Alex Steinherr

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've said it before, but she's a good-looking woman; handsome rather than dainty, which is probably what irks her, and she looks her age rather than fresh out of uni which I wish all beauty editors and instagrammers would realise is not a bad thing. She looks perfectly fine irl. But online she looks like a discarded initial sketch for an Avatar character. I just do not understand why she thinks that's the better option.
The “discarded initial sketch for an avatar character” line … 😆

I met her a few years ago in person, and she does have really good skin.

If you've known her from her Glamour days you might remember that she did a diet feature with the magazine (see this summary by the daily mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...Faddy-diets-fatter--did-woman-lose-stone.html ) and she's talked loads about being uncomfortable with her weight.

By her own admission, she gains weight on her face. I'm guessing she gained weight over lock down and feels really uncomfortable, and she'd rather have people say 'oh you filter' because the argument is that everyone does vs people saying 'wow, you gained weight' which would be much harder to deal with. I am not saying it's okay, but my guess is that's why.
I’ve seen her in person too. Skin is great in terms of no hyperpigmentation, no brown spots. Fantastically even toned skin and I don’t think anyone on here denies she has good skin BUT in person, what I saw and what so many videos on YouTube show is, her facial skin isn’t as taut, firm, and wrinkle free as she tries to present. She’s quite wrinkled around the eyes in person and has prominent nasolabial lines which she blurs/smooths out completely on her IG.

Wen she got really slim one year (see pic below), I thought her lower face shape - jaw area stayed the same but with less chubby cheeks :
F1BCF945-F8F4-4B4E-BA12-47494CDDA2AD.jpeg

because her heavy, longer jaw is down to natural bone structure but yes, excess weight does go straight to her cheeks like most of us but in my opinion, when she became her most slender self a few years ago, she did not suddenly have a heart-shaped 🖤 face and a little, delicate pointy chin.
She’s clearly very uncomfortable with how she really looks. I don’t like how I look either but I’d never use apps to make myself look 10-15 years younger, removing every wrinkle and all human skin texture and then have the cheek to say “I don’t blur or retouch my face!”

However you slice it, whether you’re for or against Alex as a personality, all evidence suggests she’s an actively dishonest person.
I know she clearly has insecurities and I can relate to that but I’d never present this super-enhanced beautified version of myself on social media and then insist it’s genuinely how I look in real life. She harps on about how she is just blessed with great skin but if she really thinks her skin is that great, why the extreme blurring?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
She definitely has great skin. You can see that in this facial masseuse’s video. She does have very healthy looking skin and is genetically blessed in that sense given that she confesses all the time to not being able to stay away from sugary treats. You do see her dining out quite indulgently quite a lot. Lots of desserts. So for her skin to glow the way it does is enviable.

8E7E91BD-7075-4905-8091-0A828DEE8BDC.jpeg
ED213A48-9F6D-4E55-B0F9-59EF2D3C7997.jpeg

But great skin aside, beauty filtering apps are being used heavily

How Alex looks whilst taking a selfie seen from a third person
54CA07B9-6E4F-436A-8C81-63B645800917.jpeg

and what she ends up posting from the very same moment

BB9E2113-DA57-4B2E-9564-8913BDE532BD.jpeg

The audacity. She is shameless with her face editing!

YET if you'd only ever seen the first photo, you'd think she was a very attractive woman with lovely eyes. Yet when you're presented with the second pic first and THEN you discover the first pic afterwards, it does make you think, Oh ... :oops: ... she's not as hot! Beauty filters seemed like such good, harmless fun when they first launched with SnapChat and even I used to spend a good hour just taking selfies with a beauty filter, thinking OMG I look freakin' awesome in these snaps! It feels really fun at first! BUT then you look in the mirror and think URGH, my skin isn't taut and flawless, why is my nose bigger than I thought? Why aren't my eyes doe-eyed and sparkling with long lashes? Why are my teeth yellower than I realised? Etc etc ... the self-loathing madness/sickness begins.

It really does get creepy. I used to interact on social media with this girl in America who was a friend of a mutual friend and we chatted via IG and she used to post SO many selfies of herself looking playful and pretty and when I was in Boston, she asked to meet up for lunch and I was SO shocked when she showed up looking 15 years older than what I was expecting with waaay more wrinkles and a much chubbier face than I was used to seeing on her Instagram. She told me a guy she met off Tinder was really annoyed when he met her in person and she ranted about how rude it was of him not to conceal his disappointment but as much as it sucks that the guy was rude, I can't deny I'd be pretty pissed off if I met a man who catfished me with false good looks only to realise he'd just been using beauty filters on himself.

These are strange times. I'd like to go back to the 90s please. 😁 Somehow dealing with heroin chic skinny waif supermodels on magazine covers didn't feel as detrimental to mental health and body image issues as social media does for teens today.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Too blurry again on today’s live.

I actually appreciated her Vitamin C serum recommendations as I’ve just finished my current Vit C serum and was agonising over which Vit C to buy next. Think I will give the Allies of Skin 20% Vit C a go as it has great online reviews.

Alex's skin was so smoothed out/blurred as usual but yet she explains how she wanted to film herself with the remaining daylight through her office window to show us the true colours of her make up but I can never see how make up colours and textures apply on her skin because she’s always over-lit and too blurred out. I appreciate Katie Jane Hughes’ tutorials because you can really see the make up colours and textures. When KJH applies a cream blusher or a little highlighter, you can really get a good look at how it sits on the skin. I can’t examine Alex’s videos for an accurate idea on how foundations and blushes look.

B9E1E486-1628-4BA6-86A0-444A91FFA42E.jpeg
9990F8F0-0466-4A55-A64C-42DFAF89506C.jpeg

Now THIS should be the kind of up close, crisp, high def video quality Alex - as someone who is known for having “amazing skin” - should be using. Alex has the money and access to be able to film herself with this kind of quality. Not the over lit, overly blurry videos we get.

That video above was of better, clearer quality but Tattle forced me to compress and select a “medium” quality in order to post it.
But yeah, seeing Alex’s IG Live yesterday, it’s just annoying when someone like Alex who talks A LOT about how they’re blessed with good skin never really shows you their skin in crisp, clear definition and always uses a strong smoothing filter.

Notice how she’s mentioned a few times, “Y’know … I’m not 22!” but unlike Samantha Chapman who was always very open about her age, Alex can’t seem to bring herself to confess how old she is.

She does not want to reveal the crows feet and cheek wrinkles she has. She wants to present as a 20-something
67D410C5-1C64-419B-B8A7-242DC229CE5E.jpeg

6D402754-BB62-41E4-A4DF-9EAF47F25496.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Now THIS should be the kind of up close, crisp, high def video quality Alex - as someone who is known for having “amazing skin” - should be using. Alex has the money and access to be able to film herself with this kind of quality. Not the over lit, overly blurry videos we get.

View attachment 1550514

That video above was of better, clearer quality but Tattle forced me to compress and select a “medium” quality in order to post it.
But yeah, seeing Alex’s IG Live yesterday, it’s just annoying when someone like Alex who talks A LOT about how they’re blessed with good skin never really shows you their skin in crisp, clear definition and always uses a strong smoothing filter.

Notice how she’s mentioned a few times, “Y’know … I’m not 22!” but unlike Samantha Chapman who was always very open about her age, Alex can’t seem to bring herself to confess how old she is.

She does not want to reveal the crows feet and cheek wrinkles she has. She wants to present as a 20-something
View attachment 1550586

View attachment 1550590
Shes the biggest skincare catfish going 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 2
It’s so ridiculous that we are supposed to believe she went from looking like she does in the first pic (which is a still from a YouTube video she did 5 whole years ago) to how she looks in today’s boring Sunday Facial video.
C1E565A3-41B9-425E-B517-4549652B87EB.jpeg

Too blurry again on today’s live.

I actually appreciated her Vitamin C serum recommendations as I’ve just finished my current Vit C serum and was agonising over which Vit C to buy next. Think I will give the Allies of Skin 20% Vit C a go as it has great online reviews.

Alex's skin was so smoothed out/blurred as usual but yet she explains how she wanted to film herself with the remaining daylight through her office window to show us the true colours of her make up but I can never see how make up colours and textures apply on her skin because she’s always over-lit and too blurred out. I appreciate Katie Jane Hughes’ tutorials because you can really see the make up colours and textures. When KJH applies a cream blusher or a little highlighter, you can really get a good look at how it sits on the skin. I can’t examine Alex’s videos for an accurate idea on how foundations and blushes look.

View attachment 1549908View attachment 1549909
Her eyebrows….

Her eyebrows….

According to the Botox experts I’ve seen on TikTok, “Spock brows” are a result of poorly positioned Botox. She did admit recently to having botox in her forehead.

I think she looks so odd - esp the eyes - in this screenshot from yesterday’s Sunday facial. It’s when the beauty filter is so strong she starts to look animated.
Yet she has enough “fans” who really think she looks like this. At least that’s what their compliments and praise suggest.
How I wish commenters could insert images with their comments.
I would be so tempted to leave a comment with a pic she was tagged in from an event in May where she looks drastically different because it’s completely unfiltered.
C7C5D8B2-7DCA-4C02-AC96-59B9B6719196.jpeg

Even professional shoots get photoshopped

34EF3A3E-CA83-402D-9A97-B35770AFE7D3.jpeg

How are ppl not calling her out for this tit
I wish other content creators would call her out because anyone who mentions her beauty filters in her social media comments section seem to get deleted and blocked.🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
The length of her chin/jaw area changes drastically from when she’s got her head in the sink being washed to when her perpetually dry, slightly frizzy hair is being styled in the chair.
F321D496-00F8-478D-BBD7-56EA68DC65A3.jpeg
35FA6402-8EBF-422E-961F-6747FD78306C.jpeg

And again, suddenly her lower face is much shorter between these two pics yet they were both taken during the same hair styling session. 🤔🙄
9D8413D2-CDAC-49F4-8919-63EE7C1CBDA7.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
She must have chronic neck pain from sticking out her chin so much 😭
I almost feel sorry for her because this level of insecurity and/or self-consciousness must be exhausting. I mean, I do understand the pressure we all feel - especially as women - to look our best in public domain photos. As someone who is also prone to feeling self-conscious when people want to take photos of me for social media - I've untagged myself from many hideous Facebook photos posted by so-called "friends" 😜 - I do understand and sympathise with the pressure women feel to look as young and as aesthetically pleasing as possible. When we see incredibly beautiful women on our social media feeds every single day, yeah, it's a challenge not to cringe at or feel disappointed in how we look on camera.

I just struggle to tolerate Alex's blatant, wilful dishonesty about using filters and face-shape altering apps. The fact that she can't even edit her avatar face consistently in all her IG posts yet will speak of people who call her out as if they're crazy, jealous or "reaching" is annoying.

Seriously, twice now I've seen her make a statement about how she knows from experience, that with the right skincare, you really can achieve skin flawless, glass skin, adding something like, so you don't even need beauty filters because you can get your skin looking that good for real! SAYS THE WOMAN WHO USES A BEAUTY FILTER IN EVERY. F*CKING. POST.

Even with my own set of insecurities, I would never dream of blurring my skin so heavily and altering the shape of my features in every single social media post and THEN keep posting statements about how frustrating it is for me to be unfairly accused of using beauty filters; insisting I am a natural flawless beauty, that I really look this flawless in real life and that haters gonna hate etc etc. Just imagining myself being so intentionally dishonest makes me feel ashamed. I don't know how she lives with herself.

I'm still annoyed about when she posted a filtered selfie calling it "taken in harsh daylight" when it wasn't taken in **harsh** lighting AT ALL and she was STILL using a filtered selfie as evidence that she doesn't filter her selfies! Shameless! The audacity is bordering on comical and it's unreal. 🤯
That was the selfie that accompanied her thoughts on what she called "blame culture" in reaction to being accused of using filters. She just won't back down and admit the truth. She has such disdain for anyone who dares to suggest she smooths/blurs her skin. Well, right back atcha, Alex.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Skin is one thing, changing the entire bone structure of your head with filters is a whole other lie.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Today’s TikTok from Alex.
Don’t you just love her caption about achieving “glass skin” when she’s clearly using a smoothing beauty filter in the video. Look at the bloody forehead. It’s smoothed out heavily.

Alex has great skin quality in real life for a 40-something but she does not have “glass skin” that is completely wrinkle-free and poreless in person. At least not when I saw her in London up close. If she had skin as amazing as she claims, I’d be raving about her skin on social media and begging her for advice regularly.

56964AD8-3B18-40B8-B9C0-55C7C9F37417.jpeg

Her channel should be revoked for the crap she's pushing, that's straight out dishonesty.

Reactions: 4
Her channel should be revoked for the crap she's pushing, that's straight out dishonesty.
Brands do not seem to give a tit. If you go to her tagged photos/videos on both IG and TikTok, brands like Babyliss, Augustinus Bader and a whole bunch of other expensive skincare brands have actually reposted her heavily filtered brand partnership videos. Personally, if I had a skincare brand, I would not want someone who abuses beauty filters like Alex promoting my products.
As I mentioned once before, I hope the UK follows what I read Norway are aiming to do; make it the law that content creators declare use of beauty filters. Although, I can't see how it could be adequately reinforced.

• Heart
Reactions: 5