Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lipsticks - how do you keep your on? I don’t have dry lips but they seem to soak the lipstick up like a sponge.
It’s all in the prep- wear a lip mask or slap on loads of lip balm before you sleep. When doing skin care put on a lip mask then when you’re doing makeup wipe it off and apply lipstick

I am having a nightmare with bleeping chin hair, it’s ruining my life 😣😣 I got checked for PCOS and I don’t have it, I always had 1 or 2 stray hairs but the last year it’s gotten so much worse and I stupidly started shaving it. I knew it wasn’t ideal but it was the most convenient option because the hairs were visible again after less than 24 hours…

I went to my beauticians today and she said laser hair removal is the way to go but I need to avoid removing the hair for FOUR WEEKS before the treatment…. I nearly started crying, I can’t even leave it 2/3 days or it’s sooo obvious. I saw a guy in the office glance down at it a few months ago when I hadn’t shaved it and I felt awful. It’s about 10 dark hairs just under my chin…

What are my options? Should I wax? I’ve tried plucking but it’s not very convenient….

I thought I’d give an update on my chin hair woes. Thanks for all the advice on it, it made me feel much better knowing other people go through it too…

I don’t know why she would need me to grow out the hair for four weeks or why it’s necessary, I’m booked into another medi-spa for consultation this week to get a second opinion and see what they say. Loads of conflicting stuff online and obviously no certainty about if the laser will actually work.

I have very sensitive skin and can’t do the Veet cream things but I did get my chin waxed this morning…. I can already feel the hairs!! But they’re not visible so I’m happy for now.

I will look into electrolysis and IPL and everything mentioned here…. I had my face IPL’d a few years ago for pigmentation and redness, couldn’t recommend it enough if anyone else is considering it ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My roots are coming through and my hair dye is fading and it's starting to bother me. I just go an all over brown & I'm wanting to try and match my natural colour. I'm pretty skint, do you think a box dye will be fine? I have very curly hair (3 b/c,) & my natural hair is dark dark brown so I feel like it will be forgiving of mistakes?
I'd discourage you from using a box dye and try to persuade you to let me help you get a bit of a fadey ombre extended root smudge situation going so you can grow the ends out more comfortably (I really like the lightened parts!). If you don't get a good match with your natural colour you're a bit back to square one, but most especially because you might find that all-over brown fading from the lightened parts fairly soon and then you're colouring again.

A semi-permanent on the ends might just sort you out a treat too and that's something you can do from a box with less at stake!

Everyone's right, your hair is gorgeous 🖤

Reactions: 3
Can anyone reccommened some wet look/leather (not too wet look, more like a coated style) look jeggings? My trusty miss selfridge ones have had it 🥺 Also where do you guys get your jeans from? Always been a fan of RI "molly jeans" but wanting to try something new.
My favourite are Topshop coated jeans, I’ve been wearing them for the past 4 years and they are still like new.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
My favourite are Topshop coated jeans, I’ve been wearing them for the past 4 years and they are still like new.
I've got some from new look. My little girls started nursery so time to hit the gym! Hopefully won't be long till I'm back in my size 12s 🤣 I've got a few pairs on top shop jeans, don't know why I didnt think of them. Also finally ordered some new balances 327s. Got them from £64 on schuh imperfects. Got 5 pairs of shoes from these now you can't even tell they are ex display!

Reactions: 5
Can anyone reccommened some wet look/leather (not too wet look, more like a coated style) look jeggings? My trusty miss selfridge ones have had it 🥺 Also where do you guys get your jeans from? Always been a fan of RI "molly jeans" but wanting to try something new.
For leather look jeggings, I recommend the urban bliss ones from new look. They are really comfy!

Jeans I am still on the hunt. Any that fit me round the waist are always too tight on my hips/thighs 😩

Olaplex 3 - anyone use it for hair that isn’t dyed but is trying to go grey with a funny brittle texture? Is it just for dyed hair?

Silly question but does "purple shampoo" benefit people with naturally blonde hair or is it just for dyed hair? My sisters given me two bottles and I dont dye my hair 🤦‍♀️

For leather look jeggings, I recommend the urban bliss ones from new look. They are really comfy!

Jeans I am still on the hunt. Any that fit me round the waist are always too tight on my hips/thighs 😩
I found ASOS’s hourglass range about 5 mins before I got pregnant. They fitted me perfectly, whereas before I’d have a gaping waist to fit my thighs in. Hopefully they’ll fit again one day because I can’t be arsed starting the lifelong mission of finding trousers that fit AGAIN.

I found ASOS’s hourglass range about 5 mins before I got pregnant. They fitted me perfectly, whereas before I’d have a gaping waist to fit my thighs in. Hopefully they’ll fit again one day because I can’t be arsed starting the lifelong mission of finding trousers that fit AGAIN.
They sound great! I'll have a look, thanks!!

This Thread is not good for my bank balance... 😂😂 I've just started a job as a TA (after 5 years off to raise kiddies!) - having lived in Leggings and Hoodies - it's time for me, to be me! 😊 All the advice on Thread #1 & #2 has been invaluable! Just wondered how those with kids and Full Time work find the time to look after yourself? I'm just tired all the time... which results in me being and looking an absolute Slob!?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This Thread is not good for my bank balance... 😂😂 I've just started a job as a TA (after 5 years off to raise kiddies!) - having lived in Leggings and Hoodies - it's time for me, to be me! 😊 All the advice on Thread #1 & #2 has been invaluable! Just wondered how those with kids and Full Time work find the time to look after yourself? I'm just tired all the time... which results in me being and looking an absolute Slob!?
Not claiming in any way to be a pro. This is what I do working FT & kids . i don't do tan Thursday any more, I use dove gradual tan everyday after showering i always have a "subtle glow" and it works for events or if something comes up last min!

Hair- I trained my hair during Covid so i now wash it once a week. Previously was washing every 2 days now with kids don't have time. Day I'm washing hair i do face mask, hair mask, shave legs etc.

Skincare in evenings beside bed, makeup comes off in shower!

Home pedicure once a month - with those callus peel kits from boots! Disgusting but amazing!

Makeup i use Sculpted alot of multifunction products- lipstick that's blush, eyeshadow that's also bronzer- all in same pallet so handy for out and about kids bag!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My new tip - invest in a couple of good quality well fitting staples, they can elevate any outfit and personally knowing something looks well makes me feel a lot better.

In recent weeks I’ve purchased a new long coat (while not hugely expensive, it’s more than I would normally spend), new boots and a couple of new tops. I’ve had some really nice comments from people I don’t really know at all on these things. I think it’s obvious when we’ve made an effort (and yes, I am one of those women who compliment others when I see something fab, even asking where it’s from sometimes).

I need to take some of these hair tips though, my hair is a mess and although a nice blow dry does wonders, it’s not practical for me all the time.

Reactions: 9
Any recommendations for an everyday shampoo not too expensive

My hair is in good condition as don’t dye it but I’ve very straight fine hair so just find my shampoo(herbal essences) at the moment is making my hair very flat and lifeless

Has anyone used the Cider website/app?
I keep seeing things from there that I just think *that is so incredibly me*
I'm applying for jobs so hopefully will have a few interview outfits on the go

I don't have kids but I'd suggest comfy cloths that still make you look put together - for example pants like this that feel like you're in tracksuits but look more presentable, leather leggings with sweaters instead of gym leggings with hoodies etc. Also finding extremely quick make up routine with only a few products (Erborian BB cream, mascara and bronzer that you can also use as an eyeshadow for example).

There's a trend on Tiktok - being high maintenance so you can be low maintenance - get your hair trimmed every 3 months so you always have a nice hairstyle and don't have to lose time styling it, get your nails done once a month so your hands always look nice and you don't have to lose time painting them every 3 days at home, tint your brows so you can get up and don't have to fill them in etc. It makes a lot of sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Is there a way to link the original thread to this one? I want to read it all, a bit like when there’s threads for celebs etc?

Can anyone recommend a camisole/vest that will help create curves under clothes? There's lots of slimming options out there, but I'm a skinny bean and would really like something that gives a bit more roundness in the bust - not masses of padding, just a smooth shape. Preferably with a tan option for under white tops!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.