Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Wifo1976

VIP Member
I dislike commenting on peoples looks, but seriously, she looks like a mannequin! She looks lovely and fine IRL. She’s a similar age to me and I’d love to see her using products in 40 plus skin.
How has she not been called out? She has to be the worse one for this, surely the ASA could get involved as clearly the products used are filtered so not a true effect??

Reactions: 8
I had the pleasure of working alongside her many years ago - when she was a ‘plus size model’ Truly one of the most unpleasant people I’ve ever encountered

• Wow
  • Angry

AllAboutTheMayhem

VIP Member
Thing is, even if a woman of her age has the most amazing skin in the world, it still has texture. Funnily enough just like it does when we see a picture of her in the wild.

Influencers seem to have positioned themselves so that anyone who questions them is a bully or a troll and they cannot be expected to be accountable for their relentless lies particularly when using extreme filtering when advertising beauty / skincare products!
I have no idea why it’s okay. Probably because they’re all at it. And the beauty / skincare companies are fundamentally about making money so do they care if an influencer lies?
What happen to that Sasha woman who did “filter drop” or whatever it was?

Calabria

VIP Member
Technically no makeup, but her brows look microbladed, her lashes look like she’s had an LVL, she’s probably had all of the facial treatments under the sun, and I’m sorry but it looks like she’s wearing something on her lips.

Nice try.

Hasanah123

VIP Member
Why are ppl in the industry so scared to call her out when they would have been calling others out already?!?!

FiltersGoneWild

I don’t know why she uses filters. This pic is from someone else’s account at today’s NipFab PR lunch and it seems the lady who took this pic didn’t apply a strong beauty filter and we can see Alex’s skin looks good without strong blurring/smoothing filters. She genuinely has good skin and I prefer photos of this quality.

2E1CA2D4-A01A-4695-9735-3EF41BD67A6E.jpeg

Alex’s selfie on the way to the event is of course more filtered.

A7CB6460-6B8B-4D7A-BEFB-14DD80ABC08C.jpeg

How did this gentleman eat the free PR lunch with those nails? 😂

65C4EFE9-92BB-4F91-81EC-5B8B2400D3F7.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

WTFness

Liars are ugly so to me so is she, she can fk off with her little filters and stories where she pretends she's doing a one man magazine photoshoot. This woman is delusional and hearing that she's awful to work with is not surprising. Eww.
Alex is a shameless liar.

The ridiculously filtered/edited images on her IG continue today
C49417CA-B933-4F82-A201-EFECF1C40B5C.jpeg
858C0893-D8E0-4EF9-9B12-471D7906A9ED.jpeg
FE5FEE9F-A622-4D57-BA25-317190EF477A.jpeg

---
The truly remarkable facial shape shifting powers of Alex’s lower face.

60061D19-A6CA-4630-8E42-E579BA907825.jpeg
D0C9FBC8-25BB-40A1-9ADF-6201F3B5CBEF.jpeg
3CC44417-3578-4F8C-89C1-B43E99586C57.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow

Callan

VIP Member
She's hunching to be smaller, I used to do that wen I was 12 and was a head taller than all my classmates, I wanted to disappear as I felt like a weirdo (plus I just came to America from Poland and I have a long ass weird name lol, wasn't easy)... she's so confident when she's faking her videos looking like a conehead but in person she like bites her lip, hunches and tries to vanish into her way oversized clothes.

• Heart

WTFness

I think she indirectly invites curiosity about her age BECAUSE during her lives,
She needs help, this isnt normal, the way the rest of her community would have already called this shit out if it was an influencer but she gets a pass?!?! She must truly shock people who see her in real life

Hope she gets the therapy she needs
I am rather astonished by how widely Alex's abuse of beauty filters and face editing apps goes under the radar. I am also wondering why she gets a free pass because many other influencers would be called out left, right and centre for this sort of practice.

It seems Alex just can't bear to present her appearance as it is. I get it. The pressure to look young is immense but neither I nor any of my friends would go to such extreme lengths of dishonest practice to pretend on social media to make ourselves look 20-something.

I don't think Alex will ever talk about perimenopause in any capacity and how it's affecting her hair or skin like many other content creators her age are right now. Alex can't stomach the idea of anybody knowing her age, period. It's all suggestive of a very insecure personality.

I’m 37 and getting older scares me 🫣
I miss my 37 year old face. :giggle: My face was holding up quite nicely until last year. Last year at 44-going on-45 is when I started to notice laxity in my skin and my eyelids are beginning to sag a little although, if I get a really good night's sleep, it's not so bad. I'm still comfortable with my physical appearance right now. Let's see what I say at 50! :sneaky:

I refuse to be ashamed of how long I've lived. I'm only scared of suffering with disease. I do dread the idea of my health declining too sooner than I'd hope to the degree I can't be self-sufficient. As long as I can bathe myself, walk with relative ease and not have to depend on anyone to take care of my basic needs, I don't mind ageing and I don't mind everyone knowing how old I am.

But ageing is a privilege. In my life, two of my classmates died before I'd left secondary school. I lost a friend during my early 20s. An old classmate died at 37 from cervical cancer so I'm thrilled to still be here at 46.

My mother would always tell people her age and add an extra year on to milk compliments.

I think Alex indirectly invites curiosity about her age during her LIVE chat sessions BECAUSE she declares quite repetitively that she has exceptionally good skin. "I'm lucky. I have REALLY good skin" "The reason why I have such good skin ....." etc etc

So I think it's quite natural for people to want to know how old she is to gauge just how impressed they should be by the condition of her complexion. Also, like I said, she is often mentioning in passing, "I'm not 22 anymore ..." or "I'm not 25 anymore ..." and it just stirs up curiosity.

Actually, during the TIKTOK Live last evening, it was weird when she said something in particular. People kept asking her about retinols and she suddenly became rather impassioned, expressing how she does not use retinols ONLY peptides. She said "You do NOT need to use retinols to have good skin!" and when someone said, "That's not what dermatologists say!" Alex appeared a bit defensive, took a big breath like she was about to launch into a rant and then she stopped herself and said, "Y'know what? I was about to say something not cool. Yeah, I want to say something that is not cool ..." but she just took a moment and calmed herself and just went with, "Listen .... I'm just going to say it ... I have REALLY GOOD SKIN." and then she explained that her skin is remarkably good and she's living proof that perhaps "actives" like retinol and AHA acids are not the answer.

Anyway, just felt like sharing that tidbit. Maybe she's right. She absolutely does have very good skin. She said she's never had acne in her life which I envy because I had terrible acne in my 20s.

I so wish she had just said the "not cool" statement she was on the brink of blurting out but she stopped herself. I am wondering if she was going to say something a bit catty like "I have better skin than all the other skincare influencers and I'm the ONLY one that doesn't promote acids and retinols". I just got the feeling that she was leading up to saying something like that but she stopped herself and admitted what she was almost about to blurt out would not have been "cool".

Last edited:
  • Heart

expatfancy

Chatty Member
She also claims she has no botox but I just don’t believe she can have such a smooth forehead without it at 44!!

WTFness

A wild Alex appears...working with Sali Hughes at Liberty London today. Should be interesting, not least because of possible (real life! 😄) photos.
View attachment 2697416View attachment 2697417
The pics she hasn’t taken herself always show what a full face with chubby cheeks she has. Not the super pointy, gaunt hollow cheekbones face she showcases on IG & Tik Tok
---
She must absolutely hate having photos taken that she has no control over. Why doesn’t anyone on sm ever point out the glaring differences? How can she still be that influential isn’t she just an influencer now?
My first thought when another person posts their own pics and videos of Alex is, my gosh, she must get so nervous when other people - especially other influencers - post unedited images of her. Her coping strategy is often to lift up the chin high or conceal it with her hands or a scarf.
---
The close ups - wish it wasn’t blurry.

IMG_7793.jpeg
IMG_7792.jpeg

---
But Instagram Alex never has remotely chubby cheeks.
IMG_7800.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick

WTFness

😁
Someone needs to start a tiktok exposing her bullshit
I've fantasised about creating a TikTok account exposing her dishonest use of filters but

a) I don't have the technical skills or patience to do it well or at least, it would take me bloody ages to figure out editing, sound etc

b) I pathetically wonder if she will use her connections to uncover my true identity and sue me for slander. 😱 I don't know what the possible legal implications are or what the potential backlash could be. Seriously, you just never know the consequences or how people will react. They may be all "Leave her alone! Why do you even care? Just scroll on if you don't like her videos!" which is a valid point, I suppose.

c) I feel I have created enough bad karma as it is for myself from posting about Alex the way I do on Tattle and starting a TikTok account devoted to "bringing her down" will just make me uneasy that I may attract excessive levels of bad, negative energy into my life. It's bad enough I'm here, shaming her but it's such a strong compulsion because I just find her persistent denial of using beauty filters so outrageously cheeky and unethical and just not cool.
When I see her getting paid to promote skincare and lapping up praise for her "amazing skin" and how young she looks, it just feels annoying AF and I come to Tattle as an emotional outlet for how Alex's extreme catfishing irks me. It's like Tattle is a support group for people who find her dishonest practices maddening but have no one else to talk to about it.😁

d) She appears to have very loyal followers and industry colleagues who are determined to praise her/her "perfect skin" no matter what and they'll probably trash me and accuse me of being jealous. Alex is very friendly with Nikki Wolff, Hung Vanggo, Patrick Ta, Lisa Eldridge and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and I think they'd defend her rather fiercely.

Fun fact. I actually love Hung Vanggo's make-up skills but I notice he's just as bad as Alex, using extreme retouching on his celebrity clients' images. He has filtered, retouched and altered facial features so heavily, the likes of Selena Gomez or Rose Byrne don't even look like themselves so one day, more than five years ago, I left a comment saying, "Hung, I think you're very talented and I love the makeup you do but I think you use beauty filters too heavily sometimes and I can't see any natural human skin texture at all." He BLOCKED ME! He and Alex are very friendly and I guess they are all about beauty filters. I guess the beauty industry is just based on presenting unrealistic beauty standards no matter what. It feels like everyone has body dysmorphia to some degree.

But yeah, can't deny I'd gain some satisfaction from Alex being publicly called out for her catfishing.

I'd love to see someone confront her in front of a crowd at one of her public appearances for brand promotions at Harrods or Selfridges. Just for someone with the balls I don't have, to stand up and say, "I need to address the elephant in the room ...." hold up an iPad showing her heavily beauty-filtered images and videos and continue, "What I see standing before me right now just isn't the same woman shown in these images taken from your Instagram account. It is clear to me you have edited your face so drastically to appear slimmer and younger - you've even changed your face shape drastically and yet you have taken to Instagram a few times to deny that you retouch your images. Once and for all, will you admit, Ms Steinherr, that you retouch your images quite heavily?" Man, wouldn't you just LOVE to see how Alex would react and attempt to defend herself when cornered like that? To walk up to her and hold up one of her heavily retouched Instagram photos on an iPad and hold it right next to her face for the live audience to see and say "See, everyone?! How is this the same woman?!"
Mind you, if Alex suddenly burst into tears and ran off crying, I'd probably feel awful about it.

Alex has doubled down on this issue so often on social media even when there is overwhelming evidence against her so I wonder if she'd still continue to double down in a public discussion? I seriously think she might still stick to her guns and cry out, "I NEVER use filters or edit my face! I'm just retaining a lot of water in my lower face today and the lighting in here is very harsh!"

Anyway, that's enough WattPad / fan fiction writing from me for now. 🤪

• Haha

expatfancy

Chatty Member
I’ve always wondered why she doesn’t seem to be ‘friends’ with the other skincare/makeup gurus on instagram like the chapman sisters, salí hughes etc. They never mention her. She must be a talking point amongst the regulars because everyone knows she doesn’t look anything like what she portrays on her instagram

WTFness

I know I’m a hater on this forum and praising Alex isn’t my schtick, but I genuinely don’t understand why she does this with her tongue so much. Like, why? I take my eye make up off like this but my tongue just rests normally in my mouth. 🤷‍♀️

IMG_5208.jpeg
IMG_5209.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick

WTFness

I would have thought a brand like Strivectin would think twice before associating with such blatant fakery, but…

View attachment 2748997
So many brands hire Alex that it’s abundantly clear to me they don’t care that she presents a CGI face.
---
I can’t get over how much her hair looks like a wig.

View attachment 2748494
Her forehead & hairline just look peculiarly wig-like. I can’t believe how egg-like her face is in her Instagram content.

IMG_8251.jpeg
IMG_8254.jpeg

---
Alex’s forehead would’ve been such a hit in different time period.

IMG_8450.jpeg

IMG_8452.jpeg
IMG_8453.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad