Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
I’m sorry if this has already been asked, but I’m interested in people’s experiences of skin+me? I see so many ads etc online but unsure how much is paid marketing vs actual experiences
Tried everything for rosacea which used to get really bad and infected.
It’s worked for me and my skin has never been better

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I only came across this product a month ago and have used it daily since then. My daughter complemented me on my skin two weeks ago. I am tempted by their other products but I need to use up what I have first of all. But the colour corrector is a must. In fact I’m buying some more of it today. A large pot is on offer at an outlet in boundary mill x
Ooh! Boundary Mill. Haven't been there in years. Probably cos my sister moved, and when we went we had to steer mum away from finding things she had spent ££££ on in normal shops on sale for peanuts. 😄

yankydoo

Chatty Member
Morning.
im in my fifties and starting to get the dreaded brown spots on my face. As anyone tried the 111skin vitamin c brightening serum? Or can anyone recommend any other product. Thank you x
I had quite bad pigmentation and went to a skin clinic who suggested creams from the Obagi range. I think you have to be prescribed it and can't just buy it over the counter. Anyway, it's been amazing but it is quite expesnive.

AshMay

VIP Member
Is OGX okay these days? I remember them having a lawsuit years ago which put me off buying their stuff but I haven't looked into it recently!

Codiaeum

VIP Member
Oh, I draw the line at jeans! So uncomfortable :LOL:

I think WFH can give you the opportunity to try new makeup out, too. I'm often testing a foundation to see if it oxidises or if a colour of lipstick or eyeshadow suits me.

To be fair, I love jeans and never was a fan of leggings, can’t stand the feeling around my stomach. Nice shirt is the only thing that’s visible anyway, so the pants can probably take any shape you like.

Anyone tried this range lately. I used it years ago - a 30 second conditioning cream that was really good.
I have hair that shouldn't be permed and my hairdresser was always asking me to be his model for Wella to test things on my hair.

I remember really loving the 30 second conditioner.
No but it sounds amazing!!!

not_influenced

VIP Member
Do you mean the shrinking or something else? Mine haven’t shrank (yet) I wash at 30° and hang to dry.

On the subject of Adanola… their unitards 🤬🤬 I have had SIX in the past month from selfridges and every single one has had a hole in the seam, I think it must just be all of them / poorly made so I won’t bother exchanging again will just refund.

Annoyed because I really wanted a nice unitard and I liked theirs on when I tried on - does anyone have any recommendations?
Sorry to buy them!!!! Text and hit post too quickly and didn't realize!!! Looking on their website, Selfridges and vinted. Can't seem to find Logo style and in my size? Do they re-stock frequently?

Tanne1999

VIP Member
Are the Estrid razors any good? I keep seeing them on TikTok and they seem to have good reviews.
I’m prone to shave rash if I use the wrong razor, so was wondering how gentle these are.

Any shaving foam/butter recommendations appreciated too please! 🥰

praying.for.time.

Is there such a product that exists that basically revamps dyed hair? I had my hair coloured a gorgeous copper colour a couple of weeks ago but it's almost trolly faded already, are there any magic shampoos/conditioners or any other other hair products that can bring a bit of life back to the copper?!
Revlon nutri colour creme is brilliant!
---
Not quite ‘looking’ glamorous but ‘feeling’ it…. Any recs out there for getting rid of B.O? For some reason the skin around one of my pits seems to whiff by mid morning regardless of what I do or wear. I’ve switched from shower gel to bars of soap, I’ve tried using the glycolic acid toner (read on another site) and I’m trying now with liquid antibacterial soap in the shower too. The wetness itself isn’t an issue, just the sweaty smell

Next step is bleach or dettol (I’m only half joking) so before that- any other ideas?
Have you tried anahydrol or driclor ?

Last edited:
I have frizzy thick hair and long thought that I’m never going to have “nice” hair, but investing in a good conditioner (and only conditioning the lengths and ends), doing an Olaplex treatment once a week, and using hair oil on the lengths and ends has made it so much more manageable and less frizzy even in humidity. Also the classic - lots of heat protection, and I get it trimmed every 6-8 weeks.
Thank you 😊 what shampoo & conditioner do you use?

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
Especially with powder products, I've found that after a few years a sort of layer forms on top, even when using only clean brushes. I'm never sure whether it's the product itself deteriorating or something from the brushes, but like you say, they get less pigmented and after a while there's very little actual colour. I've once tried scraping off the top layer of a mattifying powder, but only destroyed the entire thing.
Does anyone know whether there's a way to salvage such products? I've some blushes like that and I don't want to throw them out.
With the hard pan layer, apparently putting sellotape on it to remove the top layer can help. I haven't encountered it since the days of using those little sponge applicators.

If the entire pan breaks up, apparently you can re pan them following tutorials on youtube, but I've never bothered to attempt it. They always seem to look a bit of a state afterwards.

Silverback

VIP Member
Dudes I need your help. I’ve fallen in love with Sezane clothes but I can’t afford £120 for a cardigan. Any suggestions for somewhere that does similar but cheaper stuff?

House of Tea

VIP Member
I use them and just leave it to dry over the bath then chuck in the laundry bin. I like some I got from Amazon, but I must say I've started wondering if a bog standard facecloth would work just as well, and it seemed to when I tried it.
It sounds like a faff, I don’t want them hanging around the bath.

Por Que?

I've just got a book out of the library about colours and makeup. Just had a quick flick and I was impressed. Found myself immediately and was amazed that my coats and outerwear all match what it says I should be buying colour wise. I've been struggling with makeup colours (had seen somewhere else that makeup in shops is mostly summer or autumn colours and I'm winter!).
Now I've got some ideas and it shows you about application. I've noticed you can buy it online for under £3 so might do that. Here's some details about it via Waterstones site.
View attachment 2497888View attachment 2497889
I’ve wasted more time than I’d like to admit looking into this and I just end up in a muddle. Does that book have a section for olive skin tones? I think that’s me and I think that’s why I can’t draw a firm conclusion because I don’t fit neatly into a season?