I was looking for ways to treat myself during a difficult time, and also make up some of the beauty treatments I was missing out on not being able to visit a beauty Salon or clinic.
Yes! No Hat, no play! That’s what kept me on the SPF train throughout my teens and now my 20s! The exact same experience of growing up in Australia with the top and hat for the beach and the school having its own sunscreen too 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Yes! No Hat, no play! That’s what kept me on the SPF train throughout my teens and now my 20s! The exact same experience of growing up in Australia with the top and hat for the beach and the school having its own sunscreen too 😂
haha yes! I love that anyone else growing up at the same time in Aus had the same experience 😂

So having finally begun using the UFO more, last night it wouldn't heat up :(
Oh this is annoying! Where did you buy it from? Maybe its in warranty still?
(and is there any troubleshooting info on the Foreo website maybe?)

Reactions: 2
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? That's worked for me a couple of times.

If you want the UFO and not the UFO 2 it’s a great sale.
I've made my mind up and definitely want it after researching it today but it's just a question of when!

There's an American esthetician youtuber called Cassandra Binkson, she's very full on but also open and honest about what she doesn't like, she did a video about the Reduit (not the Uni but one specifically for skin) and the device @Aude mentioned and likes them both. I can't justify the expensive one but I think the Uni is a lot easier to justify

Although now that I think of it I'm pretty sure she said she used a hair treatment and liked how it made her curls look. I skim watched it as I generally have no patience with youtube videos
ohh which product for curls please?

Oops her name is Cassandra Bankson, not Binkson!

She mentions using the hair pod around 18.43, she said it made her hair 'hella shiny' and made her curls look manageable

haha yes! I love that anyone else growing up at the same time in Aus had the same experience 😂

Oh this is annoying! Where did you buy it from? Maybe its in warranty still?
(and is there any troubleshooting info on the Foreo website maybe?)
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? That's worked for me a couple of times.
It was from Current Body and people have said that they are good when things go wrong so fingers crossed, although I will try the tip about uninstalling and reinstalling the app now.

Thanks for posting the video @SqualorVictoria really helpful! I tried to look her up as binkson. I don’t love videos, i speed watched that one 😂 but I enjoyed it! I’m now on the fence again 😂😬 after being fully ready to pull the trigger on my cart.

Just to redeem myself, I do wear spf all through summer! Winter is so lousy here (I check the UV report) and I don’t like overloading my skin with some many products all year round so I have to admit I take a break in winter but I’ll maybe revisit that! Thanks guys

Oh and no new name ideas, sorry. How about beyond beyond skincare?!

I'm happy with the title as it makes it's clear it's not just a thread to ask about retinols on. Poor grammar, sorry!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm happy with the title as it makes it's clear it's not just a thread to ask about retinols on. Poor grammar, sorry!
I'm happy with the title too. Though when I'd suggested 'beauty devices and procedures' I'd meant to say 'cosmetic devices and procedures'. I'd be happy with either 'beauty' or 'cosmetic'.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.