Ashley James #23 Now that I have baby Thumb, sorry Alf the iPad is your Mum.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Michael Crunchy Curls in the houseeeee ✌🏼😂

She’s washed her hair once whilst she’s been there. Definition of lazy when she’s had a tonne of help with the kids! Fab Dyson influencer too. #SoShitAtHerJob
---
Yeah, I’m guessing Alf was a right tear away at 5 weeks old. Especially on flights in lockdown. All that white noise to help them sleep. Alf the unruly newborn.

bleep. Well done Alf 💙
Even the baby looks like she bleeping hates her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She just didn’t have an epidural - but she’s said before that she refused an examination to check dilation. And as anyone who has ever been in that situation knows, you won’t be given an epidural before 5cm dilated, or if you’re about to deliver (which IIRC she was).
I don’t know if it was because I was induced due to waters going but Tbf was given an epidural before I was even 2cm.

Anyway, I also did a deep dive on her insta the other day and she talks about Mum guilt in her maltesers ad. Oddly though she’s implying she has it by talking about the juggle and guilt, but never actually says she does or doesn’t. Wasn’t such a super power then!
Also spotted a post about Alf and Snoop being “best friends” and so much about not shrinking yourself or just being eye candy but is obsessed with Ada being dainty and tiny.
How has she forgotten how quickly things change with tiny ones?!

Mine too took a bottle from birth then refused from maybe 3 months and never took one again.

Reactions: 7
That latest ad really fucks me off. Alf is not interested in paw patrol, he never has been. She’s never shown it to him, and never played with any toys like that with him. She’s pushed him to play with dolls because she’s so cool and not like other mums. My little boy loves paw patrol and all the little vehicles you can now buy. We’ve been collecting them up over recent months and he plays with them all the time, creating traffic jams, swapping dogs with different vehicles. Nothing annoys me more seeing a narc like her who has no financial struggles being gifted the entire set. I dislike her. I hate everything she claims to stand for.

Reactions: 25
This is so sad. Who the duck approved this Ad? That’s disgusting!!!

“He plays away from his baby sister who I hope one day he loves just as much as Chase”.
My god, she’s vile.

I’m just going to post that section here to make sure it’s seen.

2A4EE4EB-6698-4735-BD9C-0B95E738FDE9.jpeg

Told by who?!

That’s bleeping horrific.

(And I thought she didn’t feel any guilt?)

Reactions: 16
That 10 minutes a day bullshit has come from her head. No parent thinks or advises that. And if they do, they shouldn’t have kids.

I genuinely feel like emailing Smyths!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yeah I thought she doesn’t feel guilt? OH MY GOD she makes me so mad!! She’s literally just an advertising board, there is nothing genuine about her - everything is just about making money.

Reactions: 12
That 10 minutes a day bullshit has come from her head. No parent thinks or advises that. And if they do, they shouldn’t have kids.
She manages much more tho! Does she duck! Lying in bed the other day heard Alf screaming and rolled her eyes, then continued chatting shite into her phone. 🤥

Reactions: 14
That latest ad really fucks me off. Alf is not interested in paw patrol, he never has been. She’s never shown it to him, and never played with any toys like that with him. She’s pushed him to play with dolls because she’s so cool and not like other mums. My little boy loves paw patrol and all the little vehicles you can now buy. We’ve been collecting them up over recent months and he plays with them all the time, creating traffic jams, swapping dogs with different vehicles. Nothing annoys me more seeing a narc like her who has no financial struggles being gifted the entire set. I dislike her. I hate everything she claims to stand for.
Alf goes to one party and meets one of the characters once - now he’s “obsessed” 🙄 Yeah bleeping right. More like she’s jumped on it for monetary gain like everything else. She can’t even pronounce it properly the insufferable twit.

Reactions: 17
Pa-Troh-ler 🤣🤣 thought she had a northern accent! Made that speech about baby ad “oh she needs to feed” no sign of Alf anywhere apart from the prerecorded

Reactions: 9
Pa-Troh-ler 🤣🤣 thought she had a northern accent! Made that speech about baby ad “oh she needs to feed” no sign of Alf anywhere apart from the prerecorded
“Mum of 2 life multitasking” with Alf no where in sight. Ok hun 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This is so sad. Who the duck approved this Ad? That’s disgusting!!!

“He plays away from his baby sister who I hope one day he loves just as much as Chase”.
My god, she’s vile.
“That’s all they need to be happy” who the duck told her that? A childless sociopath?
Why would anyone actually believe your child only needs 10 minutes of your attention a day!! There’s 24 hours in a day. She spends 15 mins near him while he watches his iPad and calls herself an excellent mum. Unbelievable!

Reactions: 20
The ad declaration is hidden and wouldn’t meet ASA rules
Can’t sit on the floor in the airport to feed, but no problem sitting here to do an Advertisement.
Took Chase to France, yet there’s no sign of him having it there. That’s how “OBSESSED” he is with it. 💩 💩 💩

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
10 minutes... 10 minutes! I think this one of the most harmful things she's said!

Firstly, what is the source? If you're going to tell people that 10 minutes' worth of interaction with your child is enough in a day, where on earth did you learn that from? I'll bet my last pound that it's not from anybody reputable - maybe another podcast mum who relies solely on her ✨instinct✨

Secondly, I speak from experience in a professional sense when I say that the consequences of minimal interaction with a child are vast - poor communication and language skills, difficulties regulating emotionally, attachment worries and anxiety... the list is endless. Alongside feeding, sleep and toileting support, the authority I work in have absolutely prioritised interaction as something to support families with.

Does she not realise that she has had children who will grow up to be fully-fledged members of society!? She has a moral responsibility to make sure her children are as secure and develop as well as she possibly can because she is their parent!

Sometimes it goes wrong, sometimes parents will struggle but 99% give their best. 10 minutes as a baseline is not anyone's best. I interact with my cat more than that and I work 14 hour days!

Parents will struggle more if they listen to her crappy advice. The thought of the world being run by the children of these influencer mums is scary...

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Attachment parenting but you only need to spend 10 minutes a day with your child 😂😂

She would have been better off getting a tamogachi.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I think she’s got it from this, but as usual she’s not quite grasped the idea behind it. It’s supposed to be 10 minutes of time just for you and one child, so especially good for when a new sibling has arrived. You give them your undivided attention for a set amount of time to play or do a fun activity of their choice. It’s supposed to be in addition to the other time you spend with them, not just 10 minutes of attention all day!
C864AA51-FB06-47FF-8B19-90D5D6C86D08.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Yes I have heard the 10 minute rule. She’s got it totally wrong. It means 10 minutes sitting with them, face to face, listening, responding, playing, following their every lead and move. Just zero distraction. No tv/other people/distractions/cooking cleaning etc. just you and them 1:1. You do still need to be around you child longer than 10 minutes a day I’m afraid Ashley 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.