Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably wrong thread really, as the most groomed and polished I get is when I actually iron my Slayer T Shirt but I need help….
I’ve come to order my usual black Frankie Skinny Jeans from Dorothy Perkins tonight and the site has nothing in a 14 whatsoever. I realise I’m probably at least ten years out of fashion here, but I live in my skinny jeans so need to find an alternative. Stretchy, comfy, it hugely expensive and 14. Anyone help?

Reactions: 3
Probably wrong thread really, as the most groomed and polished I get is when I actually iron my Slayer T Shirt but I need help….
I’ve come to order my usual black Frankie Skinny Jeans from Dorothy Perkins tonight and the site has nothing in a 14 whatsoever. I realise I’m probably at least ten years out of fashion here, but I live in my skinny jeans so need to find an alternative. Stretchy, comfy, it hugely expensive and 14. Anyone help?
I ordered DP Frankie jeans when New Look didn’t have my size of my preferred jeans, which I think are called the Hallie. I also live in skinny jeans! New Look’s are a thicker material to DP but otherwise pretty similar. I found DP’s sizing to be more generous than New Look, although I was buying a few sizes larger than you do! Failing that, some good quality jeggings might be a good replacement for the Frankie’s?

Reactions: 2
On the last version of this thread there’s been a lot of love for Lovall Leggings. They do jeans too. Might be worth a peep!

Reactions: 1
Thanks ladies, I’ll have a look at both suggestions. I’d not considered new look and I’ve used to buy their jeans a lot years ago. I think I just fell into a ‘these will do’ thing with the Frankie
The Lovall shaped and lift seem to have really good reviews too.

Check out Vinted. DP darcy jeans are my faves and I get mine off there now as they’re hard to come by in my size on the website
Failing that, lovall jeans have great reviews. I love their leggings ❤

GUYS I found these in TK maxx today!! £28 for all 3 as opposed to £67 on the amika website x

don’t sleep on tk maxx guys!!! They had tons of kerastase and olaplex too

702056A9-F68A-4321-8588-2574A522F56D.jpeg

Reactions: 7
I love skinny jeans! I wear Pull & Bear - really comfy and not expensive. You can get them on ASOS or directly from Pull & Bear website x

Does anyone know is there somewhere I can go to like, have somebody show me what makeup to wear? 🤣 I’ve stuck to the same things for most of my life and I just feel like it’s too cakey for my age. I struggle to change up my makeup looks as I’m SO PALE that I find it hard to find good colour matches. Since having my baby I feel like my makeup looks so heavy and makes me look even more tired and I don’t even know where to start.
Many of the big brands will do a complete make up look for you in store (some have an appointment system so worth checking first) and will give you tips on how to apply, latest products etc. it’s usually free of charge with the hope/expectation that you will buy a few products

Reactions: 1
Annoyingly I’ve got some lovely Skinny 501s that fit well and are quite flattering without the sag at the front you sometimes get with stretch jeans, my problem with them is they just feel too thick. Also have a pair of Lucky Brand, again lovely jeans but for reasons I don’t understand are super skinny right up to my calves when they suddenly go huge down to my feet 😂.
im going to sit down tomorrow and look properly at the recommendations. I tend to buy a load of Frankie’s, wear them lots, buy a black Dylon and restore the colour, and repeat, but it occurs to me I seem to be ripping a lot of pairs now, despite having lost weight, so can only conclude they are just thin with age.

Anyone had dermaplanning? Thinking of doing it but would hate to regret it....
I’ve been doing it for years. Had it done both professionally and at home with the same results. I was nervous when I first started because I have dark, thick & curly hair and had heard horror stories about the hair growing in thicker but it hasn’t happened. My skin always looks so much better when I’ve done it (x2 weekly). I probably shouldn’t but I just use regular shaving foam when I do it 😂

So I had dermaplaning done and my skin is really really bad 😫 spots everywhere!!

Does anyone have any recommendations for skin care to sort it out?

Currently I use cerave hydrating foaming oil cleanser, Paula's choice BHA liquid exfoliant, byoma hydrating serum and the cerave facial moisturising lotion.

Is there anything I can add to help? I'm going on a hen weekend on Friday and look like a troll currently 🤣

I'd swap the oil cleanser out for something else...the BHA should sort it. La Roche Posay effeclar range is my go to for spots.

It’s not even been two weeks and the random hair on my neck is growing back 😭

I bought the cult beauty advent calendar today… I’m sure they put a sleep mask in it last year, so not sure why they have put another in this year. I couldn’t be arsed researching what was in all the other calendars, so stuck to what I know. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤣

I have bought the Pull & Bear jeans. This is after buying an £11 pair from Amazon that were utterly shite. They have gone back. P&B arrive tomorrow. I shall update! Didn't realise they were Zara though

• Heart
I’m sorry if this has already been asked, but I’m interested in people’s experiences of skin+me? I see so many ads etc online but unsure how much is paid marketing vs actual experiences

I’m sorry if this has already been asked, but I’m interested in people’s experiences of skin+me? I see so many ads etc online but unsure how much is paid marketing vs actual experiences
I tried it. It went all flaky and crumbly under my makeup every time I used it, dried my skin out massively, and is overpriced for what it is tbh.

The ‘tailored for you’ is bullshit as well. My friend and I had the exact same formula despite her having bad exema and acne, and my skin being oily (at the time).

Reactions: 5
I used it for about 10 months or so. My skin initially looked smooth and nice and glowy then it just stopped working and my skin went back to being uneven with small bumps. They then included an antibiotic which done nothing so I stopped using it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.