Zoe Sugg #37 Second coming of Christ is on the brink, quick get her an aff link!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They have a Cybex Priam travel system, unsure if it was gifted though.

Just my opinion but I think throwing yourself your own baby shower is the most self-centred, attention-seeking and grabby thing 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m actually a bit embarrassed on their behalf.
Unpopular opinion but I don’t see anything wrong with throwing yourself a baby shower. It’s a lot better than putting the burden on someone else anyways especially since Zoe and Alfie are rich millionaires. I was watching Jenn Im’s vlog and she organized her own baby shower as well, it’s not that uncommon these days. Also, this isn’t to defend Zoe but your first pregnancy only happens once in a lifetime, of course she’s going to make a big deal about it - to me that is not attention-seeking or self-centred at all. Although I have never been pregnant so maybe my point of view is different from those of you who are mums.

Reactions: 27
Unpopular opinion but I don’t see anything wrong with throwing yourself a baby shower. It’s a lot better than putting the burden on someone else anyways especially since Zoe and Alfie are rich millionaires. I was watching Jenn Im’s vlog and she organized her own baby shower as well, it’s not that uncommon these days. Also, this isn’t to defend Zoe but your first pregnancy only happens once in a lifetime, of course she’s going to make a big deal about it - to me that is not attention-seeking or self-centred at all. Although I have never been pregnant so maybe my point of view is different from those of you who are mums.
I'm a mum and I actually think baby showers in general are rather tacky. It's nice for people to give you gifts for the baby or you as a prospective parent, but it's never sat right for me to force people to give gifts. Especially when you consider, as you say, Zoe and Alfie are rich millionaires. Since she's been pregnant, they have both been transparently begging businesses (even local small businesses) for freebies they could easily afford.

It's a weird one because the way Zoe worded it, they were having their last party before they have a baby. That sounded like a gathering with friends and family, no mention of it being baby related. Now it turns out to be a shower.

I don't have a problem with people organising their own baby showers but these two doing it with everything probably gifted and an #ad or two thrown in as well as getting extravagant gifts from guests? It's just naff.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I personally think baby showers, bridal showers or any of the like are tacky as hell. Sorry, that might be an unpopular opinion, but I find any scenario where you are personally celebrating something and want to host an event to focus on that and expect gifts from everyone just weird. I guess in that sense, that's why I can more understand a family member choosing to throw one for you, but when you do it yourself is just seems narcissistic beyond belief - inline with Zoe and Alfie IMO lol.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I personally think baby showers, bridal showers or any of the like are tacky as hell. Sorry, that might be an unpopular opinion, but I find any scenario where you are personally celebrating something and want to host an event to focus on that and expect gifts from everyone just weird. I guess in that sense, that's why I can more understand a family member choosing to throw one for you, but when you do it yourself is just seems narcissistic beyond belief - inline with Zoe and Alfie IMO lol.
I agree I think they’re tacky and also really rude it’s literally a party just to ask for gifts. The person who the party is for is the one who decided to have a baby, I don’t think they should then throw a party to ask their friends and family to have to buy gifts for the baby… it’s different if friends or family offer to buy a gift. But having a full party which is just to get gifts is unnecessary!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I agree I think they’re tacky and also really rude it’s literally a party just to ask for gifts. The person who the party is for is the one who decided to have a baby, I don’t think they should then throw a party to ask their friends and family to have to buy gifts for the baby… it’s different if friends or family offer to buy a gift. But having a full party which is just to get gifts is unnecessary!
Exactly! You chose to have a baby, stop being beggy and expecting everyone else to reward you for that. If people want to send gifts (which they no doubt will) then of course that is lovely, but it's not a gift if it's expected or requested. We've become so Americanised and feel the need to be so boasty about everything, like even fancy engagement photoshoots or gender reveal etc. It's all so weird to me. I don't think they are inherently wrong or people are 'bad' for doing it, I just don't get why people think anyone other than them and maybe their family cares lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Not to mention guests will automatically feel pressured to bring gifts, because even though it’s completely fair enough to not bring one no one wants to be the one that doesn’t.

Reactions: 11
I've seen another youtuber recently had a baby, she had 2 baby showers, one for the boys and one for the girls and another party for the gender reveal, this was just after a huge wedding and admitting they put gifts on a wedding list because they were expensive. So unnecessary.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Not to mention guests will automatically feel pressured to bring gifts, because even though it’s completely fair enough to not bring one no one wants to be the one that doesn’t.
Especially with Zoe, no one will dare insult the Princess and god knows she has high standards. I'd rock up with a rainbow coloured glittery outfit from a supermarket just to piss her off tbh, oh and the LOUDEST toys 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Aldi's eyes on sexy Di all day while bloaty sluggella slumps around on a lounge chair barking orders at everyone
You mean barking orders at everyone to 'feel the baby moving'.
View attachment 690738
Aldi is ready for the babyshower (baby party? as Zoe called it)
I bet a bunch of those are for his mum.

Hmmm difference is Zoe makes a big deal out of EVERYTHING. Birthdays Christmases, Easter, Halloween.

Reactions: 8
Especially with Zoe, no one will dare insult the Princess and god knows she has high standards. I'd rock up with a rainbow coloured glittery outfit from a supermarket just to piss her off tbh, oh and the LOUDEST toys 🤣
Some F&F Tesco baby clothes and a brightly coloured plastic toy that won’t go with her beige and poo colour palette 😂!!

I had a baby shower - but it was my first child and my sister organised it so it felt more like an excuse to have a party really. The gifts were nice but not expected at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm hoping Dianne has been in her craft box and made some of her god awful crafts. We know Joe's tighter that Zoella so will be desperate for them to not buy anything

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I read your first sentence then got sidetracked and was starting to compose a message about Jenn Im but realised you beat me to it :D

Reactions: 2
I'm hoping Dianne has been in her craft box and made some of her god awful crafts. We know Joe's tighter that Zoella so will be desperate for them to not buy anything
Lets be honest, whatever she makes, Aldo will agree with zOeLlA and say it's shite, but he'll take it and hide it in his secret sex dungeon under his house 🤣🤣🔥🔥

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I'm just hoping the torrential rain and high winds will hit that tent and ruin their awful show of entitlement.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Well, it's twenty to two and Zoe still hasn't uploaded anything on Instagram stories. How odd...
I was just thinking the exact same thing.. haven’t seen as much as a ‘here’s my outfit for my impromptu party (baby shower) that *insert clothing company* kindly #gifted haha’.. maybe it rained to much and their tent collapsed 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I was just thinking the exact same thing.. haven’t seen as much as a ‘here’s my outfit for my impromptu party (baby shower) that *insert clothing company* kindly #gifted haha’.. maybe it rained to much and their tent collapsed 🤷🏼‍♀️
Praying that just no one turned up 😂. Unfortunately with the Deyes family being so far up her TEEENY hole that they’re touching her small intestine, they’d never do that to her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Holly isn't there, from her IG stories it looks like she's on holiday. Do you think Zoe has requested a no posting baby shower as no one so far have posted anything.

Reactions: 13
Holly isn't there, from her IG stories it looks like she's on holiday. Do you think Zoe has requested a no posting baby shower as no one so far have posted anything.
Mark posted on his story 3 hours ago with the caption ‘special day today 🥺🥺’ which seems really odd to me if he was going to her baby shower, I don’t think he’d say that 🤔 I don’t know why she would have said no posting though

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.