Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Purple shampoo. The bleach London one is good on a budget or the olaplex / Kevin Murphy one. Apply to dry hair for 5 mins max and shampoo with another shampoo. It should brighten it up and takes out any brassy tones. Don’t leave it on for too long or it will stain purple.
Thanks. It’s not a terrible colour, I just need to brighten it a bit

Reactions: 2
Purple shampoo. The bleach London one is good on a budget or the olaplex / Kevin Murphy one. Apply to dry hair for 5 mins max and shampoo with another shampoo. It should brighten it up and takes out any brassy tones. Don’t leave it on for too long or it will stain purple.
I didn’t consider applying it to dry hair. Seemingly I’m not very smart! Thanks for this tip!

• Heart
I've just used a Loreal hair dye - think it was 6.11 dark ash blonde 🤔
Anyway, it came with 2 purples for brassiness - a shampoo and conditioner. 😯
I bought the Fanola purple shampoo and conditioner, but I’m not using conditioner at the moment whilst I use K18 and I found Fanola good but very drying, so I was applying a normal conditioner afterwards. I’m now thinking the purple shampoo dry, then normal shampoo, then K18 might be the way forward for me!

Reactions: 3
It’s sad that young women feel the need to do this. Societal pressure + vanity = a woman’s tax. All the money we waste on products for what? Bad enough me searching for the holy grail of this and that and ditching it after a few uses, but all the money on tweakments at young ages is terrifying. At what point will they stop? That retiree’s story shows it’s not just younger women who fall for the blandishments of shopping tv, Instagram advertisers (they are not influencers, they are salespeople).

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Sick of having thin patchy eyebrows that I need to fill in daily - unfortunately they fell victim to the overplucking/grooming trend of the noughties and I want the lovely full brows of my teens back! Would love to only have to use a bit of eyebrow gel in the mornings. Can anyone recommend a good eyebrow growth serum that isn’t too pricey and actually works?

Reactions: 1
Adult daughter called me earlier.... "WHY CAN I NOT BUY FRANKIE JEANS!!!?" Had to laugh. Pointed her in the direction of Pull and Bear as well.
Can anyone recommend a good full coverage foundation please?
I'd agree with this:
Can’t beat double wear
If you're near any of the outlets such as Cheshire Oaks etc, I've had luck buying Double Wear in the Cosmetic Company.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Right all, it’s payday and I want to buy myself something nice. Max £50ish, I’m preggo so everything is a struggle/angering me at the moment, love a cosy vibe. Can be edible, wearable, whatever. Thoughts would be appreciated 😊
Fluffy maternity pjs
Heated blanket
Thick warm slipper socks
Hot chocolate stirrers
Oodie (or cheaper version)
Nice warm dressing gown
Comfy maternity lounge wear
Heated foot warmer (I’ve got one, amazing!)
Options white hot choc powder 😋
New candles
New coat
Hat and scarf set
New winter footwear
Onsie
Hot water bottle
Biscuits selection for cosy night in
Tubs of chocs

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Right all, it’s payday and I want to buy myself something nice. Max £50ish, I’m preggo so everything is a struggle/angering me at the moment, love a cosy vibe. Can be edible, wearable, whatever. Thoughts would be appreciated 😊
I really like Neal’s Yard Remedies:

(15% off first orders)

• Heart
I really like Neal’s Yard Remedies:

(15% off first orders)
I spend a lot of money on neals yard already 😬
---
Fluffy maternity pjs
Heated blanket
Thick warm slipper socks
Hot chocolate stirrers
Oodie (or cheaper version)
Nice warm dressing gown
Comfy maternity lounge wear
Heated foot warmer (I’ve got one, amazing!)
Options white hot choc powder 😋
New candles
New coat
Hat and scarf set
New winter footwear
Onsie
Hot water bottle
Biscuits selection for cosy night in
Tubs of chocs
Some fabulous ideas - thank you

• Heart
Sick of having thin patchy eyebrows that I need to fill in daily - unfortunately they fell victim to the overplucking/grooming trend of the noughties and I want the lovely full brows of my teens back! Would love to only have to use a bit of eyebrow gel in the mornings. Can anyone recommend a good eyebrow growth serum that isn’t too pricey and actually works?
The ordinary one is really nice. Noticed a difference quickly and it’s cheap enough I’ll actually repurchase unlike others.

Reactions: 4
Any recommendations for eye creams that aren’t super expensive? About to go on maternity and trying to save money.

I’ve enjoyed a good pedicure/foot massage during pregnancy - especially towards the end when my feet have been swollen/bit achey.
And I usually hate my feet being touched!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I spend a lot of money on neals yard already 😬
---

Some fabulous ideas - thank you
You’re welcome. If I think of anymore then I’ll post them

Please let us know what you buy! Invested now 😂😂

Asos, boohoo, look fantastic and beauty bay have sales on as well as M&S & TU
Boots do a ten pound Tuesday, get some good deals on there also. Especially if you have an advantage card.
Superdrug have offers on if you have the free to join rewards card

Omg I sound like some deranged influencer 😂🙈
I don’t sleep very well so I just pass the time by online window shopping 😳😂

• Heart
You’re welcome. If I think of anymore then I’ll post them

Please let us know what you buy! Invested now 😂😂

Asos, boohoo, look fantastic and beauty bay have sales on as well as M&S & TU
Boots do a ten pound Tuesday, get some good deals on there also. Especially if you have an advantage card.
Superdrug have offers on if you have the free to join rewards card

Omg I sound like some deranged influencer 😂🙈
I don’t sleep very well so I just pass the time by online window shopping 😳😂
I actually bought myself a watch in the end. Was going to buy myself one when I got my promotion but that didn’t happen when I told them I was pregnant, so I bought it now 😊 Vinted purchase, Vivienne Westwood ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I actually bought myself a watch in the end. Was going to buy myself one when I got my promotion but that didn’t happen when I told them I was pregnant, so I bought it now 😊 Vinted purchase, Vivienne Westwood ❤
I’m literally looking at Marc Jacob’s watches on Vinted 😂

I’m glad you got something that appeals to you
Sorry you didn’t get your promotion, you get something better instead ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.