Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
On her last insta post someone commented don't feel pressured to post. Bruh that's the point she clearly doesn't feel pressured to post because if she did she wouldn't just post whenever she's got an ad
She doesn't feel pressured to do ThredUp ads on her story!

• Haha
Reactions: 6

bunnys

That's what I mean. Her posts seem so vapid now. She could be mistaken for any other influencer, which really sucks considering her own personality was distinct enough to make her popular on YouTube. It seems ingenuine to only trot that personality out when she's doing a brand deal, and unfair to her audience to string them along and never give them an update on what they're here for.

I also don't know whether this was the best choice for her career. How long until people get tired of only getting Insta content and the brand deals dry up? I still like Ashley as a person but I'm disappointed.

They’re such a bland group
My opinion of Elena is just kind of mixed. She obviously has a knack for editing her aesthetically pleasing videos. However, she seems so out of touch with the real world, that she kind of suffers from the same issues as Ashley with her super-rich parents. Her videos on the apartments in NYC are fun to look at, however, none of these apartments are even marginally affordable for most looking to move to the city. She's fun to watch if I just don't really think about what she's doing/making.

Ashley made a few comments and was talking in Elena's Mexico City vlog.

ruiva22

It’s not that he is British if you actually read my comment, it’s that she holds dual non-us citizenship via her father. If he emigrated, he would have had to renounce his former (British) citizenship, and likely wouldn’t have been able to pass it on to her whether British or any other country. Obviously there are other situational outliers, like if he was naturalized after her birth which is why I included “likely” in my original comment. Being british has nothing to do with it.
Not really..

No one has to renounce their original nationality to gain another one - hence the dual citizenship.
Also even if her dad decided he wanted to renounce his british citizenship, because she’s his daughter she could ask to get her citizenship. Up to two generations if I’m not mistaken. And in some circumstances many more, like centuries. Basically if anyone has evidence that at someone at some point in their family was of a citizenship then they may request to regain it.

Also her father doesn’t have to be white to have a british citizenship. Or rich. Expat is just a term, you can give it whatever value you want. But it was meant to name british citizens living in other countries. Not necessarily for ever. Mostly as a retirement thing. Hence why its kinda hated worldwide and honestly for a good reason.

At this stage I feel like she is just playing her fans, knowing she can get away without posting for so long without explanation. It would literally take her 1 minute to give an explanation.

Yep. I definitely don’t think she would be getting 1000+ comments on random posts if it weren’t for her content-hungry fans. Comments mean $$$$$$$$ on a monetized account.

bublifuk

Both her parents are university professors, so yeah they're definitely upper-middle class. I was on her mum's ratemyprofessor once and her ratings are terrible. People also believed that she wrote the positive ratings herself.

I unsubscribed a while ago, only recently checked her Instagram again and wow, she looks like she's really going through it huh?

This caption also really rubbed me the wrong way because a) nobody's forcing her to go to ikea, b) we all know she doesn't actually give two fucks about abolishing capitalism since she's massively benefitting from it (and collaborated with the biggest capitalist corporation there is), c) she's once again exploiting mental health issues for likes and d) my dad grew up in the Soviet Bloc where they had exactly one (1) type of fork. Shut the fuck up Ashley!

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-15 um 14.25.26.png

Also, has anyone else noticed that she heavily plays on the foot fetish thing. Nearly ALL her videos she is bare foot and really obviously in shot. The video I mention about is called 'Building a shelf with my toes'. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against foot fetish, I quite like feet myself but this along with her constant sex references are just way too strange in my view.

Is it just me that thinks all this about her?
Yes, and she discussed at length Tarantinos known foot fetish when she reviewed once upon a time in Hollywood, so she was definitely aware of what she was doing. At the time she posted those, foot fetish content was very in on YouTube — I saw a lot of vlogger types use clickbait like, “I made how much selling photos of my feet?!”

Recently I popped in on Ashley’s IG and saw she got a ton of new expensive-looking furniture. I bet she is relieved she doesn’t have to publicly reconcile her splurge purchases with the “frugal immigrant” image she constructed for herself on her channel.

• Sick

scamper

Her father being British doesn't make him not an immigrant. If he has emigrated permanently from the UK, he is an immigrant. You're not an expat just because you come from a first world country.
Maybe so but you can’t deny that “expat” and “immigrant” carry very different connotations, especially in America. “Immigrant” undeniably paints a picture of a strugglers, roughing it, people in search of a better life, etc. Expats are rich professionals and yuppies. Which do you think she was trying to portray herself as? Which is she actually? Words matter when you’re branding yourself.

Reactions: 5

BlueCoffee

Side note but who the fuck told her that wearing nothing but little white dresses looked good?! With her hair it looks like shes going for a pastel Baby-Cruella De Vil vibe 😂

In the last minute, Elena was out with Ashley and Damon on the town.
Damons her bf right?

• Haha

Hot_Dogs_Or_Toes

Chatty Member
the main thing that turns me off about her

Is her obsession with white male validation, she only dates white men, makes sure that the world knows that all her guys are white, always mentions sex.

She's embarrassing lol, and i'm genuinely surprised she had an audience to begin with.
Agreed the constant sex references just become weird in the end. When I first started watching her I thought it was quite fun and I have to admit I did and probably still do fancy her a lot so the sex chat was quite exciting at first. However, it didn't take long for that to become weird since every single video she did there would be multiple often graphic sex references littered throughout.

Not sure what she does anymore to be honest except post random photos on insta which usually consist of odd clothing choices and a strange lack of any clothing covering most of her belly. I think I'm more familiar with Ashley's belly button than I am my own these days she gets it out so much!

sephylily

VIP Member
On her last insta post someone commented don't feel pressured to post. Bruh that's the point she clearly doesn't feel pressured to post because if she did she wouldn't just post whenever she's got an ad

Re: Ashley’s tightsless UK trip

Omg she actually doesn’t know how to dress and I was sad bc I thought she was gonna serve more layered/all weather looks when she moved. When the Olsen twins moved from LA to NYC, Mary Kate actually says she wore so many layers bc nyc is fucking cold and she wanted to be comfortable. I can’t with Ashley out here, defiantly shivering, bare legged in her mini skirts. Fashion has to function, for me at least to the point where I’m not sacrificing comfort.

Also doesn’t YouTube demonetize a channel after six months of no new posts? I suspect she will be back in a month or so.

subrexic

i NEED her channel to get demonetised so she can come crawling back and again attempt to present herself under the faux persona of relatable working-class girl who was able to make it all by herself. so strange how

rhil

Fair enough if she doesn't want to do Youtube anymore, but let's face it - nobody would know the girl if she hadn't done Youtube first. I think she should give some explanation for her absence since her fans are the reason she is successful and can live a nomadic lifestyle. As someone else mentioned, if Youtube stop monetising her vids she'll probably be back soon

blossombloss

Chatty Member
I straight up forgot about her. I did not realise she hadn't posted a video in so long, I wonder what is going on? I've just looked at her Instagram and wow I hate her hair.
Ashley was great in the beginning but she really just got stuck inside her head and being the cool girl. I'm not surprised she's taking time for her mental health, I could hear the breakdown happening in some of her videos, it was honestly like damn this girl hates herself a lot. And why I will never know, she has a pretty charmed life.
She genuinely just needs to relax and stop taking social media so seriously.

BlueCoffee

Lol her subreddit went private. The mod had a history of cussing people out in private messages for questioning Ashley’s behavior, so she probably couldn’t handle everyone getting fed up with Ashley
They get super defensive. You can’t even say anything remotely questioning Ashleys motives or even say that you dont like her outfit without them getting antsy. Someone super eager made a new subreddit when the Mod first said they might go private because of “hate comments on ashley” when it was all just discussion. And then the sub, and the account that made it got deleted.. It was honestly such a lame page towards the end.

One thing that really annoyed me was how many fans defended her multiple covid breaking rules saying “i think its fine she met up mask-less with 10+ people, she must have been so lonely” and again when she traveled to California in one of the peak covid times to hang out with mates. She could literally kick a puppy and they’d be like “well to be fair!”

Last edited:
  • Haha

Larancia

I didnt even notice shes gone from youtube until now. I used to take inspiration from her vids but later i realized that her styling works ONLY for her body type. (Except for her tshirt jeans outfits) I remember her folding a headband/headscarf in half and tying on her chest as a top. Seriously??? Its not just the body type but also it wouldnt be possible to wear it many many places on earth even in parts of US. After i realized her suggestions are not realistic i also became aware of her "over quirkyness" and her making a sex reference in every 5 sentences thx to gg. Hope she finds a career she is more passionate about and successful at

Sorry I am absolutely blowing up this thread but I did a quick curiosity google search and found Ashley has been quietly doing work under her full name since her hbo gossip girl feature.

LYRA234

I actually LOVE the coat, but I just knew it was very expensive and to be honest it’d look good in fake fur 🤷🏾‍♀️. Someone earlier in the thread asked how she was surviving financially. I think it’s pretty clear that she is thriving financially, drip drip drip.

Anyway, she clearly doesn’t care about her eco values anymore. Although I’m sure she’d say something like ‘my skirt is thrifted so that balances it out’

• Sad

rhil

Tbf most people have been pretty understanding about her hiatus. I know she has her haters, and the guru gossip and Reddit threads were particularly bad, but since most people know her from YouTube I really think she owes her fans an announcement. Not posting on YouTube is a slippery slope, even if she comes back people will be wondering about her consistency