Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

slamvs27

VIP Member
It's this one:

I don't know, there's practicing your jokes and then there's this where it looked like she was close to tears because she couldn't get it right.
I can't believe she hasn't deleted it yet. It was funny in the first 30 seconds and then she kept going, going, going like some legit crazy person. It was like watching a car crash.

Reactions: 5
I actually LOVE the coat, but I just knew it was very expensive and to be honest it’d look good in fake fur 🤷🏾‍♀️. Someone earlier in the thread asked how she was surviving financially. I think it’s pretty clear that she is thriving financially, drip drip drip.

Anyway, she clearly doesn’t care about her eco values anymore. Although I’m sure she’d say something like ‘my skirt is thrifted so that balances it out’
When even people like Kim Kardashian are having their whole fur collections remade in faux fur, it’s just unnecessary at this point. And I haven’t seen the post but I’d say it’s very likely she got the coat for free in exchange for advertising, which is worse imo. Who knows how many people will buy that coat at full price because of her ad.

Ashley’s interview 17:36

Overall a job well done, even though she came across very jittery and nervous. It would have been the actual perfect time to introduce herself as her real name since she is clearly moving on to the next chapter.

rhil

Yeah I agree, also quite happy for her that she bagged quite a big deal gig- its right up her street! I wonder if she’s vlogged the experience or something, if she planned on uploading again it would have been a good one for it. Probably wishful thinking lol. Also I know its just personal opinion and a bit nitpicky but man the white/pink hair thing really doesn’t work..
Agree, the hair is just.. no. I liked the way it was previously. I wonder has her YouTube account been demonetised now since it’s been more than 6 months? I’d love to know what her plan is now, the secrecy is killing me 😂😂😂

chishod

There are a few reasons why she's disliked honestly, her sustainability farce aside.

e.g the fact that she comes from a wealthy family but was always prattling on about having a hard knock life and "oh look at all my jobs" as if running oneself ragged was an outfit to put on or the way she continually went on about sex, pretending that it made her sex-positive in front of her typically young viewers or the way she flew out one of her white boys to NYC to stay with her right at the height of the pandemic or the way she outed her sister's eating disorder and mental health issues online for millions to see or the prices at which she sells her previously worn clothes at. It's all outlined in other gossip threads.

farewelltulip

I only just thought of this, but does anyone else think all the Twitter drama around Lindsey Ellis being “cancelled” a few months back perfectly paralleled Ashley’s megafans’ meltdowns. Like same thing, a public figure has some people disagree with them / receives some pushback about their actions, and suddenly everyone is freaking out abt being cancelled and cancel culture going too far and so on so on, when literally nothing was ever that deep.

In Lindsey’s case it was perhaps just more embarrassing bc she was the one calling herself cancelled first, in Ashley’s case it was just her teeny bopper fans losing it. And in both cases you still can’t comment on it today without people coming to remind you how they were Literally Crucified By The Internet Mob because like, some people didn’t like them.

On another topic, Ashley’s fashion sense is disturbingly bad now. Like, so so unbelievably bad. I also found it funny how she admitted in her post on the 20th that she was dressing for the male gaze before (still is but whatever lol), because her megafans would freak out when people suggested that.

Reactions: 4

blue_bird

Ahhhhh, the old sustainability line, I see. I don't think I watched enough of her early early videos to hear her talk about sustainability. Because honestly, I don't think I ever heard her mention the word, or perhaps I blocked it out. I did not view her content to be sustainable in any way lol she just wants to look cute, let's be honest. But, I can totally understand the backlash if she tried to speak on that, I wish 99% of fashion influencers would just stay away from the word, it is completely opposed to their position/job on Instagram, Youtube etc.
She definitely mentioned it when conversations around sustainability were becoming more mainstream. And because she had such a long history of thrifting, she could kinda build her image around it without much effort. But it's always been the same kind of shallow approach she has to feminism too. I think people projected it on her too. I personally didn't really see her as sustainable but I can see her being a symbol for accessible/mainstream sustainability.

How is she able to pay her rent rn? Is she just doing Insta sponsorships? She had such a short-lived YT career lol.
I bet she gets paid LOADS for her insta sponsorships cause she has over a million followers still. Plus she still has ads on all of her youtube videos - I've been watching some of her old stuff from back when I still liked her style - so she's got a passive income still. Social blade suggests she could be making up to £3.3K a month from youtube which is WILD for someone who isn't actually even on youtube anymore.

• Sad

dalmatirox

Chatty Member
She is in the trailer for a Hulu film called 'not okay' as herself in a youtube video yet she hasnt made one in nearly 2 years....

its weird that she still wants the same clout that she had at her peak but can't be bothered to do stuff anymore

They also have that annoying guy with a movie camera tiktoker in the trailer so the talent bar was clearly very high !

farewelltulip

When her "controversial" COVID video came out, she also deleted comments from health workers asking people to take the pandemic more seriously. I think keeping silent and deleting things is her way of sweeping things under the rug (like never addressing the criticism about her amazon video and then quietly deleting the video and all the insta ads once she's collected the revenue from that sponsorship).
This is why I find it ironic that BD was trying to act like Ashley is relentlessly hounded with criticism, when she deletes all of it. She also deleted all the criticism about her doing an Amazon sponsored vid after building a brand based on ~sustainability~, and then just ended up privating the vid without ever giving an explanation.

It seems like broey deschanel just chose certain instances of criticism to display with 0 context while ignoring all valid criticism of Ashley’s behavior, or trying to cast anyone who did question her in a legitimate way as “”parasocial”” leeches or whatever. It’s like, Ashley divulges extremely personal info about her sister’s disorder without her knowledge, and her fans are in the wrong for questioning why she would do something so inappropriate??

bublifuk

deleting (non-hateful) comments is so weak, she really has no backbone. either stand by your (dumb) actions and leave the comments up or take the advice and work on yourself. she's one of those people who only want yes-men around her. i'm not one to judge others by how many friends they have, but I can see why Ashley doesn't seem to have a lot of people close to her if that's how she acts offline as well

I thought the exact same thing (how it would be great vlog content) about that little cottage core 4th of July party she threw! Also I echo the sentiment about the hair. I think it’s funny that with hair trends like that (ie, bleached forelock), people usually do them to stand out and be unique but it ironically makes you look more generic. I think Ashley styles it well, but all I ever think when I see a split dye, is how awful the growing out process must be. People with light hair are so lucky to be able to participate in trends like this without frying the living fuck out of their hair, though.

Also, is she demonetized now?? Is there a way to find out?

ETA: I do think her hair looks so much better now that the bleached side is white blonde instead of pink!

babygoats

DAMNIT she's wearing a FOX FUR COAT... WHY!!! So many influencers have worn this exact coat I hate them all so much T_T
All the girls in the comments saying how awesome she looks with a dead fox, such bad infuence.
"Trim: 100% dyed fox fur"

View attachment 856399View attachment 856401
Cruella but, like, as the original unlikeable, actual villain character.

• Heart

sephylily

VIP Member
Tbh I wouldn’t expect her to say anything about Palestine if she never even said anything about Myanmar, where her family is actually from.

If she did say something people would probably attack her for being insincere anyways, as a lot of influencers have been for taking a stand, can’t win. I as a normal person don’t post abt my politics on social media, doesn’t mean I don’t donate directly or attend rallies etcetera. Ashley def doesn’t do either of those things lol, but in general social media activity =/= real world activity.

Palestine is also a genuinely controversial topic in the US compared to something like Myanmar that a lot of people have no opinion towards, she wouldn’t risk losing subscribers or sponsors.
I'm not just talking about Palestine though I'm talking about everything. Her follows literally wheedle her into talking about anything important e.g. BLM where people begged her to talk about it on twitter. And honestly I don't class her as a normal influencer I class her as someone who has made being political in her videos into her brand but whenever anything actually happens, she doesn't want to rock the boat. It's wrong.

blossombloss

Chatty Member
Haha so true. I would like her aesthetic way more if she just committed and started wearing leather harnesses or something (which would look so good with all her miniskirts!) instead of dressing like a sexy Victorian baby doll.
Rofl, so accurate.

imbackagain

Agree, I actually used to really like her on YouTube and am not interested in seeing her be some fake influencer. Don’t know who she is kidding with this facade.

rhil

Yep. I definitely don’t think she would be getting 1000+ comments on random posts if it weren’t for her content-hungry fans. Comments mean $$$$$$$$ on a monetized account.
Exactly! If she thinks people get the same engagement from a monetised Instagram account rather than a YouTube channel, she’s very wrong. People connected with her personally through YouTube.

mimbluu

When her "controversial" COVID video came out, she also deleted comments from health workers asking people to take the pandemic more seriously. I think keeping silent and deleting things is her way of sweeping things under the rug (like never addressing the criticism about her amazon video and then quietly deleting the video and all the insta ads once she's collected the revenue from that sponsorship).