Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would love to know how much people spend on their haircuts and how often?
I have fairly long hair and have a wash, cut and blow dry. Costs me £32 every 3 months give or take. I don’t know if that’s good or bad but have been going to my hairdresser for years and she works from home, not in a salon.

Reactions: 1
On the subject of perfume: Anna Sui Sundae Violet Vibe is similar to Baccarat Rouge, but less overpowering than either it or Red Temptation, and a bit less plasticky than Cloud if a you're a fan of that type of scent

• Wow
Reactions: 5
£18 for a wash, cut and blowdry in the salon round the corner from me. Go once every 6-8wks. Occasionally pop in for a wash and blowdry as a pick me up if I feel a bit naff, which costs me about £10.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
£85 for colour, cut and blow dry every 8-15 weeks. Depends how bad it looks and what plans I have.
If I don’t have the cash, I’ll use a box colour to top up the roots and leave it longer between appointments.

Morning Tattlers - I get married in 3 weeks and I am feeling completely run down! I am not sleeping properly (this mornings grand waking time was 2:30am) This is the second weekend I have woke with a sore throat and snuffly nose - Really would appreciate any hints or tips to perk myself up and ensure I'm feeling my best for the big day! As I feel at this rate, I'll be a swollen, puffy, snotty witch! 😂 x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Morning Tattlers - I get married in 3 weeks and I am feeling completely run down! I am not sleeping properly (this mornings grand waking time was 2:30am) This is the second weekend I have woke with a sore throat and snuffly nose - Really would appreciate any hints or tips to perk myself up and ensure I'm feeling my best for the big day! As I feel at this rate, I'll be a swollen, puffy, snotty witch! 😂 x
I’m a big fan of the Garnier vitamin C range to perk me skin up. It’s pretty cheap, too. Aside from that, sounds like you’re a little rundown so some orange juice, protein and a night off from wedding duties sounds like a good idea.

Reactions: 4
oh god this is a bone of contention for me… my stylist is the best I’ve ever had, love her but oh my gosh she’s expensive. I live in south east for context- in an affluent area but it a lot because I have grey roots so can’t afford this regularly.
Root tint + t-section highlights + toner + cut & blow dry = £190 😭

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Cut and blow dry with senior stylist (in Ireland, any of the larger cities) is €70 for me, works out at around £60.

Mine's £32.50 for long hair cut and blow. The bonus is you're not in and out in 30 minutes with damp hair. Also don't have had to listen to the stylists bitching about clients and other staff over your head, as happened in previous salons I went to. I think she allows 90 minutes for a cut and blow and she never witches. And you get a head massage. Just so relaxing. 💇‍♀️ 🥰

Went yesterday. £66 for cut and blowdry. Plus I give a tenner as a tip. Outskirts London. Owner of salon. Cheap for my area. Used to go to central London and it used to be £120. The cut I get from him is better.

oh god this is a bone of contention for me… my stylist is the best I’ve ever had, love her but oh my gosh she’s expensive. I live in south east for context- in an affluent area but it a lot because I have grey roots so can’t afford this regularly.
Root tint + t-section highlights + toner + cut & blow dry = £190 😭
I have long hair and a pretty bad patch of grey right at the front. I have no choice but to get my hair done every 8-10 weeks. I get a full head or half head of scattered highlights, olaplex, toner, cut and blow dry for the €220 mark.
Going blonde has made my maintenance easier and my hair in better condition. When I was auburn I would have to colour my hair every 4-6 weeks and it was hard on my hair.

I have long hair and a pretty bad patch of grey right at the front. I have no choice but to get my hair done every 8-10 weeks. I get a full head or half head of scattered highlights, olaplex, toner, cut and blow dry for the €220 mark.
Going blonde has made my maintenance easier and my hair in better condition. When I was auburn I would have to colour my hair every 4-6 weeks and it was hard on my hair.
I guess it is what is … I’ve spoken to friends and they pay around £150ish for the same.
Having grey hair to cover (mine is almost entirely white) costs a fortune in upkeep. I’ve tried going ash blonde but it made me look so washed out.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I guess it is what is … I’ve spoken to friends and they pay around £150ish for the same.
Having grey hair to cover (mine is almost entirely white) costs a fortune in upkeep. I’ve tried going ash blonde but it made me look so washed out.
It does cost a fortune!! Even when I "just" got an all over colour it was €90 but that was every 4-6 weeks and it really needed to be 4 or I'd be so unhappy with my hair!
I'm lucky that the Ask blonde suits me I guess, never thought I would spend so much on hair 😅

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.