Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hot_Dogs_Or_Toes

Chatty Member
This girl seems to be just obsessed with sex and brings it up at nearly every opportunity in her videos I don't get it. Even in the most non-sexual moments e.g. her video assembling furniture for her apartment and she starts talking about how slotting a cabinet thing together is what it must be like for men when they're, and I quote her: 'trying to find the vagina hole in the dark' and musing on about whether she has a mysteriously placed vagina because guys have to 'rummage' around when trying to get it in her. I mean talk about a tenuous link lol I think she literally just shoves something sexual in to every video just for the sake of it.

Also, has anyone else noticed that she heavily plays on the foot fetish thing. Nearly ALL her videos she is bare foot and really obviously in shot. The video I mention about is called 'Building a shelf with my toes'. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against foot fetish, I quite like feet myself but this along with her constant sex references are just way too strange in my view.

Is it just me that thinks all this about her?

• Sick
Reactions: 4

sephylily

VIP Member
it frustrates me how awful her style is nowadays because i'd love it if she made videos on outfits like she did her old ones. they were groundbreaking at the time.

blue_bird

Anyone know of similar vloggers? I know there are a million copycats but no one I've come across is as good as peak Ashley in LA.

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
I agree. The pink side is too peachy and close to her skin tone. I think a cool platinum blonde, or even a silvery purple would look amazing with her yellow undertones.
100% even going to a light grey would look great.

She has the e-girl hair but not the e-girl dress sense which is creating a bit of dissonance.

blue_bird

It's this one:

I don't know, there's practicing your jokes and then there's this where it looked like she was close to tears because she couldn't get it right.

BlueCoffee

I wonder what she actually does all day now.. She always said she spent most of her time planning and making Videos. But she doesn’t really post on Insta much or Tiktok either, like does she have “something big” shes working on in private? What the fuck do you do all day if you just sporadically post semi-bad outfits.. I thought she wanted to be in fashion or something and honestly thought maybe thats what she was working on instead of Youtube but now I don’t think so.

Reactions: 3

sephylily

VIP Member
the bestdressed sub is HILARIOUS. there are so many people desperately falling over themselves to defend her. likeeee she's a youtuber who clearly doesn't give a fuck about you seeing as she hasn't uploaded a video in 3 months and hasn't managed to explain why but continues to upload ads and pics of her fugly boyfriend.

LYRA234

I only just thought of this, but does anyone else think all the Twitter drama around Lindsey Ellis being “cancelled” a few months back perfectly paralleled Ashley’s megafans’ meltdowns. Like same thing, a public figure has some people disagree with them / receives some pushback about their actions, and suddenly everyone is freaking out abt being cancelled and cancel culture going too far and so on so on, when literally nothing was ever that deep.

In Lindsey’s case it was perhaps just more embarrassing bc she was the one calling herself cancelled first, in Ashley’s case it was just her teeny bopper fans losing it. And in both cases you still can’t comment on it today without people coming to remind you how they were Literally Crucified By The Internet Mob because like, some people didn’t like them.

On another topic, Ashley’s fashion sense is disturbingly bad now. Like, so so unbelievably bad. I also found it funny how she admitted in her post on the 20th that she was dressing for the male gaze before (still is but whatever lol), because her megafans would freak out when people suggested that.

Lmao on the Male gaze she was like I'm not dressing for that anymore then posted a bra less sexualised blazer photo, yea fuck off Ashley, do you even believe yourself?

farewelltulip

Also relatedly, I saw a tweet today that was like “breadtubers will make a 2 hour video about cancel culture instead of just reading a book” and it’s so true. Like with Ashley for example, everyone acts like anybody who has criticisms of a public figure’s behavior is now a rabid proponent of cancel culture intent on blasting them off the Internet forever. People just thought some stuff she said/did was concerning and damaging. I miss when you could just remark on someone’s questionable behavior without it sparking entire theses on cancel culture.

Yeah...she's still been posting on Instagram, just like usual and pretending like nothing is happening. All of the comments under her posts are asking where she is on YouTube and when is she coming back. I mean...doing this for six months and not addressing it or at least saying "I'm taking a break", like why?
That’s the wild thing for me — one sentence and she could have had everyone off her back months ago. As someone with anxiety, I can’t imagine having that looming over my head for so long.

On the other hand, the million comment questions from desperate fans boosts her ig engagement and makes her spon posts probably significantly more profitable. Im sure Ashley isn’t ignorant to this fact.

subrexic

atp idec about her coming back i'm just genuinely wondering what she does with her life when it's not sold out to instagram sponsors now? the irony of her appeal being that she was the "relatable middle class kid from a small maryland town who hit it big" and now nobody who isn't a nepotism kid/trust fund baby (elena t*ber, that guy who works at a tech startup but can live in the west village?) masquerading as an influencer has seen ashley out in public 🤭

edit: fixed typo

sephylily

VIP Member
Her instagram posts are just so lifeless now, it's almost concerning.
it's so erratic? and just odd. obviously we don't know the ins and outs of her relationships (and i didn't really like david) but did she not seem a lot better mentally when with david?

babygoats

I didnt even notice shes gone from youtube until now. I used to take inspiration from her vids but later i realized that her styling works ONLY for her body type. (Except for her tshirt jeans outfits) I remember her folding a headband/headscarf in half and tying on her chest as a top. Seriously??? Its not just the body type but also it wouldnt be possible to wear it many many places on earth even in parts of US. After i realized her suggestions are not realistic i also became aware of her "over quirkyness" and her making a sex reference in every 5 sentences thx to gg. Hope she finds a career she is more passionate about and successful at
Yes, the whole skinny thing is very annoying, nobody else can tuck in whole dresses and sweaters into other clothes like she did in every video, but her channel did inspire me to look at clothing with new eyes and look for what works for me in a way that nothing else ever did.

A lot of her tips and general aesthetic were genuinely great.

Where in the world is Ashley? Like, YouTube is your job, at least address what's going on. You have over a million subscribers who are BEGGING for new content.

sephylily

VIP Member
Ahhh I miss her channel, I have never really understood all the criticism she got…. I’ll have a read through all the earlier posts
I understand the criticism but I really liked her older videos so it makes me sad that she doesn’t do them anymore

Vagabonde

She's moving again. Apparently it's because she has a stalker but I fee like she can't settle anywhere for too long. She looks depressed no matter where she lives.

Reactions: 2
Ashley brought her friend Elena to the GG Premiere and you can see Ashley in the vlog in a couple of shots

I wonder how Ashley’s friends feel. They’re all career youtubers but she’s effectively acting like she’s too cool for that club. It feels like a matter of time before she swaps them out for fashion industry friends and acts like they never existed.

rhil

She has all this money, opportunities at her finger tips, yet her life seems so empty and sad. More proof (if it was ever needed) that money doesn’t buy true happiness.
Couldn't agree more, she seems very detached from reality and real people. She seems talented at sewing and fashion design though, maybe she should pursue that. I would like to see her back on Youtube too.