Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had my hair cut and feel like a new woman šŸ¤£ Got a bob with a bit of texture to it. Anyone have any cruelty free texture sprays etc that they like?
I keep being served up reels of people getting bobs and Iā€™m so tempted. Iā€™ve been growing out my last bob but I kinda miss it šŸ˜¬

Reactions: 3
Guys I got invisalign this year, and it was the best thing Iā€™ve ever done šŸ˜­ my teeth werenā€™t even bad before but suddenly everyone is complimenting me on my teeth and saying ā€œyou always look so much happier?!!ā€ But itā€™s because Iā€™m smiling so much more.

This is a picture of my teeth currently, I havenā€™t even finished my treatment yet and I have free whitening at the end. I highly recommend it, especially with Black Friday deals coming up
šŸ˜ I canā€™t wait to get mine done in the new year! Like you my teeth arenā€™t bad and everyone keeps asking why Iā€™m getting themā€¦ But they are starting to move which is giving me pain so my dentist advised it. I must say though I am looking forward to having perfectly straight teeth at the end of it!! šŸ¤©

• Heart
I have a Bob, just below chin length. Iā€™ve had one on and off for about 15 years. First inspired by VB with the infamous POB šŸ˜‚
Being 7 months pregnant at the moment Iā€™m using it to show I still have a jaw line haha.
it does motivate me to stay in shape too as they highlight a double chin šŸ„¹

Iā€™ve been using Skin+me which seems great. You answer a long questionnaire and you get prescribed formulas which would usually cost quite a lot to get prescribed privately. Things like tretinoin and itā€™s a super tiny amount so not too much. You submit photos etc and a proper dermatologist looks at your pics and questionnaires.

Reactions: 2
Iā€™ve been using Skin+me which seems great. You answer a long questionnaire and you get prescribed formulas which would usually cost quite a lot to get prescribed privately. Things like tretinoin and itā€™s a super tiny amount so not too much. You submit photos etc and a proper dermatologist looks at your pics and questionnaires.
Yeah skin and me is working well for me. I've been using it since Feb/march I think? I usually get bad acne around October November that I can't get rid of for months and so far this year it's looking promising, don't have any major spots yet!

Reactions: 1
Yeah skin and me is working well for me. I've been using it since Feb/march I think? I usually get bad acne around October November that I can't get rid of for months and so far this year it's looking promising, don't have any major spots yet!
Iā€™m exactly the same, skin&me since about March and my skins looks fab.

Had a bit of a pamper day today, not intentional but due to moving of appointments Iā€™ve ended up with a facial and Leg Wax and a haircut!

Thanks to who mentioned the lovall sale, my order from yesterday has already arrived!

šŸ˜ I canā€™t wait to get mine done in the new year! Like you my teeth arenā€™t bad and everyone keeps asking why Iā€™m getting themā€¦ But they are starting to move which is giving me pain so my dentist advised it. I must say though I am looking forward to having perfectly straight teeth at the end of it!! šŸ¤©
Itā€™s honestly the best! I wish I got it so much sooner šŸ˜‚ Iā€™m not sure on whether I should get a fixed retainer or a removable one I wear at night though, at the end of my treatment.

• Heart
Hi all

I'm thinking of trying Laura Merceir products based on lots saying it's the best around..or is it?
I like tinted a moisturiser that looks natural, I've been using the match my shade but I'm not convinced the shade suggested is
right for me .

Has anyone used this tool and found it to be right ? I don't like going into make up departments for advice so going to the counters is a no from me .
Also there is 3 types , skin perfector, illuminator and oil free?

Please help an olive skinned novice .

Tia
I always like her primer, concealer and lip glosses. Iā€™ve just had a look at the recent products and it seems a lot has changed. If you have a foundation you already use you could mix it with some moisturiser to create your own.

Itā€™s honestly the best! I wish I got it so much sooner šŸ˜‚ Iā€™m not sure on whether I should get a fixed retainer or a removable one I wear at night though, at the end of my treatment.
I have a fixed one on the upper arch and removable ones that I wear at night. I've had no issues with the fixed one, worth it for peace of mind.

I would like to take the pallor off my winter skin. So I need a light gradual tan. I donā€™t like the drops or the Dove one. Any recommendations. I donā€™t want to look tanned just less like I have been dug up.
St Tropez does a nice gradual tanner that doesn't go too orange on my pale skin!
---
Morning - my daughters have asked for heatless Curlers - any recommendations? šŸ™‚
I really like the one I got from Eternal Muse. Much more comfortable to sleep in than the one I ordered off amazon that had a wire inside. Though imagine you can find non-wire heatless curlers on Amazon too?
---
Just had my hair cut and feel like a new woman šŸ¤£ Got a bob with a bit of texture to it. Anyone have any cruelty free texture sprays etc that they like?
It's not cheap but Oribe is cruelty free (they're on Peta's website as okay anyway?) and their Texturising spray is excellent. You can buy it in a mini to see if you like before commiting to a big can too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Your teeth look great! Can I ask if you donā€™t mind sharing, if Invisalign was really expensive? I canā€™t work out if Invisalign is charged on a sliding scale of how much work your teeth need, or if it a standard charge of like Ā£3k šŸ¤Ŗ also do you have a pic of your teeth before? Thanks šŸ™šŸ¼

loving my apple watch even more now i've got different straps to switch out! was going to ask for a silver milanese one for xmas with them being like Ā£100 from apple, but tkmaxx have ones that look identical for Ā£8 so i've ended up with a watch band wardrobe for around Ā£30! definitely makes me feel more elevated with a metal strap rather than a sporty rubber one.

also really enjoyed doing my own gel nails after getting a mylee kit last year. definitely a learning curve but again makes me a lot more confident about my stubby hands and my nails are so much longer/stronger and protected. this years addition will hopefully be an electric nail file to help take the gel off!

Reactions: 5
Your teeth look great! Can I ask if you donā€™t mind sharing, if Invisalign was really expensive? I canā€™t work out if Invisalign is charged on a sliding scale of how much work your teeth need, or if it a standard charge of like Ā£3k šŸ¤Ŗ also do you have a pic of your teeth before? Thanks šŸ™šŸ¼
Thanks so much! It was just over Ā£3000. I got the lite package so I have 14 aligners but 2 rounds of refinements if I need it šŸ™‚. It depends how bad your teeth are, but I think they all start from about Ā£2500 upwards.

I have a pic of my teeth before but I donā€™t feel comfortable sharing it šŸ„² they werenā€™t that bad though, I had a small gap between my front teeth and some werenā€™t straight. Overall my dentist recommended me for the lite package!

Thanks so much! It was just over Ā£3000. I got the lite package so I have 14 aligners but 2 rounds of refinements if I need it šŸ™‚. It depends how bad your teeth are, but I think they all start from about Ā£2500 upwards.

I have a pic of my teeth before but I donā€™t feel comfortable sharing it šŸ„² they werenā€™t that bad though, I had a small gap between my front teeth and some werenā€™t straight. Overall my dentist recommended me for the lite package!
Thank you, that's really helpful.. like you my teeth aren't 'bad', but they could be great :) Ā£3000 is such a lot of money though huh.

Thank you, that's really helpful.. like you my teeth aren't 'bad', but they could be great :) Ā£3000 is such a lot of money though huh.
Yeah definitely. But thatā€™s private dentistry for you! Very expensive

I had my teeth straightened - took over a year with fixed braces through a private dentist. Had a crown fitted and a tooth removed also. Cost Ā£5k.
My teeth were really bad according to the dentist. No past dentist would attempt the work before this.
Ā£500 of the cost was for teeth whitening which I struggled with so if I had to do it again I wouldn't have bothered with that.

Has anyone ever tried any of the online ā€˜Invisalignā€™ type companies? Just looking at one that is Ā£1600.

I had my teeth straightened - took over a year with fixed braces through a private dentist. Had a crown fitted and a tooth removed also. Cost Ā£5k.
My teeth were really bad according to the dentist. No past dentist would attempt the work before this.
Ā£500 of the cost was for teeth whitening which I struggled with so if I had to do it again I wouldn't have bothered with that.
Was that Phillips Zoom? Was it the trays or the teeth sensitivity you struggled with?

Has anyone ever tried any of the online ā€˜Invisalignā€™ type companies? Just looking at one that is Ā£1600.
I had a digital scan with smile direct club- they couldnā€™t actually treat the area I wanted sorted. Glad I didnā€™t go with them as read some pretty horrific online reviews after

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.