Ashley James #23 Now that I have baby Thumb, sorry Alf the iPad is your Mum.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor Alf. Away the best part of 2 weeks, long day yesterday, home late, then strapped into the car this morning to be strapped into the pushchair.

6862E4C2-A21D-41C3-8D88-2F843F9B3F9E.jpeg

No tit. Toddler travels better if toddler hasn’t spent entire day restrained and not able to burn off any energy or use their brain.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I can’t believe they took him to a soft play next to one of the biggest and nicest parks in the country?! They’re so weird!!
Also that pram is really really ugly

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She uses soft play because it means she doesn't have to parent, especially if she has TNB with her - she's going to be busy feeding the golden child so can't possibly interact with Alf.
I really wonder how she would manage if she didn't have the money to pay for entertainment, would she even think about a run around in a park to get some energy burnt?

Reactions: 15
She uses soft play because it means she doesn't have to parent, especially if she has TNB with her - she's going to be busy feeding the golden child so can't possibly interact with Alf.
I really wonder how she would manage if she didn't have the money to pay for entertainment, would she even think about a run around in a park to get some energy burnt?
She’s scared of Alf being ‘in the wild’ too I think. What if someone sees him not being insta perfect.

Reactions: 8
She takes Alf “to have his fun” not because it’s nice for him to enjoy the day but because it makes him sleep better and fuss less in the car. Ultimately, it’s better for her this way (and yes she can sit back and watch)

Reactions: 15
Poor Alf. Away the best part of 2 weeks, long day yesterday, home late, then strapped into the car this morning to be strapped into the pushchair.

View attachment 2102501

No tit. Toddler travels better if toddler hasn’t spent entire day restrained and not able to burn off any energy or use their brain.
After a disruptive day of traveling the day before and then late to bed , wouldn't you want to just spend the day chilling at home? And playing with his paw patrol toys
but then that would mean she'd actually have to interact with her son
#poorAlf
🙄😔

Reactions: 12
With my second the only time I really held him was when my eldest was at preschool as I was busy with the older child, doing housework, cooking, cleaning. Maybe trash could give the golden child to nnb or tnb or put her down whilst she plays with her least favourite

Hilly??? Hilly??? It’s Windsor not York you eejit. And also so bloody what if it’s a bit hilly?! What would be the issue?!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
With my second the only time I really held him was when my eldest was at preschool as I was busy with the older child, doing housework, cooking, cleaning. Maybe trash could give the golden child to nnb or tnb or put her down whilst she plays with her least favourite
God no, Baby Ad is her armour against having to be near the boy child.

Reactions: 7
So weird to not go to Windsor castle because it’s ‘hilly’ when alf, who is fast approaching 2 and a half could just run about, but they go to a depressing indoor soft play instead
They are so depressing. She doesn’t try anything new and it’s the reason alf is delayed. Gruffalo trail, library bit only to read ‘that’s not my…’ books and soft play … and repeat.

Reactions: 17
She already has him scheduled in for 10 minutes a day before bed time....what more do you expect from her?

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Alf is just an inconvenience to her at this point. We know when baby ad is 2 she’ll be doing all the fun kid stuff tho! They’ll be at somewhere different every week so she can run around and explore!

Reactions: 10
10 minutes... 10 minutes! I think this one of the most harmful things she's said!

Firstly, what is the source? If you're going to tell people that 10 minutes' worth of interaction with your child is enough in a day, where on earth did you learn that from? I'll bet my last pound that it's not from anybody reputable - maybe another podcast mum who relies solely on her ✨instinct✨

Secondly, I speak from experience in a professional sense when I say that the consequences of minimal interaction with a child are vast - poor communication and language skills, difficulties regulating emotionally, attachment worries and anxiety... the list is endless. Alongside feeding, sleep and toileting support, the authority I work in have absolutely prioritised interaction as something to support families with.

Does she not realise that she has had children who will grow up to be fully-fledged members of society!? She has a moral responsibility to make sure her children are as secure and develop as well as she possibly can because she is their parent!

Sometimes it goes wrong, sometimes parents will struggle but 99% give their best. 10 minutes as a baseline is not anyone's best. I interact with my cat more than that and I work 14 hour days!

Parents will struggle more if they listen to her crappy advice. The thought of the world being run by the children of these influencer mums is scary...
Erm...think you'll find the source is from French data from 2670 to 1830......

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The Long Walk is perfect for a toddler who isn’t very stable on his feet.

Yes the far end is hilly has an incline up to the copper horse, but you just wouldn’t go up there with a young child. It’s too far anyway.
You’d stay between the castle and the next road (yellow line) which is under a mile, or the gates further on (red line) which are 1.5 miles from the castle.

C61724EA-45E4-4D11-AB4B-FD68FD2F10D4.jpeg

17F04BF1-7E7C-44FE-8737-80E3CD0D8480.jpeg

Anyone else who can’t wait for alf to drop his nap?
Or am I the only witch in the room?? 😂 hopefully it’s perfectly timed for when baby Ad is getting fussier around 4/5 months.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Speak to any parent… soft play is for winter/tit weather days only. You pay £30 or so for your kid to end up with Norovirus. Who wants to sit inside on a nice day where it’s stuffy?

Why would you want to take your newborn around dirt germs when they could just enjoy fresh air? Pair of weirdos. They literally have no bleeping idea how to entertain Alf. So sad they have to Google the nearest softplay if they visit a different area. WEIRD!
---
I feel like she’s even worse than before, and I didn’t think that was possible.
She’s an absolute bleeping horror.

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.