Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FiltersGoneWild

I noticed that Alex recently took to Instagram to deny that she uses beauty filters. :oops:
Alex made the following statement in the comments section:

"Some people said I use filters and it's just a shame that people assume everyone is faking it, just because a lot of people do."

So, I'm just going to leave these here ...

#Gaslighting
20AF7DEB-4B5E-4EBA-93CD-85DFB06DFAF7.jpeg
D01BC45A-C138-4F34-AB2C-4630A6BC0065.jpeg
6B1ED6F5-8984-4DE3-8EA2-CE4ABE393A70.jpeg
4B1FEE66-DEBA-4CF5-A1BE-8E6FED9D4588.jpeg

From Estée Lalonde’s stories. Alex catfishing us again 🙄
It's one of the most extreme, shameless catfishing practices I've seen amongst the UK's most prominent content creators.
I'm genuinely amazed at how she agrees to do public appearances knowing others will be snapping unedited photos her on their smart phones and posting them on social media. Her staunch denial of heavily enhancing and distorting her true physical appearance is confounding. Surely, she must know how easily and quickly it is for anyone to find evidence as to what she really looks like through a simple YouTube or Google search.

B848FB17-4EAB-42CC-BD02-D193D8128E05.png

I can't believe no one has commented on the interview she did with Phillip Lim:

And the fact that we can *finally* see her without a filter....! Lovely skin (not surprising) but that is NOT the shape of her face that she presents on Instagram. It's now SO obvious she uses something to distort her face :oops:
Did you see how she recently took to Instagram to deny she uses filters? Unbelievable. There must be some cognitive dissonance going on.

Two side-by-side images I discovered from an Augustinus Bader haircare event.
Basically, a highly filtered image Alex shared versus a separate picture, someone else at the same event snapped of her, getting her hair washed.
You can see the stark difference.
1752D963-01FA-4AEB-BE4C-3B29DE217D06.jpeg
AE4A426C-1193-4B88-BA13-DA89D8EF09A7.jpeg

15628489-35E9-4C7F-A1CD-DEC418375CF5.jpeg
7B94DEDC-6D23-4D9F-A526-F8EF905DE0E3.jpeg
237AE041-CD01-4C65-A5D5-A3A632FCD02E.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17

fcukthispoo

I can't believe no one has commented on the interview she did with Phillip Lim:

And the fact that we can *finally* see her without a filter....! Lovely skin (not surprising) but that is NOT the shape of her face that she presents on Instagram. It's now SO obvious she uses something to distort her face :oops:

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 15

WTFness

My facial expression every time I see Alex receive compliments on TikTok like “You have the most amazing cheekbones!” Or “You are so stunningly flawless!” and Alex replies “You’re so kind. Thank you! 🥰” knowing full well she’s presented a digitally hyper perfected face.

IMG_7825.jpeg
IMG_7823.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 12

hayezmysteries

VIP Member
The way she sticks her chin out and appears to film from her chin upwards just makes me think of Bruce Forsyth, and now I think that I just can’t unsee it. Even though she constantly denies using filters do people really believe her skin is that smooth glowy and perfect? She looks like a dolphin.

• Haha

AllAboutTheMayhem

VIP Member
I’d never heard of this woman until I saw her on (fellow-filterer) Lorna luxe’s live last night.

It took me ten minutes to work out that it was the same person as the one pictured on her grid?!

Clearly both her and Lorna went to the same school of chin-filtering. They both have entirely different heads in real life. Both purport to have had ED’s yet filter themselves to different sizes.

Women with chronically low self esteem and mental health issues, contributing wholly to the next generation of women with low self esteem and mental health issues! Well done.

It really is perversely fascinating that friends, colleagues, family members , brands , all seem to gloss over what is quite clearly the elephant in the room..but then I guess no one can challenge these women as that becomes bullying someone with MH issues.

WTFness

I went to check out the YouTube short from Amelia Liana

I actually think Alex looks good but clearly, her face isn’t the thin, gaunt, hollow-cheeked version she presents on IG.

DD0CB6A7-7F30-4DD5-ADBB-E5E0410F8967.jpeg
6E1014F1-EF2E-418C-9AE7-959BE74E67B2.jpeg
A39D18A6-1436-429F-A301-1FF87B92BC0E.jpeg
1576E13C-9B16-4FF1-94F6-BC070FFC3E13.jpeg

---
E0CF13FC-7654-48A9-8302-226124092D24.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

WTFness

Alex’s own Instagram photos of herself from today (skinny face, dainty chin, slim jawline):
IMG_2637.jpeg

Images captured of Alex at the event by another woman:

IMG_2636.jpeg

---
I mean, geez, the difference between the first pic Alex put on her Instagram which she captured in the car on the way to this event and how she actually looks at the event from a third party camera is just not matching up is it?

IMG_2639.jpeg

---
It’s just frustrating that the woman whose images I’ve used, used a smoothing beauty filter to record Alex speaking. I would like to have seen the true texture of her skin.
---
I think her new fans on TikTok just wouldn’t imagine this is how she looks in person

IMG_2640.jpeg

---
That’s why it’s f**king annoying when she uses apps / filters to give herself extremely hollow, defined cheekbones on Instagram.
Those cheekbones she’s accepted tons of compliments for are absolute bullshit! They don’t exist and she’s all “Thank you!” when people say “Your cheekbones are amazing!”
The audacity of lapping up the compliments!

IMG_2642.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11

FiltersGoneWild

7A3EC642-CD6B-4F06-9F0E-025BD65858E0.jpeg

Alex on Monday Versus Alex on Friday of the same week. :rolleyes: :unsure: But sure, she doesn't use filters or face editing apps EVER. We're all just cynical, negative and jealous.

IMG_0325.JPG

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

WTFness

Geez, the extreme filtering on this. She looks like an 80s department store mannequin.

IMG_9984.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick

FiltersGoneWild

She definitely has great skin. You can see that in this facial masseuse’s video. She does have very healthy looking skin and is genetically blessed in that sense given that she confesses all the time to not being able to stay away from sugary treats. You do see her dining out quite indulgently quite a lot. Lots of desserts. So for her skin to glow the way it does is enviable.

8E7E91BD-7075-4905-8091-0A828DEE8BDC.jpeg
ED213A48-9F6D-4E55-B0F9-59EF2D3C7997.jpeg

But great skin aside, beauty filtering apps are being used heavily

How Alex looks whilst taking a selfie seen from a third person
54CA07B9-6E4F-436A-8C81-63B645800917.jpeg

and what she ends up posting from the very same moment

BB9E2113-DA57-4B2E-9564-8913BDE532BD.jpeg

The audacity. She is shameless with her face editing!

YET if you'd only ever seen the first photo, you'd think she was a very attractive woman with lovely eyes. Yet when you're presented with the second pic first and THEN you discover the first pic afterwards, it does make you think, Oh ... :oops: ... she's not as hot! Beauty filters seemed like such good, harmless fun when they first launched with SnapChat and even I used to spend a good hour just taking selfies with a beauty filter, thinking OMG I look freakin' awesome in these snaps! It feels really fun at first! BUT then you look in the mirror and think URGH, my skin isn't taut and flawless, why is my nose bigger than I thought? Why aren't my eyes doe-eyed and sparkling with long lashes? Why are my teeth yellower than I realised? Etc etc ... the self-loathing madness/sickness begins.

It really does get creepy. I used to interact on social media with this girl in America who was a friend of a mutual friend and we chatted via IG and she used to post SO many selfies of herself looking playful and pretty and when I was in Boston, she asked to meet up for lunch and I was SO shocked when she showed up looking 15 years older than what I was expecting with waaay more wrinkles and a much chubbier face than I was used to seeing on her Instagram. She told me a guy she met off Tinder was really annoyed when he met her in person and she ranted about how rude it was of him not to conceal his disappointment but as much as it sucks that the guy was rude, I can't deny I'd be pretty pissed off if I met a man who catfished me with false good looks only to realise he'd just been using beauty filters on himself.

These are strange times. I'd like to go back to the 90s please. 😁 Somehow dealing with heroin chic skinny waif supermodels on magazine covers didn't feel as detrimental to mental health and body image issues as social media does for teens today.

Last edited:
  • Heart

coco_lh

Alex is just another influencer these days. Who leaves Glamour to become a full time influencer? Albeit, calling herself a journalist...:ROFLMAO:
I used to love her, 2/3 years ago, and followed religiously all her recommendations, until she blocked me. I remembered in one of her many taxi lives she mentioned she didn't like Foreo, however, a few months later she was doing paid partnership with the brand. I posted a polite comment, and she simply blocked me.

• Wow
Please spill the tea! ☕
We have been discussing on the Lorna luxe thread. This was my experience 😫

She was a triumph of confidence over talent - she was much bigger back then and used to literally throw her weight around. She had this weird mantra/obsession that she would be editor of Vogue by the age of 30 😭
My card was marked when my bf at the time sent me flowers to the office which she clocked and started huffing and puffing that PRs should be sending her bouquets of the same calibre. She basically made her way through life by shouting over people. Just the polar opposite of the type of girl I’d want to be mates with..

• Heart
  • Wow

WTFness

Comment on her latest TikTok

😒 The lighting huh?

IMG_4918.jpeg

---
It’s just good lighting, you guys. 🤥

IMG_4928.jpeg
IMG_4929.jpeg
IMG_4930.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10

WTFness

She’s actually starting to look like a non-blue Na’vi chick.

Oh I know I do go on but I just can’t get over how shamelessly deceitful she is about her true physical appearance. If I FaceApp’d & beauty filtered to the extremes she did, my friends and family will tease me mercilessly and my brother would be savagely honest about it “Dude! You don’t look like that! WTF?!” and demand I quit being weird.

I don’t know how she has the audacity to show up to live beauty promotional events to be honest. I can only assume she actually believes everyone is too stupid to notice how her face has a completely different shape in person OR ‘no one can prove a damn thing!”

Think she’s hosting another live event very soon. I’m so tempted at times to go along for a gander but I just refuse to pay any money for the event tickets just to see her show up in ridiculously oversized coats and quarterback sized shoulder pads.

• Haha
Reactions: 10