Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dalmatirox

Chatty Member
wait WHAT??? I had completely missed this.
Yeah on one of the old gossip sites the main criticisms was her pretending to be poor despite her wealth, fake sustainability (and the amazon video), pick me attitude and there was also screenshots of a depop account in her real name selling PR packages of makeup and perfume etc

It blew up around the time she took a step back from videos during the pandemic and then she left the platform.

Pretty mild criticism in comparison that she probably could've got a way with never addressing tbh she had a lot of major stans.

Reactions: 2

rhil

So glad i found this thread! Looks like she hasn't uploaded a video in 5 months now...bit weird since i thought that was her job, surely 1 video a month wouldn't be too hard? I agree she has said some weird stuff, but I think people expect way more from influencers than they should. I personally just want to see their niche content, i dont care about their political opinions etc. Hopefully she is using this time off to care for her mental health.

Does anyone have recommendations of people to watch that have content like Ashley's?
If you liked Ashley’s home makeover content, I’d recommend Rachel Metz! She is super chill and a little more mature than Ashley in terms of mindset. For aesthetic apartment living and lifestyle content, I love abetweene!

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
The split dye Melanie Martinez doesn't look good on her, especially with the pink dye. Would look marginally better if it was just blonde/white.

sephylily

VIP Member
i miss her old hair and her old style lol i think she's trying to go for an e girl look to 'keep up with the kids'

Styling-wise, I think the white dresses sort of wash her out, especially with the split-dye. I wonder if she will dye it back now that the cruella movie is popular?

Her father being British doesn't make him not an immigrant. If he has emigrated permanently from the UK, he is an immigrant. You're not an expat just because you come from a first world country.
It’s not that he is British if you actually read my comment, it’s that she holds dual non-us citizenship via her father. If he emigrated, he would have had to renounce his former (British) citizenship, and likely wouldn’t have been able to pass it on to her whether British or any other country. Obviously there are other situational outliers, like if he was naturalized after her birth which is why I included “likely” in my original comment. Being british has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

BlueCoffee

Ashley’s interview 17:36

Overall a job well done, even though she came across very jittery and nervous. It would have been the actual perfect time to introduce herself as her real name since she is clearly moving on to the next chapter.
Yeah I agree, also quite happy for her that she bagged quite a big deal gig- its right up her street! I wonder if she’s vlogged the experience or something, if she planned on uploading again it would have been a good one for it. Probably wishful thinking lol. Also I know its just personal opinion and a bit nitpicky but man the white/pink hair thing really doesn’t work..

She is in the trailer for a Hulu film called 'not okay' as herself in a youtube video yet she hasnt made one in nearly 2 years....

its weird that she still wants the same clout that she had at her peak but can't be bothered to do stuff anymore

They also have that annoying guy with a movie camera tiktoker in the trailer so the talent bar was clearly very high !
She's never coming back at this rate

bublifuk

The IG account DressLikeBestDressed commented about her usage of disassociation for a caption, and they got SO much abuse from her stans.

It was really incredible to see them blindly hating when they made a pretty valid and polite comment
her minions got their heads so far up her ass, it's crazy!

do you think she'll come back to youtube full time? seems to me that she's pretty much over it now (or rather ever since she moved to NY tbh). obviously she's now bigger than ever numbers-wise, but her momentum is kinda gone if anyone gets what i mean? lol

subrexic

sorry, i'm new and don't know how to delete/edit posts 🙃 edit to my last msg: *by herself. so strange how she thinks she can survive on sponsored instagram posts forever

We are closing in on the 6 month mark! If she comes back do you think she will address her absence, or hit us with sponsored posts? I’m feeling like we could see a new apartment tour sponsored by function of beauty and just no explanation.

rhil

Where in the world is Ashley? Like, YouTube is your job, at least address what's going on. You have over a million subscribers who are BEGGING for new content.
Agree, she is lucky enough to have an online job, the least she could do is address her millions of followers. For me, it’s the same as not turning up at your job for 5 months. Judging by comments, people are pretty understanding about taking time out for her mental health, but she is kinda taking the piss now - if she can be open about her sex life, she can open about her feelings on YouTube

LYRA234

Ahhh I miss her channel, I have never really understood all the criticism she got…. I’ll have a read through all the earlier posts

sephylily

VIP Member
i've had a look at it before but i only saw the one where they all fangirled over her constantly. what's the drama?!
I’m curious to know (if i’m aloud to ask) if anyone here is part of the reddit sub? Theres now three. The old one that hasn’t been used in a year, the most popular one which is now being locked cause of all the drama, and a new one where you can share what you like (the popular one got locked cause her die hard fans can’t take any critic or criticism what so ever. Its snowflake central)