Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I had my teeth straightened - took over a year with fixed braces through a private dentist. Had a crown fitted and a tooth removed also. Cost £5k.
My teeth were really bad according to the dentist. No past dentist would attempt the work before this.
£500 of the cost was for teeth whitening which I struggled with so if I had to do it again I wouldn't have bothered with that.
That sounds strange to me. Surely no orthodontic issue is too bad to be fixed?

Maybe the private sector is different and up to a certain point they need to refer back to the NHS?

My teeth were fixed as a kid thankfully. I had a misplaced canine that looked like a fang, and a twisted incisor next to it. I had braces almost all the way through secondary school. All worth it though.

And, luckily for me, my wisdom teeth never came in so they haven’t moved.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I had some highlights done yesterday and although they look very nice they are a bit darker than I’d have liked. I need to brighten them a bit, what can I use? Does the John Frieda highlighting shampoo help?

Missmopps

VIP Member
Not sure how anyone can help with this! I'd love to be able to do an "every day" makeup look that is a nice smooth base with just some mascara, but it always looks so odd on me!! Not sure if it's because I don't get the mascara right to the root, or because I have zero bottom lashes but I need help :(

I either wear zero makeup or a full face - there's no in between!

Any tips appreciated!
If you are just going for mascara, I’d recommend filling in the upper waterline below the lashes with a kohl/kajal before applying the mascara. I use the rimmel waterproof one which is really good. It comes in brown, black, dark navy and emerald. The black and dark navy are good if you use black mascara. It somehow finishes the look and frames the eye more.

Oh and use some blush to bring back colour to the cheeks after base. X

dee_mc

VIP Member
a quick look on the boots website and it appears it should have a pointed tip, all bit it its only 5gm so not a lot.
Yes mine looked like the one in the pics - I would have expected it to be a couple of inches long though, when extended! Strange.

Johnson1901

VIP Member
So I got the Bondi Sands tan in dark and also the self tanning drops. I did a practice run last night and the colour on my body looks really nice (if not a tiny bit orange). I did 1 leg so I could compare and see the difference 🤣
The tanning drops said to add between 4-12. I added 4 and I'm glad I didn't add any more!! My face is sooo orange right now. Luckily with how much you wash your face I know it won't last, but safe to say it's very effective
I only ever use the light coloured one and it’s a perfectly colour for my pasty skin 😂

Vee6

VIP Member
Not bitchy too me when I’m in the chair, not experienced that at all. But the talk amongst each other. Entertaining though

instasham13

Chatty Member
It doesn't come across in the picture how bad it is. You have to watch the video. She made it better by sticking some home dye on it - but then why bother shelling out money at the salon for a colour if you have to rescue it with a home dye?🤷
Is this a recent video she posted? I'll have a look.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I’ve been doing it at home for years, never had any stubble like regrowth. You just suddenly notice the fuzz is back.
Around my top lip the hairs are now quite strong and noticeable - otherwise around my face the peach fuzz is the same

hytuhh

Chatty Member
Hey girlies ! Just wanted to share the latest QVC Bobbi brown special but that’s on offer & also ( I know she’s not everyone’s cup of tea ) Molly Mae’s cosmatips edit launches tonight , I’ve purchased the other ones & a couple of other sets via TikTok shop , but hers are really bloody brilliant !
I am so excited for this Cosmetips not gonna lie 😭 I got excited to see that they have Revitalash in there, after I had a bit of a reaction to UKLash I was trying to find a new lash serum that doesn't contain prostaglandin and have ordered Glow For It from Tiktok shop (has anyone used this?) however Revitalash apparently does have prostaglandin too so that's a shame!

Anyway bit of a merail there but yeah, the Cosmetips looks so good and you could even use some of the things for Christmas presents (lol I will keep them all myself 🤣)

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I’ve had one pair for over 10 years now, breaking them in wasn’t too bad, got a few red marks but no problems with blisters. Now they are so comfy! I got another pair a couple of years ago and didn’t need to break them in at all really - however! The leather has scuffed and peeled within a year so they are definitely made differently depending on the style I think. My DM sandals leave a blister on one spot on my foot but so do my flip flops so think that’s a me problem 😂

Try second hand maybe - cheaper and someone else has already done some of the breaking in work for you 😂 Just clean and sanitise properly and they’ll be good to go.
I was going to suggest pre-owned too, the ones I've had have always been fine.

The other thing I'd suggest is if you have a lace up style , is to make sure they are laced up correctly to stop your feet flopping around inside when you walk.

FatherJackHackett

Chatty Member
This is not particularly helpful, but have you ever looked at the Boob or Bust method of measuring your bra size? A slightly more helpful comment from me though is I found the Panache Evie to be a supportive strapless bra.
Thank you so much, I will check both out! Always find Panache a great brand x

Zulkraa

VIP Member
I had my teeth straightened - took over a year with fixed braces through a private dentist. Had a crown fitted and a tooth removed also. Cost £5k.
My teeth were really bad according to the dentist. No past dentist would attempt the work before this.
£500 of the cost was for teeth whitening which I struggled with so if I had to do it again I wouldn't have bothered with that.
Was that Phillips Zoom? Was it the trays or the teeth sensitivity you struggled with?

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Mine's £32.50 for long hair cut and blow. The bonus is you're not in and out in 30 minutes with damp hair. Also don't have had to listen to the stylists bitching about clients and other staff over your head, as happened in previous salons I went to. I think she allows 90 minutes for a cut and blow and she never bitches. And you get a head massage. Just so relaxing. 💇‍♀️ 🥰

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
The worst was a well known salon where you would often find actors sweeping up - well known ones. I honestly thought I was seeing things as you don't expect them to be sweeping up when they're famous. 😄

milkywaygirl

VIP Member
i’ve been wanting to try and figure out my colours but i’m wondering if anyone can help me with this - if i dye my hair a very different colour than it is naturally, do i use my natural hair colour to figure out what season i am or do i use the colour it’s dyed?