Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone ever had a repair on a zip on a bag, or repaired it themselves? It’s leather, a few years old, and bought by my husband. It is in excellent condition other than the zip? I don’t want to spend too much money on a repair, wish I could do something myself.

Reactions: 1
What's everyone asking for, for Christmas? I need ideas - I'm just feeling so uninspired this year and don't particularly feel like I need anything!? However I do like to have something to open in the morning! 😂
I’d like a new pair of trainers but don’t have a clue what’s fashionable when it comes to them.

Reactions: 5
Anyone ever had a repair on a zip on a bag, or repaired it themselves? It’s leather, a few years old, and bought by my husband. It is in excellent condition other than the zip? I don’t want to spend too much money on a repair, wish I could do something myself.
I priced out replacing a zip on a leather bag I had, same situation, perfectly fine bag but the zip wasn’t working. I sew but my machine wouldn’t be able to handle the thick leather. Sadly the cost of repair was 2x the cost of the bag. I couldn’t justify it. Maybe things are different in your area so call around. A buckle on my leather sandals broke and the repair was about the cost of the shoes (since they had to replace both to match) and for me, that was worth it because I try to repair rather than replace if not too cost prohibitive. Sadly it often costs less to buy new. Good luck.

Thanks @or JusRollWithIt My husband has been on You Tube and he has watched a few videos. He thinks he can fix it with pliers. Worth a go. The zip is perfectly sewn to the edges of the back but there is a kink in the zip which then makes the whole zip run off its tracks.

What's everyone asking for, for Christmas? I need ideas - I'm just feeling so uninspired this year and don't particularly feel like I need anything!? However I do like to have something to open in the morning! 😂
I've asked for a pamper hamper, face masks, hand and foot cream, those moisturising socks, candles, bubble bath, that kinda thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thanks @or JusRollWithIt My husband has been on You Tube and he has watched a few videos. He thinks he can fix it with pliers. Worth a go. The zip is perfectly sewn to the edges of the back but there is a kink in the zip which then makes the whole zip run off its tracks.
If it does need replacing try to find a proper old fashioned cobbler. We have one locally. A scruffy looking little shop but they guy is brilliant and really cheap. He has done so many repairs for my family over the years to a really high standard and at a fraction of the price a city centre shop would charge.

I don't really get Christmas or birthday presents any more lol!

I would rather just go out to a panto for Xmas or a meal but my husband insists on us exchanging presents. Stuff we don’t need. We are going to the panto at the Palladium with Julian Clary - we go every year. The tickets are bloody expensive and that is enough for me. But now going to have to think what he can get me and vice versa. Pointless waste of time and money. And we are hoping to move so money we need for other stuff. As I type the more I am resolved I am not doing it.

Reactions: 10
I would quite like a pair of thw platform ultra mini uggs - but can not justify the price! 😯 Qorried they won't suit or I won't like (I mean, I'm no Molly Mae! 😂)
Trying to source some decent dupes, but they seem to be sold out everywhere!? 🥴

I would rather just go out to a panto for Xmas or a meal but my husband insists on us exchanging presents. Stuff we don’t need. We are going to the panto at the Palladium with Julian Clary - we go every year. The tickets are bloody expensive and that is enough for me. But now going to have to think what he can get me and vice versa. Pointless waste of time and money. And we are hoping to move so money we need for other stuff. As I type the more I am resolved I am not doing it.
I’m really not bothered about getting gifts anymore. I’d rather buy things I want/need for myself as and when I want/need the things than have other people buy them for me. I really don’t want random tat from more distant family members. I once tried to get people in the family to donate to a homelessness charity instead of giving me a present but they did both which was obviously so generous but it’s like…. spend more money donating to charity than me? I really really didn’t want the presents. It was honestly ok that I wasn’t going to have things to open on Christmas Day. Sure if I was a 5 year old or something, that would be really sad. It’s not sad when you’re 35 and privileged in ever way that matters.

Reactions: 13
I’m really not bothered about getting gifts anymore. I’d rather buy things I want/need for myself as and when I want/need the things than have other people buy them for me. I really don’t want random tat from more distant family members. I once tried to get people in the family to donate to a homelessness charity instead of giving me a present but they did both which was obviously so generous but it’s like…. spend more money donating to charity than me? I really really didn’t want the presents. It was honestly ok that I wasn’t going to have things to open on Christmas Day. Sure if I was a 5 year old or something, that would be really sad. It’s not sad when you’re 35 and privileged in ever way that matters.
I am over Xmas. I will eat the turkey, admire the twinkly lights, play some carols on low as background music. But I can’t stand the excess, the rush to spend money on shite, the fake adverts on Xmas with the happy smiley families, the protracted run up to it.

Reactions: 17
Thanks to this thread I have my rosecea under control with niacinamide and azelic acid. My face isn’t as angry anymore. I do have quite pink/ red areas around my nose and cheeks and I need to exfoliate, especially my chin and forehead - can someone advise?

Reactions: 7

Anyone had any issues with Olaplex?!

So I’ve asked my partner for the Currentbody LED mask (when it comes up in the Black Friday sale) then as ideas for little bits- Lush shower gels, Glossier lipbalm and Sand and Fog candles x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So I’ve asked my partner for the Currentbody LED mask (when it comes up in the Black Friday sale) then as ideas for little bits- Lush shower gels, Glossier lipbalm and Sand and Fog candles x
You will not regret your LED! I’ve had mine 3 years 🥰🥰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I would quite like a pair of thw platform ultra mini uggs - but can not justify the price! 😯 Qorried they won't suit or I won't like (I mean, I'm no Molly Mae! 😂)
Try wear by Cher on Instagram. A few of my friends have got bits off her. I originally thought her stuff was real, very good dupes.

Ali express. You can screenshot a photo of what you want and search on there x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.