Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Missmopps

VIP Member
I had my brows laminated yesterday, I’ve been thinking about it for ages but too worried, however I go on holiday in a few days and I thought I’d get brows done and lashes and then I wouldn’t worry about make up while I’m over there 🤞🏽. Here is my before and after… Really like the result:
Wow they look great!! Does it mean you don’t have to put pencil on them every day?

I find Barry M "Gelly" polishes good for the look of gel nails without the lamp, they come in quite a few colours - my fave is "Lavender" which is what it says on the tin
Thank you! They aren't that dear either which is great!
---
Sorry, I am back again, I am looking for a new bag. Big enough to fit nappies, wipes and a bottle in but that isn't a changing bag. I want it crossbody and in a stone, beige or light grey colour. Any brands you can recommend?? My last one was Anna Field so that's my price range again.... I'm just struggling to get something I like...

Last edited:

House of Tea

VIP Member
Revolution has some good and not good makeup. Also worth shopping around because it is often on offer somewhere. I like a concealer they do for dark circles, but they have just discontinued it. Some of the blusher sets are good. They have a range under a fiver, the regular range, plus the more expensive pro range. Just My Look has a good range, but the Revolution website has regular sales. some of their s5uff is a bit childish, making this up but tie ins with films like Shrek, that kind of thing.

pommynoir

VIP Member
Really random question - I have a strand test booked for this Saturday, I’ve never had one before. I’ve tried googling 🤔
My hairdresser is in central london, and I’m going into London for the day so thought I’d do it then. Will it ruin my hair or can I go in with it styled already for the day?

Yep, it was me! It was fine, I only bruised a little from the needles but nothing a bit of make-up didn't hide. I definitely felt like my eyes were less tired and puffy feeling for a few weeks afterwards, but I do think just the one session wasn't enough and if I do it again, I'd get a course of 3 perhaps. I also think tear trough filler might be a route I'd like to go down at some point.
Thank you thats my decision lumi eye or tear. Thank you for replying

Silverback

VIP Member
I wear Nike Internationalists usually. Most comfy trainers ever.
I am on the look out for some New Balance with a big orange N on the side but I can’t find any. I swear they made them!

Littleelf

VIP Member
So I had dermaplaning done and my skin is really really bad 😫 spots everywhere!!

Does anyone have any recommendations for skin care to sort it out?

Currently I use cerave hydrating foaming oil cleanser, Paula's choice BHA liquid exfoliant, byoma hydrating serum and the cerave facial moisturising lotion.

Is there anything I can add to help? I'm going on a hen weekend on Friday and look like a troll currently 🤣

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
Yes I was scared I’d get sticky up eyebrows, half way through they were like that and I shat myself but once finished they were lovely. Also they’re not stuck fast.
Yes I did look quite a while to find this salon. If you’re near NW London I can link their insta.
I’d like the link please! Hijacking lol 😂

dee_mc

VIP Member
Would love to know how much people spend on their haircuts and how often?
€54 (gone up to €56.50 for next visit) every 6 or 7 weeks for wash, curly cut and blowdry or curly set under heat lamp thingy.
My previous hairdresser was much cheaper but I never had a decent haircut in all the years I went to her so 🤷

BuffaloSoldier

Hoping someone could help me, I love alien perfume but not the price tag 🫣 is there a really good dupe for it? I know Aldi did one but I didn’t like it at all.

Cloudycoffee501

I’m taking prednisone at the moment for my asthma and since taking it my skin has gone to shit and I have a rash on my face. So annoying

Johnson1901

VIP Member
Probably wrong thread really, as the most groomed and polished I get is when I actually iron my Slayer T Shirt but I need help….
I’ve come to order my usual black Frankie Skinny Jeans from Dorothy Perkins tonight and the site has nothing in a 14 whatsoever. I realise I’m probably at least ten years out of fashion here, but I live in my skinny jeans so need to find an alternative. Stretchy, comfy, it hugely expensive and 14. Anyone help?
Check out Vinted. DP darcy jeans are my faves and I get mine off there now as they’re hard to come by in my size on the website
Failing that, lovall jeans have great reviews. I love their leggings ❤

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
Are carbon facials / collagen laser facials worth it?
Or should I just do microneedling?

My biggest concern is aging and dryness. I already have Botox on my crows feet.