Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love this thread! I have taken some tips from the previous one and this one, whilst going through a particularly rough time and really not feeling like my best self, I’ve always struggled with my weight but atm I feel so awful and uncomfortable 😣 I love the idea of self care and want to put it into practise but to me that just means a bath lol 😆 with some nice body wash. Tonight, I’ve got a face mask and I’m gonna dermaplan my face again and slather on some body lotion and foot lotion! Little steps to overhaul how I’m feeling. Thank you all.
oh - question - does anyone here use Lush for skincare? I was given some freebies and really liked them. Would like others’ opinions please.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I love this thread! I have taken some tips from the previous one and this one, whilst going through a particularly rough time and really not feeling like my best self, I’ve always struggled with my weight but atm I feel so awful and uncomfortable 😣 I love the idea of self care and want to put it into practise but to me that just means a bath lol 😆 with some nice body wash. Tonight, I’ve got a face mask and I’m gonna dermaplan my face again and slather on some body lotion and foot lotion! Little steps to overhaul how I’m feeling. Thank you all.
oh - question - does anyone here use Lush for skincare? I was given some freebies and really liked them. Would like others’ opinions please.
Face mask, dermaplaning & slathering on various lotions sounds blissful! Put on your favourite music, get a posh glass and fill it with something (even sparkling water!) and just Enjoy it :)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Love their fresh masks 💜

My face looks really swollen lately in the mornings, mostly my eyes, but also around my mouth. I had this on and off for a while, but it usually went away after I got up and had breakfast, but it seems to take longer these days and I don't like how I look.
Any advice what to do about it? I haven't changed my skin care and tried doing a gentle massage on my face using a moisturizer to make it glide better and then "drain" it all to the sides and downward, a bit lit lymphatic massage. Can't say I notice a huge difference though.

Reactions: 3
My face looks really swollen lately in the mornings, mostly my eyes, but also around my mouth. I had this on and off for a while, but it usually went away after I got up and had breakfast, but it seems to take longer these days and I don't like how I look.
Any advice what to do about it? I haven't changed my skin care and tried doing a gentle massage on my face using a moisturizer to make it glide better and then "drain" it all to the sides and downward, a bit lit lymphatic massage. Can't say I notice a huge difference though.
Have you changed your diet? If you used to have a banana with breakfast and stopped that could be it. Potassium is supposed to help flush excess water.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Have you changed your diet? If you used to have a banana with breakfast and stopped that could be it. Potassium is supposed to help flush excess water.
I didn't, but I also didn't know that potassium could help with it, so maybe I should start eating bananas or get it from somewhere else, that's a good starting point. Thanks!

I didn't, but I also didn't know that potassium could help with it, so maybe I should start eating bananas or get it from somewhere else, that's a good starting point. Thanks!
Definitely! Could try a kiwi even

Using a face roller will really help to decrease puffiness and help with lymphatic drainage. You can find routines to follow, but the basic jist of it is, use while you have your cleanser or moisturiser on (needs some kind of lubricant to not drag on the skin) and move outwards starting from the centre of the face- your lymph nodes are behind the ears so we want to drain towards these 😊 I notice an instant difference! Also helps with jaw pain if anyone has TMJ!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just interested in everyone's opinions about at home dermaplaning? I used to get it done but just cannot afford the luxury of it now. However I thought it was great for my skin and would love to try it at home but scared I might go a bit Sweeney Todd on myself 🙈 would like to hear others experiences about it and what tools you recommend for it? X

Reactions: 4
Just interested in everyone's opinions about at home dermaplaning? I used to get it done but just cannot afford the luxury of it now. However I thought it was great for my skin and would love to try it at home but scared I might go a bit Sweeney Todd on myself 🙈 would like to hear others experiences about it and what tools you recommend for it? X
I used some tools I bought on Amazon and I quite liked it - it’s super easy and I never cut myself. I used a serum to prepare my face and then used a dermaplanner.

I always made sure to clean the dermaplanner (I used rubbing alcohol and soap and water) before and after.

I only stopped because I have quite dark hair and didn’t like how it made my peach fuzz grow back.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve just looked in a magnifying mirror ( I know I shouldn’t have looked!) and think I have some small warts which are mostly not visible, has anyone else had these and how do you treat them?

Do you need a new pillow? This happened to me when I stayed at a hotel and the pillow was flatter than the one I had at home.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Are the Crest 3d white strips worth the money? And do they make your teeth sensitive? Any advice would be great x

Reactions: 1
Are the Crest 3d white strips worth the money? And do they make your teeth sensitive? Any advice would be great x
In my opinion they are worth it. If you have sensitive teeth space out the applications and also use sensodyne. I always say to do it in the warmer months as coming into the colder weather if your teeth are sensitive the cold wind will make it worse 🤣

Reactions: 6
100% worth it. I have used them a couple of times spread out over a couple of years and my teeth are still very white! The website whitesmiles always has discounts on them! Also I highly recommend Oral B White Perfection toothpaste! ✨

Reactions: 5
I use teeth strips from Amazon and wear my blue light retainer and that speeds them up. They do make my teeth sensitive though.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.