Zanna van Dijk #15 Gives financial advice & says to invest, but doesn’t even own the #gifted ‘nest’ 🙃

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a financial journalist. I would class a press dinner as one hosted by someone else, usually in my field an asset manager, or a service provider, to which a lot of journalists are invited, along with PR people. There is typically a talk, a panel discussion, something along those lines. There is never a plus one.

Going to Duck and Waffle with your boyfriend isn’t a press dinner.
Oh interesting. I didn't take a screen grab but one of the Stories relating to the waffling duck said they were there for someone's app launch. It makes sense then to call it a press dinner. But not the following night when it was just her and A(u)nt.

I follow the Doctor‘s kitchen on Instagram and Dr Rupy Aujla posted on his stories ‘celebrating the launch of my new app with friends‘ and he tagged Zanna and the Duck and Waffle in it. So for him it was a dinner with friends and for her it was a press dinner? 🤔😂
She did say in one Story it was for the app launch, I just didn't see how it was relevant at the time so didn't screenshot. If it wasn't for @OatMatchaLatte 's comment I wouldn't know the difference anyway.

*** New vlog. Surprised it's not called "wholesome"
1643538314541.png

Oh no, she did do.
1643538380369.png

She's gone beyond predictable 😅

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
But she hasn’t mentioned his app and the dinner wasn’t the official launch. From the story, it sounded like the doctor just had a night out with friends. Like you do when you want to celebrate something.

Reactions: 6
I do hate the word Staycation 🙄 when I was growing up we could only afford British holidays and never did I consider it a different holiday theb if we could go abroad. Going to away in England is still just a regular vacation not staycation IMO.
And going home to visit your mom for the weekend is just your average weekend break surely.

Agree. Stupid word

Plus, I thought it meant taking leave from work but not going away anywhere. Stay at home vacation

Reactions: 10
Bored and sat in my car so went onto her account for the first time in a while and saw this….:

6079DD12-2C1B-451A-9B10-D67795799717.jpeg

That’s because: It’s. Not. Interesting!!!

It’s really bleeping dull to just have someone post photos of themselves in a bikini, there is only so many times this will be interesting… especially when it’s January!

Also, didn’t they make this whole massive thing about a sale a few months ago being “super exciting” because they don’t do sales…?

What I don’t understand is why she’s insisting on diluting her brand so much… like imagine if Kayla Itsines started posting about Investing money or doing super shite ads for dull companies.

Zanna needs to employ a marketing expert who will slap some sense into her and make her realise she can’t expect to keep good engagement levels if she’s just going to post tit. #RantOver

• Angry
Reactions: 23
She loves to blame the algorithm when in fact it’s just her dull, narcissistic and repetitive posts. Who wants swimwear in January during a pandemic?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
It truly is weird how she brags about never doing sales, but then does yet another one and says they need it to succeed to reach their targets?? 🤔 When you’re not being consistent/transparent in your communication, you cannot expect people to love your posts.

Two posts one after the other about SWS + ad-ridden content lately = of course her engagement will flop.

It might as well be the “algorithm’s fault”, because her previous post flopped. IG sees it... she posts the same tit and expects it to be different? How can she not understand this?! 🙈

Reactions: 11
banging on about your lack of swimwear sales when 1) it’s January and been 6 weeks since a lot of people were last paid and 2) she had two gifted meals this weekend is really tasteful and relatable. Thanks so much for ‘keeping it real’ Zanna xxxx

a lot of people are absolutely shitting themselves about the energy crisis and rising costs of living so aren’t wanting to drop over £100 on a bikini and beach towel (surprising I know)

if she actually did polls that weren’t a tactic to block people who don’t lick her arse, she could do some meaningful market research and find out what people are actually wanting to see from her (although the only thing I want to see is the influencer bubble burst)

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I am all for her swimwear being sustainable (although she ships the fabric from Italy??) and I’m all for them paying their garment makers a living wage, but goodness me how can anything in the shape of a bra and a thong cost £100 altogether???? It’s absurd. I like the design of her all-in-one swimsuits but again the price is so off-putting. They’re trying to emanate being this premium, high quality brand when the two of them have no prior fashion experience (well, actually does Natalie? I don’t know much about her) e.g. never designed before, don’t have any quals in it, never studied business etc. and expect everyone to just jump aboard and take them seriously. It feels very inauthentic and cash-grabby. Her cause behind it e.g save the oceans has merit but how can she be the face of a sustainable brand when she isn’t a sustainability focused human??

• Heart
Reactions: 21
If their Forbes 30under30 win was an even remote depiction of the real success of their brand, they wouldn’t need to do a sale and beg for engagement to meet their targets.

It’s the same scam as Kylie Jenner being called a billionaire when Forbes themselves later recounted the estimates 🙈

I am all for her swimwear being sustainable (although she ships the fabric from Italy??) and I’m all for them paying their garment makers a living wage, but goodness me how can anything in the shape of a bra and a thong cost £100 altogether???? It’s absurd. I like the design of her all-in-one swimsuits but again the price is so off-putting. They’re trying to emanate being this premium, high quality brand when the two of them have no prior fashion experience (well, actually does Natalie? I don’t know much about her) e.g. never designed before, don’t have any quals in it, never studied business etc. and expect everyone to just jump aboard and take them seriously. It feels very inauthentic and cash-grabby. Her cause behind it e.g save the oceans has merit but how can she be the face of a sustainable brand when she isn’t a sustainability focused human??
The problem with her swimwear is there's no real target market. She seems to try and sell it to "swimmers" but real swimmers are not forking out £100 for this rubbish. I am very active in the outdoor swimming community, swimmers tend to fall into two camps- the super frugal who swim outdoors to not pay for anything. They swim in a cheap speedo suit, own one pair of goggles, carry their kit in a bag for life, and use their oldest, scrappiest towel. They are absolutely not buying from Zanna. The other camp are the people who like all the gear. They wear the latest garmin watch, have different goggles for different weather conditions, and they do pay top dollar for swimwear, but they're buying those from proper retailers- places we know source them enthically, ones who show their creative process on insagram, who come work with actual swimmers to improve their designers, use real swimmers to test them out and for their models, etc. I've paid £75 for bikinis- one from a marine biologist who gets them made to order, and uses her own swimwear to literally do her job of swimming with sharks, so I know it's going to be fit for proper swimming, and one from a company who are very very open with their sustainability and make actual fun designs. It feels like she's trying to take advantage of a community without having any desire to participate or any thoughts about actually taking their needs into consideration.

Reactions: 33
The problem with her swimwear is there's no real target market. She seems to try and sell it to "swimmers" but real swimmers are not forking out £100 for this rubbish. I am very active in the outdoor swimming community, swimmers tend to fall into two camps- the super frugal who swim outdoors to not pay for anything. They swim in a cheap speedo suit, own one pair of goggles, carry their kit in a bag for life, and use their oldest, scrappiest towel. They are absolutely not buying from Zanna. The other camp are the people who like all the gear. They wear the latest garmin watch, have different goggles for different weather conditions, and they do pay top dollar for swimwear, but they're buying those from proper retailers- places we know source them enthically, ones who show their creative process on insagram, who come work with actual swimmers to improve their designers, use real swimmers to test them out and for their models, etc. I've paid £75 for bikinis- one from a marine biologist who gets them made to order, and uses her own swimwear to literally do her job of swimming with sharks, so I know it's going to be fit for proper swimming, and one from a company who are very very open with their sustainability and make actual fun designs. It feels like she's trying to take advantage of a community without having any desire to participate or any thoughts about actually taking their needs into consideration.
Beautifully put!!!

Reactions: 7
@RobinsNest Such an interesting perspective! I am not an avid swimmer and have never bought one of Zanna's but they look like they'd ride up/move/not provide adequate support for anyone with boobs beyond an A cup during a little pool swim, much less during an actual outdoor swim. Can't imagine any serious swimmers would be enticed by StayRich Swimwear.

They honestly don't even look very nice. They look okay in the willowy, statuesque models like Zanna herself. But anyone who isn't a size 6-8 looks dumpy even when they're 100% not.

So, Zanna, maybe your sale isn't picking up because your product isn't good enough, even on sale.

Reactions: 12
My favourite was when she tried to claim the zip up front swimsuit was great for surfing. As a surfer - no. There’s a reason wetsuits zip at the back. Most of the time surfing is actually spent lying down and a zip between you and the board is not comfy.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
She’s not much of a swimmer though from what I can see. She takes the odd quick dip after hiking in summer but she’s not driving to a lake once or twice a week for open water swims - she’d make a massive deal of it if she was.

Her swimsuits are really for fashion (as long as you’re thin) not swimming. She’s been going on endless holidays but I don’t know many people who have been on beach holidays in the last few months due to all the testing rules, so there isn’t really a big market for her right now.

Reactions: 11
Has she deleted the post about the swimwear sale? I can’t see it. But yeah bitching people won’t buy your expensive gear while showing off two free “press” dinners in one weekend is massively tone deaf.

Made todays “spot Bella” easy cos the others really had me going crazy being unable to find her….

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Has she deleted the post about the swimwear sale? I can’t see it. But yeah bitching people won’t buy your expensive gear while showing off two free “press” dinners in one weekend is massively tone deaf.
Both of her last feed posts are about the sale - so no deleting there. She also has a few stories about it, however, she has deleted the one where she cries about the low engagement.

Also noticed that she has “unhidden” the like count on her last post [previously both sale posts had the like count hidden] - all that crying must have worked 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Wow
  • Sick
Both of her last feed posts are about the sale - so no deleting there. She also has a few stories about it, however, she has deleted the one where she cries about the low engagement.

Also noticed that she has “unhidden” the like count on her last post [previously both sale posts had the like count hidden] - all that crying must have worked 🤦🏻‍♀️
Yeah I might the one about the low engagement, even though my post clearly doesn't read that way! 🤪

Reactions: 2
@RobinsNest Such an interesting perspective! I am not an avid swimmer and have never bought one of Zanna's but they look like they'd ride up/move/not provide adequate support for anyone with boobs beyond an A cup during a little pool swim, much less during an actual outdoor swim. Can't imagine any serious swimmers would be enticed by StayRich Swimwear.

They honestly don't even look very nice. They look okay in the willowy, statuesque models like Zanna herself. But anyone who isn't a size 6-8 looks dumpy even when they're 100% not.

So, Zanna, maybe your sale isn't picking up because your product isn't good enough, even on sale.
Absolutely this. If you're going to be in next to nothing, you want to feel as good as you can- if you're swimming properly, you'll see people in proper branded wear as that makes you feel like you fit in, it gives you a sense of belonging. Those people are buying speedo or TYR. Or they want something that looks fun- you'll see loads of people in Bakoto or BudgieSmugglers, the brands that other swimmers recognise as being a good quality brand. There is a rise in swimwear brands that cater to different body shapes and create swimwear that is supportive- like Deakin and Blue or DavyJ. These brands are a similar pricepoint to staywildswim, but you know they're created by people who actually love swimming and know what swimmers need.They're transparent about their production processes and celebrate the fact their very size inclusive- not just "we do a bigger size, here's a size 12 lady look", they get body fit models in and make swimwear differently and show women size 18+in the photos. Zanna's swimwear is so dumpy-looking, you're so right with that word. They make pretty, skinny, 20-somethings look like middle-mums and don't even look like they'd do the job you want swimwear to do.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.