Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I fringed again this morning 😄 think it could do with some dry texture spray though. Any recommendations?

Reactions: 1
Besides how nice they look I don’t think they’re any better than other hair dryers so not worth the high price tag. The heat settings are a crap, even the lowest setting is very hot and the diffuser is terrible compared to other hair dryers. The straighteners and the air wrap are really good though.
---

AllDayChemist is a good website if you’re looking to buy tret in the UK
Thank you so much! Do they ship to the UK?

Can anyone recommend a cheap long lasting perfume for every day wear?

Some good ideas in the perfume thread x
---
is this an application issue ie. don't let it touch the skin or more to do w the brand / products? thanks for letting me know though if there's any specific i can look up i'd appreciate it x
It's to do with the levels of harmful chemicals in the polish and also using a different brand lamp to the polish is a big no no. It took about ten months for the allergy to develop for me and I got onycholysis on all my fingers (twice as I decided to try again with a salon brand 🥲).

Attached are the groups i am in on Facebook which were v helpful although more info is available now as there was articles on the BBC site about it during the year.

I'd try and get your hands on a professional brand if you can. There's a popular biab brand (TGB) that was causing loads of allergies too though but CND were mentioned to be safe although they cost a fortune x

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Lovelies, what is the best way to go about getting a whiter smile?
I was looking for the Crest 3D, but I've read so many different reviews I don't know whether it is just worth it to get it done properly with my dentist !!
I don't need Invisalign or anything as I am quite lucky and have very straight teeth, it's just the fact I'd like them a little whiter as I drink an obscene amount of coffee!

My tu boots arrived today! Not sure I can pull off the mum Jean n boots look. I don’t normally roll these up, just whilst I tried them on.
View attachment 2557038
Quoting myself
Tu only have 25% off now! They only had it a few weeks ago so didn’t hold off!
I used to get a heads up cos my mum used to work for sainsburys!

Reactions: 5
I’ve never had anything bad from Revolution, would definitely recommend. I even have two of the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror eyeshadow palettes and I bought the Friends Lipstick for Men lip topper for a laugh 😂 The eyeshadows are brilliant, so pigmented and blendable. Hell the lip topper is even decent to turn the colour of you lipstick a bit cooler. I have a pillow talk dupe and deep red lipstick that do not budge as well. Would recommend the brow mascara if you have very dark brows as it’s the only one (apart from one NYX one) I’ve found that is dark enough without being red and warm toned.
Was thinking of grabbing the Starter Kit? What do you think? 🙂

Attachments

Some good ideas in the perfume thread x
---

It's to do with the levels of harmful chemicals in the polish and also using a different brand lamp to the polish is a big no no. It took about ten months for the allergy to develop for me and I got onycholysis on all my fingers (twice as I decided to try again with a salon brand 🥲).

Attached are the groups i am in on Facebook which were v helpful although more info is available now as there was articles on the BBC site about it during the year.

I'd try and get your hands on a professional brand if you can. There's a popular biab brand (TGB) that was causing loads of allergies too though but CND were mentioned to be safe although they cost a fortune x
TGB definitely has HEMA in it, which I think is believed to be the most problematic chemical, but I’m sure it’s not the sole problem one.

Was thinking of grabbing the Starter Kit? What do you think? 🙂
I haven’t used most of that (or similar ie a different powder by Revolution) but I do swear by the eyeshadows, all three palettes I’ve got are great. I have an eyeliner pencil too, which is in the kit and also can’t fault that. It’s lighter than I was expecting but I ordered it without seeing it in real life so that’s not their fault! If it saves money on buying individual items and you’d use those specific colours, I think it’s worth a punt.

Reactions: 2
Buy of the week - Chanel No 5. Everywhere I’ve been over the weekend I’ve had so many compliments!

I was stuck in the trap of buying cheaper perfumes that would fade rapidly and I’d be respecting all day. This one I sprayed about 6 times and lasted me the whole day. Definitely worth the money 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 7
TGB definitely has HEMA in it, which I think is believed to be the most problematic chemical, but I’m sure it’s not the sole problem one.
TGB has just released a HEMA free BIAB (Nail tech here), but I definitely wouldn’t recommend builder gel for someone who isn’t trained. And tbh doing your own nails may look simple, but the majority of it is the correct prep and using all the correct products together, not just applying the polish.

Reactions: 2
Is k18 worth the hype?
We seem to have mixed opinions here! I think it really helped my fried hair, but maybe I want to believe that because I spent £50 on a tiny pot of white cream for my hair which is dead anyway 🤣. Someone on here have a tip that you rub it between your hands until it goes really white and emulsified in your hands and that was a top tip. My hair has always been fragile when wet and prone to being really tangled, so I was worried about not using conditioner but it did really smooth my hair enough that I could comb it through which I could never do having just shampooed with no conditioner otherwise.

I did notice that Revolution have brought out their own version and Glaze also have a version, both cheaper than K18 but I don’t know how they compare.
---
TGB has just released a HEMA free BIAB (Nail tech here), but I definitely wouldn’t recommend builder gel for someone who isn’t trained. And tbh doing your own nails may look simple, but the majority of it is the correct prep and using all the correct products together, not just applying the polish.
I’m fairly rubbish at doing my nails. Much respect to nail techs!

Is k18 worth the hype?
I don’t know. I bought the leave in and just felt like my hair needed more moisture every time i used it. You can’t condition the hair and it just left my curls in a mess. Start with a small size if you do invest.

After my initial joy at getting my hair lopped off at the weekend I've realised that basically I didn't get the cut that I asked for (who cuts a bob so it's longer in the back?! In 2023?!) I didn't notice at the time because I was looking straight on in the mirror and didn't really get shown the side view when they get the other mirror out.

Anyway, I could contact them and ask for an appointment to fix it, but is there really any point in returning to the scene of the crime? They are cheaper than some of the other hairdressers around but maybe there's a reason for that...

I've been going to them for years for simple trims and this is the first time I've asked them to do anything vaguely complicated/risky. My hairdresser is going on maternity next year so I'd end up needing to find a new one anyway. I'm thinking just wait until it grows out a bit then try a new place? What would you lot do?

After my initial joy at getting my hair lopped off at the weekend I've realised that basically I didn't get the cut that I asked for (who cuts a bob so it's longer in the back?! In 2023?!) I didn't notice at the time because I was looking straight on in the mirror and didn't really get shown the side view when they get the other mirror out.

Anyway, I could contact them and ask for an appointment to fix it, but is there really any point in returning to the scene of the crime? They are cheaper than some of the other hairdressers around but maybe there's a reason for that...

I've been going to them for years for simple trims and this is the first time I've asked them to do anything vaguely complicated/risky. My hairdresser is going on maternity next year so I'd end up needing to find a new one anyway. I'm thinking just wait until it grows out a bit then try a new place? What would you lot do?
I’d try somewhere new personally, you can always circle back and use the mat leave as an excuse if it doesn’t work out!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.