Zoe Sugg #40 Named her baby Ottilie Rue but we'll still call her Pay, thank you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So much for not exploiting the kid. I know she's not been in any #ADs yet, but there is NO need to post about her full nappies for your millions of followers to see. I might actually legitimately stop following Zoe if she becomes one of those people.

Reactions: 16
So much for not exploiting the kid. I know she's not been in any #ADs yet, but there is NO need to post about her full nappies for your millions of followers to see. I might actually legitimately stop following Zoe if she becomes one of those people.
She’s probably posted it in the hope that like pampers will send her a lifetime supply of nappies for free 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 15
That filter on the baby is awful, it makes her look unwell
Neither one of them can go without their bleeping Bahamas and brown sugar and not apparently frostbitten filters. They're so vain but don't realize the filters make them look ridiculous and incredibly old and weathered. My grandma used to say 'Rode hard and put up wet'. That's exactly what they always look like with these filters but they're both too stupid to figure it out. They look 1000x better without these filters.

Now they're extending their obsession with filters to their daughter. Nothing like starting a lifetime of feeling inadequate and having image issues from a young age!

Reactions: 20
Neither one of them can go without their bleeping Bahamas and brown sugar and not apparently frostbitten filters. They're so vain but don't realize the filters make them look ridiculous and incredibly old and weathered. My grandma used to say 'Rode hard and put up wet'. That's exactly what they always look like with these filters but they're both too stupid to figure it out. They look 1000x better without these filters.

Now they're extending their obsession with filters to their daughter. Nothing like starting a lifetime of feeling inadequate and having image issues from a young age!
Imagine Pay looking through her baby pics when she's older to find everyone looks either like an orange old shoe or a corpse.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Again she’s getting critiqued for looking too put together in the reel and now critiqued showing the baby peed on her…. When she shows the ugly reality of parenting a little one it’s still critical like oh well the nappy must have been left on her too long… this really is turning into mumsnet.

So much questionable stuff Zoella and her numpty boyfriend have done. Yet it seems like we’re picking hairs here.

Personally I’m waiting for her to find her feet and start being the unlikable know it all we all love to hate. The condescending cackle at Mark holding her wrong, and the upcoming complaints that she’s Sooo heavy poor weak Zoe can’t carry her. For now there isn’t really anything to lay into her about in my books. She’s been pretty guarded about what she’s posting.

Reactions: 23
I don't care about the nappy leaking or why it happened - newborns are constantly ejecting fluid of some sort, and nappies are hard to get the hang of when it's all new (assuming Zoe has changed one). I think a lot of us have an issue with her posting this "ugly reality" because she's a public figure posting a picture of her daughter wet with urine, that is available on the Internet for anyone including her daughter and her daughter's classmates to find one day. There is just no need for the image.

Yes, it's relatable but she can mention it in passing without the photo.

But yesss, bring on classic mean girl, pathetic princess peahead Zoe. It will come.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Again she’s getting critiqued for looking too put together in the reel and now critiqued showing the baby peed on her…. When she shows the ugly reality of parenting a little one it’s still critical like oh well the nappy must have been left on her too long… this really is turning into mumsnet.

So much questionable stuff Zoella and her numpty boyfriend have done. Yet it seems like we’re picking hairs here.

Personally I’m waiting for her to find her feet and start being the unlikable know it all we all love to hate. The condescending cackle at Mark holding her wrong, and the upcoming complaints that she’s Sooo heavy poor weak Zoe can’t carry her. For now there isn’t really anything to lay into her about in my books. She’s been pretty guarded about what she’s posting.
Nobody wants to see her babies wee. She could of discussed it in a video. Not post a picture for millions of people to see, it will be embarrassing for her child when she’s older and sees things like this have been posted, I know I would be

• Heart
Reactions: 27
just caught up, what exactly is "mum shaming"?? she does not deserve special treatment or have no right to be criticised just because she birthed a child out of her vagina. literally millions of women in the world are doing it 😂 she is exactly the same person she was before she got pregnant, so i see no harm in criticising or judging her exactly how we were before.

yes some people are nitpicky, tattle in general is extremely petty and nitpicky, why do people bother coming on here if they're offended, it's so stupid

her reel was forced and unnatural and dont get started on alfie's posts, theyre both insufferable

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Personally I won't stand for anyone exploiting their child online. IDGAF about her "finding her feet" or whatever, don't post about your baby having a too full diaper. Zoe and most of us posting here were lucky enough to grow up without being blasted all over the internet. I definitely thought Zoe would be decent enough to not exploit her child.

We all knew Alfie would be a gross exploitative mess, but Zoe? I actually had hopes for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Personally I won't stand for anyone exploiting their child online. IDGAF about her "finding her feet" or whatever, don't post about your baby having a too full diaper. Zoe and most of us posting here were lucky enough to grow up without being blasted all over the internet. I definitely thought Zoe would be decent enough to not exploit her child.

We all knew Alfie would be a gross exploitative mess, but Zoe? I actually had hopes for her.
I think a previous poster (sorry, I'm too tiiiiiiiny to scroll back) got it right when they said Zoe loves to humiliate and laugh at others. I think there'll be a lot more to come about poo explosions, and we'll probably get photos of those too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Personally I think it’s awful she’s posted a picture of her newborn’s full nappy/wee stain. I work in education and have done too much training on safeguarding to see that and think “some absolute bleeping weirdos are going to have access to that that really really shouldn’t have access to that”. I know that’s brutal and I really really hope bringing it up isn’t offensive. But there are just too many sickos out there and the fact she is a public figure and has posted that to millions of people just makes my stomach churn.
Feel like I should add that obviously Zoe hasn’t done this on purpose and is doing it to be relatable etc etc etc but uuuughhh whyyyyy would you do itttttt

Reactions: 42

Yel

Nobody wants to see her babies wee. She could of discussed it in a video. Not post a picture for millions of people to see, it will be embarrassing for her child when she’s older and sees things like this have been posted, I know I would be
I think the "she can't win" argument is silly. She can easily do relatable mum content without sharing photos of a bodily function.

All the posts complaining that it's boring and like Mumsnet just compound the issue, talk about what you want to talk about and scroll on by if a topic is boring!🤦‍♀️

Some do seem to think once someone becomes a mum all talk of them should be positive 😶. I wish they'd go police twitter or daily mail articles to shame people for expressing an opinion on a mum social media influencer and stop reading tattle if they're triggered.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Personally I think it’s awful she’s posted a picture of her newborn’s full nappy/wee stain. I work in education and have done too much training on safeguarding to see that and think “some absolute bleeping weirdos are going to have access to that that really really shouldn’t have access to that”. I know that’s brutal and I really really hope bringing it up isn’t offensive. But there are just too many sickos out there and the fact she is a public figure and has posted that to millions of people just makes my stomach churn.
Feel like I should add that obviously Zoe hasn’t done this on purpose and is doing it to be relatable etc etc etc but uuuughhh whyyyyy would you do itttttt
Some people really do not think before sharing what they do. I do not understand influencers that share images of their child at all on SM. I have a small following (friends and family) and still would not share images online if I had a child. Even with a private IG, once you post your image, FB owns it and can sell it to whoever they want. I have read some absolute horror stories of people's children's images being shared to advertise horrific stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Shes out for a iced hot choc with Alfie and Joe
No offence to anyone in here (since new members take everything personal) but the fact she gets iced hot chocs honestly makes me lol. It’s like a child trying to role-play an adult 😂
Edit: before we get back on to the coffee debate a good few threads back; no, I didn’t say you have to drink coffee to be an adult. Just find iced hot choccys for anyone over the age of 18 funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don't care about the nappy leaking or why it happened - newborns are constantly ejecting fluid of some sort, and nappies are hard to get the hang of when it's all new (assuming Zoe has changed one). I think a lot of us have an issue with her posting this "ugly reality" because she's a public figure posting a picture of her daughter wet with urine, that is available on the Internet for anyone including her daughter and her daughter's classmates to find one day. There is just no need for the image.

Yes, it's relatable but she can mention it in passing without the photo.

But yesss, bring on classic mean girl, pathetic princess peahead Zoe. It will come.
You are so right! I was on Lily Pebbles thread the other day literally saying how off it seemed her posting pics of her daughters new knickers like an invasion of her privacy. Where her daughter is a toddler it was more jarring to me then with a new born. It’s easy to forget that babies turn into teens who get bullied for far less then an old snap of their wee on their mum. Personally if I had kids I would be very very selective of anything to do with them that I would post on social and I only have 200 followers, if I had millions….Jeez I’d be worried to post anything at all!
To me it’s good she’s showing the less glamourous side of new time mum but would be better if not at the potential future embarrassment of her baby. She must have enough going on with her own body right now and yet she’s posting shots showing her daughter having an accident…imagining the cackle of ‘Ottie wee’d on me’ like she used to go on about Nala and her anal fluid!
Mean girl Zoe is already rearing her head I suppose …

• Heart
Reactions: 9
To me it’s good she’s showing the less glamourous side of new time mum but would be better if not at the potential future embarrassment of her baby. She must have enough going on with her own body right now and yet she’s posting shots showing her daughter having an accident…imagining the cackle of ‘Ottie wee’d on me’ like she used to go on about Nala and her anal fluid!
Mean girl Zoe is already rearing her head I suppose …
She can show the less glamorous side of being a new mum without having to involve the baby at all, but she wouldn’t do that and let herself be the focal point of the embarrassment.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.