Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dee_mc

VIP Member
Looking for a bit of advice please: I bought a 17 eye pigment crayon to try out before splurging on a Victoria Beckham one. Used it the other day and I really like it but when I went to use it again just now I noticed it's extremely short?! Like there's only enough product to use it a couple more times. I've taken a pic of it fully extended so to speak 🤣
It definitely hadn't been used before I opened it - the tip was nicely smooth and rounded etc
It was only around €5 so I wasn't expecting miracles but just wondered, is this a normal amount of product?! If so I won't bother exchanging it and will just ask for refund.

Attachments

Silverback

VIP Member
Anyone got any tips for getting makeup off of a puffer coat? The collar of my Superdry puffer has foundation transfer that won’t wipe off.

Codiaeum

VIP Member
I have reusable cotton pads, they are very thick and fluffy, by Jemako. They are nice if you want to lather the face or if you want to take makeup off, but they absorb a ton of product. Wouldn’t use them for toner or miscellar water.
I put them in a little washing bag and wash with my usual towel load. I never use softener, so no issue for me, but it did say on the box to avoid it. But it also says that on all towels anyway, because they get less absorbent.

JillZarin

Chatty Member
I had it done professionally once (where they use a scalpel) and it was good. It removed a lot of peach fuzz and pretty much any dead skin I had but since then I just do it myself at home because I didn't really see enough benefit to pay professionally when home results are pretty much identical. What do you think you would regret about having it done?
Regrowth, like stubble. And maintenance. I'm lazy!!

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Piling is usually when something doesn’t sit right on top of something else that you have used previously.

Like oil based or silicone or water based

I use my L’Oréal creams including my spf but if I was to use a silicone based primer it pils

Just make a note of what you’ve put on your face when it happens
---

She, like I, probably has suffered years of shit about her hair.

In the day and age of living your best life and leaving other people to do the same, the shit talking about ginger hair is still about 🙄
I think I may be a closet ginger as my family has always had dark brown hair, then my dad grew a moustache and it was ginger!!!😄
My hairdresser is always talking about the copper colour in my hair fighting through the colour - ash that is put on it too 😄
So am I a secret ginger???

Drea1984

Chatty Member
Apologies- I’m sure this has been done to death but does anyone have a good dupe please for nars orgasm? Thank you!

Some good ideas in the perfume thread x
---

It's to do with the levels of harmful chemicals in the polish and also using a different brand lamp to the polish is a big no no. It took about ten months for the allergy to develop for me and I got onycholysis on all my fingers (twice as I decided to try again with a salon brand 🥲).

Attached are the groups i am in on Facebook which were v helpful although more info is available now as there was articles on the BBC site about it during the year.

I'd try and get your hands on a professional brand if you can. There's a popular biab brand (TGB) that was causing loads of allergies too though but CND were mentioned to be safe although they cost a fortune x
TGB definitely has HEMA in it, which I think is believed to be the most problematic chemical, but I’m sure it’s not the sole problem one.

A1992

I’m sorry if this has already been asked, but I’m interested in people’s experiences of skin+me? I see so many ads etc online but unsure how much is paid marketing vs actual experiences

mindlessness

VIP Member
Has anyone else had problems with sort of bobbling after washing Adanola leggings and sports bras? My bra has a little patch under one armpit and the leggings a little patch on the hip. They’ve only been washed a couple of times!
I have a pair of leggings from Adanola I bought maybe in 2021 that are doing well. Might be the fabric that makes a difference, these have a slight slippery feel. But If yours are quite new I'd contact customer service about it!

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
What foundation does everyone use? I’ve been a bit lost since The ordinary discontinued their foundation, I don’t wear it much anyway. I’ve got a night out on Friday and I really want a nice high coverage one if anyone has a good cheap-ish one they can recommend? I’m pregnant and suffering with a bit of acne so high coverage would really help. Thanks 🙏 😊

frattlethebed

Besides how nice they look I don’t think they’re any better than other hair dryers so not worth the high price tag. The heat settings are a crap, even the lowest setting is very hot and the diffuser is terrible compared to other hair dryers. The straighteners and the air wrap are really good though.
---

AllDayChemist is a good website if you’re looking to buy tret in the UK
Thank you so much! Do they ship to the UK?

Codiaeum

VIP Member
Not sure how anyone can help with this! I'd love to be able to do an "every day" makeup look that is a nice smooth base with just some mascara, but it always looks so odd on me!! Not sure if it's because I don't get the mascara right to the root, or because I have zero bottom lashes but I need help :(

I either wear zero makeup or a full face - there's no in between!

Any tips appreciated!

Hm, what is it that you don’t like about the look that you get with full face?
I actually prefer no mascara on bottom lashes, I think it looks a lot fresher, at least on me. But what I do find if I wear foundation and powder, I can look too flat and need to add a little bit of blush back in, otherwise I find I look odd. Maybe it’s the same for you.

~vix~83~

VIP Member
This might be a silly question but I’ve bought myself a hair mask and I’ve never used one before. It says put in wet hair, so I’m guessing it’s not clean/washed hair?