Alex Steinherr

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It will never cease to blow my mind how she doesn’t think anyone will notice how drastically different she appears at public events compared to her own carefully curated Instagram account. She’s eternally 28 - 30 years old on Instagram & even when she’s 55, I anticipate she’ll use filters and FaceApp to present that forever 29 aesthetic.

IMG_2563.jpeg
IMG_2564.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 5
surely people are trolling her when they comment, asking for skin care recs?!?
Sadly and astonishingly, I think a lot of women online, especially older women, who are Alex’s age or older, don’t quite understand how sophisticated beauty filters are now and how they work with live videos these days. Gone are the days of easy-to-tell, easy-to-glitch beauty filters but I think a lot of her followers really think she looks like this in real life. They certainly speak as if they do.

Look at these very recent comments on Alex’s latest TikTok
IMG_2578.jpeg

Yet look at the screenshot I took of what they’re complimenting :

IMG_2580.jpeg

Look how severely blurred & filtered her skin is when you zoom in! Yet she laps up the compliments and never offers honesty

IMG_2581.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
Filming herself this morning travelling to that style event for which she’s going to be a panel guest and even in this IG story, she can’t bear to film herself without a strong beauty filter, slimming down her jawline significantly.

IMG_2584.jpeg
IMG_2590.jpeg
IMG_2589.jpeg

Reactions: 1
I just don't understand it at all. Those photos look more like an anime character than a real life human. Also, how would putting an overly filtered photo of yourself into the world make you feel any better about yourself? Surely it must make her feel worse about herself, the contrast between the filtered images and how she really looks?

Reactions: 6
Alex’s own Instagram photos of herself from today (skinny face, dainty chin, slim jawline):
IMG_2637.jpeg

Images captured of Alex at the event by another woman:

IMG_2636.jpeg

---
I mean, geez, the difference between the first pic Alex put on her Instagram which she captured in the car on the way to this event and how she actually looks at the event from a third party camera is just not matching up is it?

IMG_2639.jpeg

---
It’s just frustrating that the woman whose images I’ve used, used a smoothing beauty filter to record Alex speaking. I would like to have seen the true texture of her skin.
---
I think her new fans on TikTok just wouldn’t imagine this is how she looks in person

IMG_2640.jpeg

---
That’s why it’s f**king annoying when she uses apps / filters to give herself extremely hollow, defined cheekbones on Instagram.
Those cheekbones she’s accepted tons of compliments for are absolute bullshit! They don’t exist and she’s all “Thank you!” when people say “Your cheekbones are amazing!”
The audacity of lapping up the compliments!

IMG_2642.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
I just don't understand why anyone would want to invite and accept fake compliments based on a version of themselves that is not remotely real

Reactions: 6
I just don't understand why anyone would want to invite and accept fake compliments based on a version of themselves that is not remotely real
It’s so strange and I’m serious when I say there’s something about this behaviour which feels very sad. I may wish I looked like 90s Christy Turlington or 2001 Angelina Jolie but I’d never use filters and apps to distort my face in order to look like a far-removed version of who I really am.
At the very least, how do you not have the intelligence and good sense to know how quickly and easily you’ll be caught out?! And it’s so embarrassing when people know you’re a wilful fraud!
Alex must have severe body dysmorphia that drives her to this extreme practice.

Another shot of Alex from another woman at today’s style panel discussion

IMG_2649.jpeg

You realise how much bulk she “shaves” off her lower face with her filters/apps

IMG_2650.jpeg

• Wow
She’s not an unattractive woman! I’d rate her so much more highly if she didn’t filter herself. Her skin is amazing in those ‘captured in the wild’ pics. She looks like a normal woman with great skin, and that’s actually aspirational for millions of women everywhere. You cannot aspire to be a heavily retouched, multi-filtered space raider.

Reactions: 4
Man, she does not give a flying f*ck about being authentic and honest.
After the photos I’ve shared from the event Alex attended earlier today, she’s just posted this selfie 14 mins ago 😂 And of course her features look snatched as hell and the chubby cheeks and heavy jawline are gone again.

IMG_2653.jpeg

---
A reminder of what she looked like without face shape altering filters earlier

IMG_2616.jpeg
IMG_2601.jpeg

---
The level of intentional deceit is just incredible. 😳 She gives zero fucks about reality.
I’d be MORTIFIED being this dishonest and trying to pass myself off as a much hotter, skinnier, younger looking woman.

In the photo with the red lip she’s just posted her neck so ridiculously skinny, absolutely shameless! Are there any ASA rules about advertising and filters? She’s not great at declaring her ads at the best of times, but this kind of fakery is so deceptive!

• Heart
In the photo with the red lip she’s just posted her neck so ridiculously skinny, absolutely shameless! Are there any ASA rules about advertising and filters? She’s not great at declaring her ads at the best of times, but this kind of fakery is so deceptive!
There seem to be a few articles online, many dated 2021 that suggest the ASA has stipulated that filters should not be applied to promote beauty products but so many influencers use beauty filters, it sure doesn't seem to be something that is being enforced.

https://britishbeautycouncil.com/asa-bans-misleading-filters/
---
It is bloody amazing to me how Alex will go to an event, and sit there speaking to a group of other influencers and other beauty industry professionals with Instagram accounts, knowing others are likely to take a picture of her or film her speaking, knowing they're just going to capture her true appearance and will most likely share those images on their own Instagram accounts BUT she will STILL filter and edit the crap out of her face without reservation or hesitation a few minutes or hours after attending these events.
Doesn't she ever fret over how those people she had mingled with in person will see her Instagram images from the same event they just attended and think, UM ... what in the actual f*ck?! How does she suddenly look like she lost 3 stones and aged backwards 15 years since I saw her 2 hours ago??? Isn't she embarrassed??? I marvel at how bold she is with her deception! She just bloody goes for it and is totally willing to deny it vehemently and gaslight everyone by implying they're just petty and jealous of her. What is going on inside her head?! 🤪🤯

Last edited:
  • Haha
You know, for a lot of people looking like Jodie Comer's continental cool auntie who's lived a little would be #goals but nope, she wants to look like a twenty-something Blade Runner 2049 android who'll be selling you insurance or tampons in future hologram ads instead. Just weird.

• Haha
  • Heart
Smouldering Instagram Alex: Don’t hate me because I’m model-beautiful, you guys. These cheekbones are genetic. I’m just blessed.
IMG_2678.jpeg

Alex at any live event:

IMG_2658.jpeg

• Haha
She’s ridiculous. If she looked in real life like she presents on Instagram - she’d be considered one of the great beauties and best preserved woman of her age ever. Which she’s not. It must be soul destroying for her when she isn’t recognised by someone in person who was expecting tik tok Alex!

Reactions: 7
She’s ridiculous. If she looked in real life like she presents on Instagram - she’d be considered one of the great beauties and best preserved woman of her age ever. Which she’s not. It must be soul destroying for her when she isn’t recognised by someone in person who was expecting tik tok Alex!
Do you think so? I don't think that the heavily filtered Alex is a great beauty. She is so distorted by the filters that she looks like an other worldly boiled egg.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I wouldn't go that far, the filtered Alex might have defined cheekbones etc but she looks so odd and very obviously fake. I don't know how any of her followers are fooled. I like to think they're not fooled and are just indulging her