Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Following on from the last thread…………

Mod edit adding wiki link

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3
Anyone had dermaplanning? Thinking of doing it but would hate to regret it....
I had it done professionally once (where they use a scalpel) and it was good. It removed a lot of peach fuzz and pretty much any dead skin I had but since then I just do it myself at home because I didn't really see enough benefit to pay professionally when home results are pretty much identical. What do you think you would regret about having it done?

Reactions: 4
@givemethenight I got the lip stuff 2 weeks ago and I can see a difference, for sure. I actually don’t find it moisturising and I’m not tempted to overuse (helpful for the purse as it’s a bit spenny just for use as lip balm). If anything my lips feel drier than usual but can’t say for sure it’s down to this.

I have what I think you call a ?double lip line? and I can see fullness up to the 2nd lip line that wasn’t there before

Reactions: 1
Does anyone have any recommendations for an spf that isn't too greasy
Avene Clenance spf50 is perfect for oily/combo skin. I also love RoC Soleil anti-wrinkle fluid spf50 as it’s super easy to apply abc sink in and makes a great make up base.

• Heart
I had it done professionally once (where they use a scalpel) and it was good. It removed a lot of peach fuzz and pretty much any dead skin I had but since then I just do it myself at home because I didn't really see enough benefit to pay professionally when home results are pretty much identical. What do you think you would regret about having it done?
Regrowth, like stubble. And maintenance. I'm lazy!!

I’ve been doing it at home for years, never had any stubble like regrowth. You just suddenly notice the fuzz is back.
Around my top lip the hairs are now quite strong and noticeable - otherwise around my face the peach fuzz is the same

Does anyone know is there somewhere I can go to like, have somebody show me what makeup to wear? 🤣 I’ve stuck to the same things for most of my life and I just feel like it’s too cakey for my age. I struggle to change up my makeup looks as I’m SO PALE that I find it hard to find good colour matches. Since having my baby I feel like my makeup looks so heavy and makes me look even more tired and I don’t even know where to start.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone know is there somewhere I can go to like, have somebody show me what makeup to wear? 🤣 I’ve stuck to the same things for most of my life and I just feel like it’s too cakey for my age. I struggle to change up my makeup looks as I’m SO PALE that I find it hard to find good colour matches. Since having my baby I feel like my makeup looks so heavy and makes me look even more tired and I don’t even know where to start.
Is there a Flannels near you? I know at our local Flannels beauty hall you can book an appointment for a consultation and they’ll be able to colour match you and show you a variety of different brands.

Otherwise if there’s a brand you like the look of you could visit their beauty counter if there’s one near you? I think some brands also do online colour matching and will be able to help on products. I know it’s tricky when you’re super pale. Beauty glow girl on Instagram will have some recommendations for pale skin- she posts lots of good recommendations at all budgets on the high street and she’s very fair with dark hair/cool undertones.

Any gentle exfoliator suggestions for sensitive skin with rosacea?
I’ve tried a few but don’t want anything abrasive, I get quite dry and flaky skin on my nose and with the changing of seasons, my routine is AM cleanser REN evercalm cleansing milk, Estée Lauder ANR and then Clinique moisture surge be LRP spf.
Evening routine the ordinary squalane cleanser, ren evercalm cleanser milk and Estée Lauder ANR and then Clinique moisture surge.

my skin type is sensitive and prone to dryness, slightly oilier throughout the day but nothing major.

I just want a nice exfoliator I can use couple times a week as I don’t use anything other than the above and I’m getting worried about how my skin will react to the changing seasons.
Thank you!

Any gentle exfoliator suggestions for sensitive skin with rosacea?
I’ve tried a few but don’t want anything abrasive, I get quite dry and flaky skin on my nose and with the changing of seasons, my routine is AM cleanser REN evercalm cleansing milk, Estée Lauder ANR and then Clinique moisture surge be LRP spf.
Evening routine the ordinary squalane cleanser, ren evercalm cleanser milk and Estée Lauder ANR and then Clinique moisture surge.

my skin type is sensitive and prone to dryness, slightly oilier throughout the day but nothing major.

I just want a nice exfoliator I can use couple times a week as I don’t use anything other than the above and I’m getting worried about how my skin will react to the changing seasons.
Thank you!
i had this same problem a little while ago, i looked into it and purchased the ordinary 5% lactic acid, i was really worried because i have such sensitive skin and i get eczema flare ups but honestly since using it my skin feels completely different!! definitely do some research because i don’t want to recommend you something that causes a flare up but lactic acid is really gentle and it also helps restore your skins natural moisture barrier too - the only thing i’d say if you were to try it is definitely start with the 5% as you want it as gentle as possible, and even though it says in the instructions to use it every night, start off with it twice a week and see how your skin reacts to it, that’s what i did and i’ve been using it for about a month now and i wouldn’t look back!!

Used the K18 leave in mask for the first time today. Used the advice from a previous thread and rubbed it in my palms first before applying to my hair so it applied really nicely and easily. I was worried about not using conditioner as my hair is like absolute straw without it, and I struggled to detangle it before applying but it combed like a dream after the 4 minutes. The crispiest most frazzled ends that I have have obviously not shown much improvement from one use (and might be beyond help and need trimming off!), but it does look nice and fairly smooth now I’ve blow dried it. A thumbs up from me so far, which is just as well as my gosh it’s expensive 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
i had this same problem a little while ago, i looked into it and purchased the ordinary 5% lactic acid, i was really worried because i have such sensitive skin and i get eczema flare ups but honestly since using it my skin feels completely different!! definitely do some research because i don’t want to recommend you something that causes a flare up but lactic acid is really gentle and it also helps restore your skins natural moisture barrier too - the only thing i’d say if you were to try it is definitely start with the 5% as you want it as gentle as possible, and even though it says in the instructions to use it every night, start off with it twice a week and see how your skin reacts to it, that’s what i did and i’ve been using it for about a month now and i wouldn’t look back!!
oh thank you so much! I’m off to take a look 🥰 is it like an exfoliant? To be honest I’ve never heard of it but I’m more than happy to take a look 😃

oh thank you so much! I’m off to take a look 🥰 is it like an exfoliant? To be honest I’ve never heard of it but I’m more than happy to take a look 😃
yeah it’s a chemical exfoliant but like one of the most gentle ones, so it’s a serum and you put it on after you’ve washed and dried your face, then leave it a min to sink in and put your moisturiser on!! when i used to use face scrubs and things they’d really irritate my skin whereas this one exfoliates and has definitely improved my skins hydration so a win/win!! like i say look into it though because although it’s worked for me i don’t want it to cause you any problems (it shouldn’t but just have to say it for peace of mind!!), there’s loads of videos on it on youtube and tiktok and things as the ordinary are often trending with their skincare!!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.