Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
For those who don't want to watch her latest video, it's surprisingly real and different from the norm. Of course she imbues everything with the usual "think positive, be grateful" filler, but between that, she is actually saying some meaningful stuff that isn't all perfect.

Direct quote from her: "In the beginning I didn't have so much support at home, that was really challenging (....) I think it's very important to get that help, whether that's from your partner or from family, or from someone else, because it's so hard to do it all by yourself, and that was kind of what was happening in my case." She is being pretty open in saying that she did not get support from Mo (at least in the beginning), which is not surprising, but good for her for calling it out directly and being real.

She also talks about breastfeeding and how it's been tough for her (largely because of how stressful her support-situation has been), she says (direct quote again): "In an ideal situation, where you're not overly stressed-out, super tired, and you feel, like, somewhat taken care of, I think breastfeeding can come more natural." Here my heart really goes out to her :(, because whether or not it is the case, it seems that she feels like she was so UN-cared for that it affected her ability to breastfeed. No mama deserves to feel like that.

This is such a vulnerable time for a new mom, and though I am glad she is being honest, I feel bad that she is going through this with Mo. It really shows his true colors. It's clear that she doesn't having any support with stuff like making food, keeping home tidy, self care, even sterilizing bottles:/. I don't know what I would have done without my husband helping with those things, especially first kiddo where you literally don't know what you are doing. Obviously single moms have to do this all the time, but it just makes me admire them that much more and honestly, I admire Annie right now for both being honest in her video and doing this on her own.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

lilo05

I can’t understand how she ended up with that guy. I’ve been following her for a loooong time, and she always seemed like smart, down to earth girl to me. When he appeard in her video for the first time, he seemed sweet, shy, kinda innocent. I tought they were a good match back then. Obviously both are good actors or both changed for worse trough the years.
But I never, never imagined her with someone like him. I always tought she would end up with some gentleman, bussinesman, or at least some sweet normal guy, not this cringe worthy attention whore of a man. I feel kinda sad for her, but then, she choose this life for herself.

prive0505

Chatty Member
If you look at Mo’s Instagram you would never really know he was married or had a kid if you didn’t know of him through Annie. To me that’s a red flag. It’s just full of photos of himself, him at the gym and cringe selfies with that stupid smile he does with his tongue pushed against his teeth. God knows what Annie sees in him…

He also followers a lot of random girls (also very recently) which is another major red flag.

• Haha

mounaa21

I almost feel sad typing this but god I couldn’t go through her latest vlog…she went on and on again about how it was crazy to be walking with her baby outside of home (as in the airport) then how crazy that the flight got cancelled and then crazy how the luggage was delayed (literally happens to I don’t know how many people every single winter holiday) then crazy how she had to buy new clothes and shit to survive….

it was just so mundane and yet so eventful in Annie’s boring life where everything is beige and perfect. I couldn’t even make it through her 500000th Seed ad this time.

soon the vlog will be titled: “put My alarm, woke up, brushed my teeth -insert 10min Seed ad- pooed, went to sleep….WILD TIMES with Annie!!

girl do something exciting like I don’t know put a white tee in your coloured clothes washing machine and find out what happens?? Then make a 30min story time vlog about it

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14

loisgriff

Chatty Member
LOL at them constantly interrupting/correcting each other. Maybe it‘s their way of interacting but Annie seems so annoyed by Mos comments.

Also, ok Mo because the designer bag of your influencer friend got stolen out of a public train now Germany is not safe. What a generalization, what about looking at actual studies/data.
Yeah, someone stealing a designer handbag is the same as the potential for your daughters and son to get shot…. 🙄🙄🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 13

lilo05

I can’t stand Mo. She really has to be dumb as hell to make baby with him. They both are self entitled, vain dumbasses. They are obssesing over living in USA, well I hope they will find their way and manage to get visa, so they can finally move. They are probably only people on this planet who think that USA is better place for raising a child than Europe.

ohnana

So the white lady of munich has posted a video at last :))) Small recap below so you'll be spared of actually watching it:

- they know the gender but will announce it later in other video..so you know like withthe wedding after 6 months
- shes making lists of stuff she needa for the baby
- lemon water
- she curled her hair after soo many months
- she went for walks around the same park
- new Ad guys! A filtering water can
- organizing her closet and skincare again
- bought some flowers because it snowed and shee needs sunshinee
- made a chicken salad and granola

Such content much wow 🙄🙄

• Haha

eimaiilili

I think she looked amazing and the baby is cute but I, too, was disappointed with the "everything was perfect and my life is perfect and my home is perfect and my make up is perfect" facade. I would find her a lot more interesting and relatable if she showed up with no make up and a coffee in hand and said she is very happy but also very tired.
I agree with you 100% but I don't think for a minute that being relatable is what Annie wants AT ALL. She's all about cultivating an unattainable image of complete perfection, cleanliness, and tidiness that is unrealistic in most people's real life, no matter how clean or tidy they are. EVERYTHING in her bubble/vlog land is curated, polished, reviewed and redone to the most minute detail. Her goal is to project an impeccable home and a spotless kitchen, and herself, her spouse and her marriage as immaculate as possible. We all know things can't be that perfect every minute of the day, every day, but I feel that as she's quite stringent as a personality despite the "sweet" surface with the syrupy baby voice that she projects, her house is probably cleaner than the average one- I'm sure she keeps Mo on his toes. What we see in her vlogs is the "myth", the fairy-tale image she wants us to accept, embrace, and subscribe to- it's all part of her "business", just like her potions and creams, because her channel is a moneymaker for her. Don't you know? ANYONE can "be" anything they want online. ;)
For sure her pregnancy and birth wasn't all flowers and roses, but she chose to put a positive, clean and romantic spin on things, well...because she's Annie and everything has to be perfect and sterile, especially a birth which is in and of itself messy and unpredictable... She can't even bring herself to say the word "vagina" and prefers the more exotic-sounding "vagine". She doesn't ever projectile vomit; she delicately brings up food that has been troubling her in neat, tiny burps, etc. C'mon. Even her bananas have no spots on them, the avocados are ripened to perfection and her cucumbers, carrots and zucchinis are all the same size, lined up in a perfect row when she cooks.
During birth, you are all sweaty and flat-out exhausted, crying, angry- so many emotions- by the time it's time to push, but does anyone think there would be the remotest possibility of Annie's putting out a video where she is red, sweaty and hyperventilating with her bangs pasted to her sweaty forehead and her ponytail not perfectly coiffed? Never. She never even mentioned pain-all she said was that it was very intense. Get real. What's so bad about saying that giving birth is messy and painful? There's blood and fluids and mucus and other crap everywhere. If it were so unbearably painful, no woman would ever have a second baby. Right? It's painful and wonderful and the truth is, that after you pull yourself together, you forget all about the pain, because it plays an infinitesimally small role in things. It's not what characterizes birth. It's a small part of it that you never think about again.
On the other hand, what I CAN see her doing is compulsively wanting to show her viewers that SHE manages to do everything perfectly, even /especially, give birth: Annie's birth experience was stress-free, only positive, spic and span clean and even her contractions were perfect, well-behaved, on time and manageable, She is so perfect, well-organized and put together, that giving birth can be clean and "perfect". It's doable for her and she leaves everyone else in her dust wondering how she does it and why everyone else is just a slob. She even managed to make tearing sound elegant and neat. I can certainly also see her redoing her immaculate ponytail a few times, checking herself out in a mirror between contractions-which btw is when you feel absolutely great- and refreshing her face with moist towelettes to remove the sweat for the camera and also surely yelling at Mo when he was on his phone...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: If you're not a vlogger, you don't give a flying fig what you look like. She is a youtuber with a large following who knows that the birth vlog is going to get views ($$$) and she has that "squeaky clean, never messy or less-than-perfect image to keep up with. Do you really think she is ever going to put out a video when there is washing that needs to be folded lying around or toys and crap everywhere when the baby is older or walking or crawling around? Not on your life. Or one where her kitchen has dirty dishes in the sink and the counter-tops are crowded, full of bottles, chargers and papers or the whole flat anything but immaculate white and pristine?? Never. Something like this might make her more relatable, but it would be totally inconsistent with her image of herself AND what she wants us to believe... She airbrushed and filtered her belly and her face throughout her pregnancy up to the very last minute, and posted those studio pictures of airbrushed perfection, making every other new mom out there feel dumpy, ugly and incompetent. (Btw, there is a moment in the birth video, in the hospital, where you can CLEARLY see stretchmarks on her thighs... Run before she reads this...)
She is ALWAYS in charge of things. She had people cleaning her already clean flat when there were only the 2 of them tiptoeing around in white slippers. You really think she doesn't have a battalion of people to tidy and clean up and a nanny or 2 at her beck and call coming in every day to help while she gets herself made up and ready for the new vlog about her perfect life? She certainly CAN afford to employ help, so why wouldn't she? Most people of course can't, ergo the messy homes. She's never going to admit it though, because a HUGE part of the image is that she does it all by herself and that she is extremely capable of organizing and streamlining every single aspect of her life- which , I'm guessing, she probably is, albeit at the expense of other people's sanity (Mo's..)... She will probably say on her vlog that she still has her cleaning lady come in every now and then to dust the few specks of dust on the countertops, but that's it.
Mo, as usual, doesn't seem to be helping much. He doesn't seem to be too into doing anything except updating and posing for his Instagram account with his tongue tucked behind his teeth ? showing off his beige outfits or his fancy food. Poor Mo... He always desperately grabs the chance to eat something tasty. (Annie, your stuff may be healthy, but for SURE , it's nowhere as tasty as the spicy, saucy stuff he eats out... You make the same easy, boring things over and over again and although it looks like you're having multiple orgasms whenever you take a bite and always rave about how it's "soooo delicious", well, ya can't fool us, Annie! Who wouldn't want a juicy burger that's not green for once? )
He doesn't strike me as a hands-on guy anyway...I can't see him -by any stretch of the imagination- changing a single diaper, feeding his daughter or taking charge or any kind of initiative. He may play with or hold the baby for a few minutes when she tells him to. Yeah, the usual excuse is "I don't know anything about babies", well, neither does ANY mom. You learn. But he probably just removes himself discreetly from the flat to get away from the stress so he can vlog in the car, photograph his food in restaurants, or catch a workout. I also think that Annie's probably more than ok with that. I always get the underlying feeling that she's sitting there in the videos with him, teeth and fists elegantly clenched, silently fuming to herself. I'm sure he subliminally frustrates, bothers, angers or embarrasses her by being more raw, human, goofy, even likeable -if immature- at times. She's not very good at hiding her distaste, just like she would always be distant and kind of uninvolved and monosyllabic whenever he tried to include or engage her in his vlogs, because it was HIS content for HIS channel, even at their wedding. I think someone mentioned it somewhere and she has since made an effort not to appear so indifferent, blase and snobby in his videos. Annie strikes me as a person who is obsessed with "perfection" in her off-camera, everyday life too, and living with a person like that must be very difficult. I'm sure she yells at Mo for drinking water on the white sofas. or throwing a jacket on a chair, so I'm guessing that the sofas are going to get removable slipcovers for off-camera time-not that we'll ever know...Unless she reads the comments here and adjusts some things, hahaha!

We all know that perfection is IMPOSSIBLE in a real home with babies. This video was put out more than 2 weeks after the actual birth, so we know she had ample time to double check everything a dozen times and put out a "perfect" version of everything.

Please, especially new moms out there: having and taking care of a tiny baby may not seem like a big deal, but it is exhausting to the point of no return and draining as hell. You might look like a hag from the demon pit, you might have stretchmarks all over and pimples you never had before, you may have mood swings and bad days where you will scream at everyone uncontrollably- it's different for everyone. It's ok and things WILL get better. Your hormones are still on a rollercoaster and you will often feel like you simply can't cope or keep up. And keep in mind: even perfect Annie's story is not the one we saw...Even Annie doesn't look like that without a few hours of primping, filtering and airbrushing when needed, or when the ring light is turned off and the camera is not running. She is always VERY high maintenance and it won't change now. It's all very, very pretty, but it's fake. So love yourself as you SLOWLY return to normal, enjoy your beautiful babies and watch the videos if you want, the same way you would watch a Hallmark movie: for the cuteness, the aesthetics and the calming effect, but NOT for the reality of the content. After all, I watch them too, for those exact reasons.

Remember: online, we only see the cuts that have been approved to be camera-worthy. We shouldn't compare our behind-the-scenes, real lives with the meticulously curated highlights of Annie, or those of any Annie out there. Because even her life is not what she chooses to show the world.

P.S. Sorry...I rambled on much longer that I intended too.

P.P.S. Annie, if you're reading this-which I believe you probably are- I wish you much happiness and good luck to your baby, despite the fakery, deception and impossible standards you set and project online. ❣

• Heart

loisgriff

Chatty Member
For sure he wants the American Dream, which I have no problem with. I mean, the video is old and you can see his naiveté and just his happiness at finally visiting a place he would have never been able to visit if not for Annie.

You can move without bashing other countries, and then after you've moved you can still be diplomatic about it and not mean. But after the pandemic, he has became nasty about it, as if you're a loser if you don't live in the US.

They've been announcing the move for years, same as they did with their brand, and it took 4 years before they went public. Let's not hold our breaths!
Yes this is perfectly worded. I agree completely. His words saying “I don’t know why anyone would move to Germany, I don’t know what this country offers” is absolutely shocking and really shows his lack of intelligence. Germany is the strongest economy and also provides incredible support to mothers and families. It takes on refugees and exports a lot, meaning it keeps jobs for its citizens. He is appalling the way he words things and has no appreciation. I completely agree with you in that you don’t have to bash or be nasty. He is very unappreciative

blue_orchid

VIP Member
He's been riding on her coat tails and gave up his own career to just live off her, it seems.

She shouldn't be too surprised.

I still feel that she wanted a kid so badly, he gave her one so he could then go back to his party lifestyle.

We all know he's full of crap claiming to have a Master's degree and then claiming to have been in all these high end fashion magazines. The product was, he was not.

Says a lot about him.

If she's unhappy about it, she ought to speak up. She's a grown woman. However, there are some women that will stay with men like this just to have one and keep up appearances.

If my man did not even acknowledge the birth of our child, I would be seriously concerned. Of all the rubbish posted on social media, you'd think he would be proud and thrilled with his first child and say something about that.

Speaks volumes to me.

Even if there was trouble in paradise, I do not see her leaving him, sadly.

She's so into showing perfection that divorce in her book would be failure and not something she would show.

I see him giving her a second child to keep her happy and so he can continue to have his freedom.

We've seen things said here about him with some other chick and that he may have even cheated on her.

Sadly, none of that surprised me.

She doesn't even seem to want to be around his family.

The fact that he chose a vacation instead of attending his own sister's wedding shows his values and morals.

So again, she should not be surprised.

She seems the type to do anything to please a man and keep him around.

Jumping on that boat when pregnant, flying all over repeatedly during Covid and pregnant. I question her intelligence too now.

For those who don't want to watch her latest video, it's surprisingly real and different from the norm. Of course she imbues everything with the usual "think positive, be grateful" filler, but between that, she is actually saying some meaningful stuff that isn't all perfect.

Direct quote from her: "In the beginning I didn't have so much support at home, that was really challenging (....) I think it's very important to get that help, whether that's from your partner or from family, or from someone else, because it's so hard to do it all by yourself, and that was kind of what was happening in my case." She is being pretty open in saying that she did not get support from Mo (at least in the beginning), which is not surprising, but good for her for calling it out directly and being real.

She also talks about breastfeeding and how it's been tough for her (largely because of how stressful her support-situation has been), she says (direct quote again): "In an ideal situation, where you're not overly stressed-out, super tired, and you feel, like, somewhat taken care of, I think breastfeeding can come more natural." Here my heart really goes out to her :(, because whether or not it is the case, it seems that she feels like she was so UN-cared for that it affected her ability to breastfeed. No mama deserves to feel like that.

This is such a vulnerable time for a new mom, and though I am glad she is being honest, I feel bad that she is going through this with Mo. It really shows his true colors. It's clear that she doesn't having any support with stuff like making food, keeping home tidy, self care, even sterilizing bottles:/. I don't know what I would have done without my husband helping with those things, especially first kiddo where you literally don't know what you are doing. Obviously single moms have to do this all the time, but it just makes me admire them that much more and honestly, I admire Annie right now for both being honest in her video and doing this on her own.
Agree with this 10000%. She mentions the lack of support multiple times in the video. She also mentioned that she doesnt have any time for herself/self-care, which is normal during the baby stage but it makes it even more infuriating that Princess Mo was leaving her to go to the gym and take selfies in the elevator instead of giving her a break so she could get some rest or recover.

kaya.blossom

Yeah I can't imagine what kind of person feels comfortable leaving his wife and baby girl to go party. Speaks a lot about his priorities. He hasn't posted any pictures with Annie or Nalia but he's posted plenty with friends. Annie deserves better.
It‘s so bad. I am sure she tolerates it because she doesn‘t want to lose him, same with going on a bumpy boat when she felt miserable and getting hematoma.
My husband went to a goodbye dinner of a colleague once when our baby was very small but asked me ten times if I am ok. But he took the baby out a lot so I could sleep or have baths. No need to only live for the baby but it seems like he is running away from it.

There’s nothing wrong with a new partner letting their hair down. But my other half didn’t dream of leaving me the first few months. And if he did, it was a few hours here and there (both of us mind you) speaks a lot as to mo and what his priorities are.

Maybe Annie has her mum there who knows. All I know is my other half never wanted to leave
Right, it is also a emotional support thing … the baby is dependent on the mother but I felt so much better when I had my partner as a backup. You never know when it is getting too much and you need it. Drunk Mo is not a good help I think.

Reactions: 12

ohnana

They went on vacation during a pandemic whils pregnant in the first trimester because they were so tired from the previous 7 vacations they took in 2021.
They got pregnant by a new method: trying-but-not-trying

• Haha
  • Heart

Tinka

Ibiza? again?
Dubai - Ibiza - Ibiza - Dubai
Why do they repeat those cities?.
Because those cities are fake, superficial, and lacking substance and true culture....much like the both of them. They're not "bad" places but they definitely are places that the "new rich" think are glamorous when in reality, they're mediocre and surely for one visit in a lifetime, not repeated trips! I firmly disagree on the hairstyle looking 70s and cool...I think it looks like sh*t. It makes no sense as it's 3 different styles on the same head. She needs to let Mo chop her hair into a nice blunt bob and she needs to go darker and lay off the bleach. Her hair is crispy and fried. She needs regular repair treatments to fix it. Lastly, Mohammed looks more douchey with every post. He is so unbelievably vapid, embarrassing, and unlikable. My butthole cringes when you guys post his stupid selfies on here. Yuck!

• Heart
  • Haha

classytikkamasala

VIP Member
i just watched the vlog, i dont think it was really aesthetic. it wasn't as messy as an itsjudyslife labor vlog or anything but it definitely wasnt as "perfect" as annies normal vlogs. most of it was unflattering angles of her. it looks like her top lip swelled during labor. i was surprised that she got epidural so far into labor. i havent had children so the "ring of fire" part of the vlog was very intense and scary to watch tbh! also they showed the baby's face in this vlog after birth. this will probably mean that unfortunately they will share the baby online. mo looked useless the entire vlog

kaya.blossom

Hi,

I've been reading along here for a while and then wanted to let it go but it's very entertaining and accurate.

I've been following Annie since New York/London days because I liked her style then, I've always been able to ignore the quinoa etc and wasn't her focus then.

The early days in Munich were also characterized by more joie de vivre, more colorful outfits, lifestyle just.

What I still find good and why I still follow her at all is that she prioritizes health and her ideas about life (you can find good or not, she has also verbalized this once, something like: just because everyone does it that way or because it is the easier way you do not have to do it that way).

I think she has a trauma from her "fat and acne" times, what started with good intention (healthy lifestyle, little stress, skin care etc.) has degenerated and become an obsession.

I also can't really believe this perfectly curated life where even drawers have to be sorted and cleaned 10 times a year, and I find it creepy to portray that on the internet, even though I'm sure there are followers who really still take her as a role model.

Sure you only see part of it but I find it negatively triggering for people who struggle with perfectionism or some form of orthorexia.

What I would miss is: a meaningful profession that contributes to society, exposure to other countries and cultures, literature aside from "self-help books", failure, the ups and downs of life....

And OF COURSE she is also the perfect pregnant woman, she has only "cute" cravings like ginger water, buys as well as for the apartment everything new including pregnancy clothes although she should have 400 leggings at home (hello overconsumption).

I just don't buy it, I was pregnant myself last year and now have a baby and it was & is WILD. Although I had an uncomplicated pregnancy it was the most blatant change I have ever experienced, physically and emotionally. I usually live pretty healthy but went to Mc Donalds 3 times in one week just because I felt like it, some days I just slept and didn't clean anything up, etc.

And no matter how organized you are, birth and postpartum are just exhausting, there are bodily fluids from you and the baby everywhere, and you quickly change your perspective on tidiness and perfection (unless Mo and Annie have 3 employees cooking shredded chicken salad and wiping baby puke off the white couch).

Unfortunately, pregnancy and motherhood is glorified on the internet and often not shown authentically, if anyone is pregnant, this video by Jenn Imm helped me a lot because she was so honest ("Confessions of a pregnant woman"): https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=confessions+of+a+pregnant+woman

I also can't forget Mo's comment in the announcement video, he says something like "it's going to be messy" and you can see by the facial expressions that he's a little excited and Annie is like "mh yeah" and thinking "my baby doesn't make a mess because I control everything".

Well, these are my thoughts, I haven't watched the new video yet but I'm a bit curious how everything will develop, maybe the baby will lead to her becoming more relaxed, I would wish it on her :).

Also I think this Reel is so Annie (and all The other THAT GIRLS misleading people on the Internet): 😂 had to laugh so hard
ps: hope it is ok to link something here

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart