Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have two questions;

1) how do people know how to dress so stylishly according to their body type? I have Tried those quizzes and no dice. I have had 2 little girls now and my body is so different! Only feel comfy in tracksuits or Adanola leggings and a long tshirt 😞 how the hell do I figure it out without paying for a stylist 😂

2) how do some people always have perfect hair? I have to wash mine every day (don’t try to convince me otherwise 😂) think it’s a sensory thing. But my hair is super thick and Flicky and takes ages to dry. Usually shoved up in a clip.

I am basically Julia from motherland but I’d like to be a little bit more like Amanda 😂😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I have two questions;

1) how do people know how to dress so stylishly according to their body type? I have Tried those quizzes and no dice. I have had 2 little girls now and my body is so different! Only feel comfy in tracksuits or Adanola leggings and a long tshirt 😞 how the hell do I figure it out without paying for a stylist 😂

2) how do some people always have perfect hair? I have to wash mine every day (don’t try to convince me otherwise 😂) think it’s a sensory thing. But my hair is super thick and Flicky and takes ages to dry. Usually shoved up in a clip.

I am basically Julia from motherland but I’d like to be a little bit more like Amanda 😂😂😂
On the body type one, I ended up taking measurements of my shoulders, bust, waist and hips, and there's a website (like this one Body Shape Calculator - What Body Type Are You? - Inch Calculator ) where you can plug the measurements in and it gives you a body type. I've found it helpful to create some balance since I have massive shoulders.

On the hair thing, I've come to the conclusion that people are either willing to spend a lot of time on their hair, or have spent a lot of time figuring out how to style it efficiently and what works for them. I think getting the right cut helps, too.

Reactions: 4
On the body type one, I ended up taking measurements of my shoulders, bust, waist and hips, and there's a website (like this one Body Shape Calculator - What Body Type Are You? - Inch Calculator ) where you can plug the measurements in and it gives you a body type. I've found it helpful to create some balance since I have massive shoulders.

On the hair thing, I've come to the conclusion that people are either willing to spend a lot of time on their hair, or have spent a lot of time figuring out how to style it efficiently and what works for them. I think getting the right cut helps, too.
Thanks for that! I will have a look. Agreed on hair too. Don’t have time for that tit at the moment. On the haircut, I don’t think I’ve ever had a cut where I’m happy with it. Think because my hair is super fine but there’s so much of it, and I always end up with dodgy layers/not enough weight out of it etc.

Reactions: 2
I'm a bit of a makeup novice. However I would quite like to make more of an effort with myself! Whilst browsing, I've noticed Revolution do little starter sets - wondered what the makeup was like and wether it was worth purchasing a few?

Revolution has some good and not good makeup. Also worth shopping around because it is often on offer somewhere. I like a concealer they do for dark circles, but they have just discontinued it. Some of the blusher sets are good. They have a range under a fiver, the regular range, plus the more expensive pro range. Just My Look has a good range, but the Revolution website has regular sales. some of their s5uff is a bit childish, making this up but tie ins with films like Shrek, that kind of thing.

Just hit up the Victoria Beckham counter. Tried the satin Kajal liners but I already have shades similar so went for the lid lustre in mink instead. Adore the colour.

Reactions: 6
I have two questions;

I have frizzy thick hair and long thought that I’m never going to have “nice” hair, but investing in a good conditioner (and only conditioning the lengths and ends), doing an Olaplex treatment once a week, and using hair oil on the lengths and ends has made it so much more manageable and less frizzy even in humidity. Also the classic - lots of heat protection, and I get it trimmed every 6-8 weeks.

Just hit up the Victoria Beckham counter. Tried the satin Kajal liners but I already have shades similar so went for the lid lustre in mink instead. Adore the colour.
Whatever you think about her (I personally am a fan) VBs make up is great and I rave about it here 😂 I have the Lid Lustre in mink too and it’s my go to evening eye !

Reactions: 6
Yep, it was me! It was fine, I only bruised a little from the needles but nothing a bit of make-up didn't hide. I definitely felt like my eyes were less tired and puffy feeling for a few weeks afterwards, but I do think just the one session wasn't enough and if I do it again, I'd get a course of 3 perhaps. I also think tear trough filler might be a route I'd like to go down at some point.
Thank you thats my decision lumi eye or tear. Thank you for replying

I have frizzy thick hair and long thought that I’m never going to have “nice” hair, but investing in a good conditioner (and only conditioning the lengths and ends), doing an Olaplex treatment once a week, and using hair oil on the lengths and ends has made it so much more manageable and less frizzy even in humidity. Also the classic - lots of heat protection, and I get it trimmed every 6-8 weeks.
Thank you 😊 what shampoo & conditioner do you use?

I'm a bit of a makeup novice. However I would quite like to make more of an effort with myself! Whilst browsing, I've noticed Revolution do little starter sets - wondered what the makeup was like and wether it was worth purchasing a few?
I'd recommend Elf over revolution personally. Worth looking at reviews first for either brand as can be hit or miss.

Reactions: 5
I can fault the Garnier food treatments. My hair always looks shiny and strong. Unfortunately it’s difficult to buy where I live.

Reactions: 3
Guys I got invisalign this year, and it was the best thing I’ve ever done 😭 my teeth weren’t even bad before but suddenly everyone is complimenting me on my teeth and saying “you always look so much happier?!!” But it’s because I’m smiling so much more.

This is a picture of my teeth currently, I haven’t even finished my treatment yet and I have free whitening at the end. I highly recommend it, especially with Black Friday deals coming up
These look amazing, can you drop the lip combo too please 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Revolution has some good and not good makeup. Also worth shopping around because it is often on offer somewhere. I like a concealer they do for dark circles, but they have just discontinued it. Some of the blusher sets are good. They have a range under a fiver, the regular range, plus the more expensive pro range. Just My Look has a good range, but the Revolution website has regular sales. some of their s5uff is a bit childish, making this up but tie ins with films like Shrek, that kind of thing.
I’ve never had anything bad from Revolution, would definitely recommend. I even have two of the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror eyeshadow palettes and I bought the Friends Lipstick for Men lip topper for a laugh 😂 The eyeshadows are brilliant, so pigmented and blendable. Hell the lip topper is even decent to turn the colour of you lipstick a bit cooler. I have a pillow talk dupe and deep red lipstick that do not budge as well. Would recommend the brow mascara if you have very dark brows as it’s the only one (apart from one NYX one) I’ve found that is dark enough without being red and warm toned.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.