Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
100% even going to a light grey would look great.

She has the e-girl hair but not the e-girl dress sense which is creating a bit of dissonance.
Haha so true. I would like her aesthetic way more if she just committed and started wearing leather harnesses or something (which would look so good with all her miniskirts!) instead of dressing like a sexy Victorian baby doll.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Also just came back to add:

A lot of fur that is sold as “fox” is really raccoon fur! I like to think of Ashley unknowingly wearing raccoon fur and the souls of the little trash pandas haunting her.

• Haha

n8459

Chatty Member
I'm curious if anybody follows Ashley aka BestDressed?

I've followed her for a while and whilst I used to like her content, she's getting more and more unbearable and unhinged, especially since she moved to NYC

• She's from Maryland, claims to come from a 'working class immigrant family' (dad is a British University lecturer, mother is from Burma and I believe also works in education) and lived a very upper class life
  • Claims to be sustainable and thrifts a lot, but also accepts brand deals from fast fashion companies and Amazon Prime Wardrobe
  • Had a FWB fly from LA to NYC at the start of Covid so she had somebody to fuck
  • Constantly makes unnecessary sex jokes and seems to think having sex is a personality trait
  • Has a lot of internalised misogyny, criticises stay at home mothers and housewives
  • Has sold items she's been sent as PR gifts
This is my first time posting a thread, I hope I've done everything correctly!

BlueCoffee

I think the reason people are upset about her not saying if shes quit youtube, and basically ignoring them is because she always preached the “matey, awkward girl next door whos like a good mate” kinda vibe, like she was very open with them, but now kinda seems like the opposite- like shes become all she was against.
Personally I think she should address the YT thing ‘cause it’s getting weird and like people liked her videos and she made money from that, people feel invested ya know? As a lot of people on reddit said, if you stop turning up to work people are gonna ask questions and justifiably so.
Personally I lost interest in her pretty quick so don’t care anymore but do think its all a bit odd..

Also I totally agree with you about her fashion, I feel like its taken a swift turn to the quirky weird side of fashion now.. Very few of her outfits hit the mark for me

n8459

Chatty Member
she's now the literal opposite of the 'first generation child of immigrant parents from a small rural town' image she used to portray, who escaped to the big city to attend ucla and flourished and lived in all these cramped poverty conditions because she was so relatable you guys!
she doesnt give a fuck about the image she used to portray which made her initially famous

DAMNIT she's wearing a FOX FUR COAT... WHY!!! So many influencers have worn this exact coat I hate them all so much T_T
All the girls in the comments saying how awesome she looks with a dead fox, such bad infuence.
"Trim: 100% dyed fox fur"

View attachment 856399View attachment 856401
Yeah that’s atrocious. She is advertising an unsustainable, cruel, $1777.28 American, tacky excuse for a coat. This is fucked up on so many levels, and only serves to affirm my beliefs that Ashley had no moral compass to begin with, and only raged against capitalism because she was on the bottom end of it at the time. Her amazon partnership was her most authentic version of herself, and she withdrew from her YouTube channel because she could no longer deign to appeal to the great unwashed.

Also just in general, this outfit is bad. The Gucci tights, Gucci bag, couch skirt, pepto bismol sweater, and skins of anally electrocuted foxes just *arent* doing it for me. If you’re going to offend peta, at least do it in style.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ahhh I miss her channel, I have never really understood all the criticism she got…. I’ll have a read through all the earlier posts
Agree, I liked her for the most part and never felt she did anything that ‘controversial’. The only thing about her that has actually annoyed me is not explaining her YouTube absence to her YouTube fans, as if they’re not the reason she is famous today.

Ebf123

Yay happy this thread has been made here. I did really love Ashley's style but the U.K. trip where she wasn't wearing any tights 😆 that just showed me that she can't dress - there's nothing more difficult than trying to look good and also dress practically for the wind and rain!

And yes to whoever compared her to rohini- she 100% has those kind of vibes!!!

BlueCoffee

honestly I would not be surprised if she had a sugar daddy.
It would actually explain so much, like how she has THAT much money. Influencing pays a lot but she doesnt DO that much of it lol

It really bothers me that shes credited as “bestdressed aka ashley - Youtuber” for her clip in that new movie, which was filmed AFTER she quit YT. Like, girl, you can’t shun YT and pretend it never existed but then want to be credited as one when it suits her. She could have been credited as an influencer, which is what she is..

slamvs27

VIP Member
Yeah that’s atrocious. She is advertising an unsustainable, cruel, $1777.28 American, tacky excuse for a coat. This is fucked up on so many levels, and only serves to affirm my beliefs that Ashley had no moral compass to begin with, and only raged against capitalism because she was on the bottom end of it at the time. Her amazon partnership was her most authentic version of herself, and she withdrew from her YouTube channel because she could no longer deign to appeal to the great unwashed.

Also just in general, this outfit is bad. The Gucci tights, Gucci bag, couch skirt, pepto bismol sweater, and skins of anally electrocuted foxes just *arent* doing it for me. If you’re going to offend peta, at least do it in style.
She really became the rich capitalist she liked to make fun of and look down on. SMH.

babygoats

Netflix supposedly sent her out to Paris for the premiere of "Emily in Paris". Good for her, but I wonder what's in it for Netflix if she is no longer a full time influencer. Is insta clout really enough?

sephylily

VIP Member
she pisses me off so much because when she was doing youtube and she was doing it properly (whilst she was still at ucla) her outfits were great and her sense of style was great. she was really coordinated. now her style is horrific and she has 1 good outfit every 20 instagram posts. she also makes all her dresses stupidly short and it just looks dumb. i hate the constant sex references too like that's not what i'm here for.

farewelltulip

Ashley was recently seen in one of her friends' YT videos

Not related to the Ashley part, but man I have a lot of thoughts on this new “I don’t dream of labor” trend from YTers who don’t have to worry about making money. Like, you’re not special for not aspiring towards a successful career bc you don’t have to be financially anxious re: doing so. Katherout (the YTer who started this trend) has a very well-paying tech sales job that she’s not going to quit anytime soon, for example. Also, not everyone dreams of being successful just for the money. I work in a field that I’ll never make much money in but I have pride in the ~labor~ I carry out.

hollowcrown

Chatty Member

“The issue is she’s still selling lots of products, still posting sponsored ads and still benefiting off the huge audience she earned off of yt. She knows if she’s gives an explanation we’ll stop watching her posts as closely and probably lose a lot of us cuz of how long it took her. She’s a cheap creator now”

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Did anyone see she is doing some hbo gossip girl related work and ad posts? Ppl are saying she has a bad manager but I think the opposite — with sponsors like chopard and hbo.
She's doing well for herself honestly if she can make a living as an influencer having abandoned the actual "work" side of her work ie. making YouTube videos.

Remains to be seen if this is a sustainable way to continue things though.