Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone tried those parla tablets? I have composite bonding… I only got it done earlier this year, but i might consider buying them if they do actually brighten my teeth.

Question for those that have used whitening strips/treatments - did you have fairly white teeth to start with or not? My teeth have yellowed but they are straight so I often think if I could whiten them it would be such an improvement but I fear they may be just on the wrong side of discoloured for an over the counter treatment to be effective enough.
Any insight welcome

Reactions: 1
Question for those that have used whitening strips/treatments - did you have fairly white teeth to start with or not? My teeth have yellowed but they are straight so I often think if I could whiten them it would be such an improvement but I fear they may be just on the wrong side of discoloured for an over the counter treatment to be effective enough.
Any insight welcome
I had my teeth whitened professionally (they weren’t especially bad, I was just having other work done so figured why not). My dentist chatted to me quite a bit about whitening:

1. it can just be down to genetics - some people can have slightly yellower teeth just because of genetics, just like some people are more sallow skinned or pale than others.
2. Yellowed teeth can be due to thinning of enamel (which happens naturally with age)
3. Yellowing can be staining, (food, drinks, medication, smoking all cause staining. Poor dental hygiene will also contribute to staining).

so it’s pointless in other words, to ask other people if the strips helped their teeth because their cause for discolouration could be different from yours.

if they are yellower because of aging and enamel wearing thin - there’s not much you can do.

Reactions: 4
Any insight welcome
I have very sensitive teeth and they are yellow from drinking copious amounts of coffee but when I use them they most definitely work… but as I said they make your teeth sensitive so use sensodyne. I’m actually going to go buy more now that you’ve reminded me!!!

• Heart
Anyone tried heatless curls with fabric? Any good & any tips ? My hair feels very flat and limp feel like i need something!

Reactions: 3
Anyone tried heatless curls with fabric? Any good & any tips ? My hair feels very flat and limp feel like i need something!
I tried this multiple times and never got a nice result - the roots will still be flat and I'm too clumsy to wrap up all the hair nicely, there were always kinks in it and it ended up looking quite stupid.
I'm all for the heatless curls and would recommend this technique. It doesn't look too done up and has some more volume at the top, especially if you ruffle it up a bit.

It is very possible to get a good look in this way, depending on the style that you're after and what you're working with, but you'll need lots of practice to figure out what works for you. For a more modern look, use thicker fabrics (towelling or similar) rather than the traditional shredded cotton sheet - you'll end up with 'rounder' curls rather than tight kinks with all sorts of angles going on 🙂

The technique @Codiaeum suggested is a great option, even if you don't have her length (!!). You can get more volume at the roots by moving your parting to the opposite side for the set and wearing your usual parting in the morning. For most people, especially with less rapunzelly hair, I'd say to try your best to have the twist braid more central to the section and not follow the face so closely, otherwise you'll have way less curls & volume around the back and so much at the front. The buns would sit closer to the back.

The thingy that @DCICassieStuart suggested is a good combo of both of the above options but can be a bit slippery for some folk (the OG towelling dressing gown belt might work in that case).

You've got to give it a try... lots of tries! Some people's hair just won't hold a curl not set with heat. That said, with any of these you can give the set a blast with a hairdryer and let it cool *completely* if that helps the longevity of your curls.

Reactions: 7
I have very sensitive teeth and they are yellow from drinking copious amounts of coffee but when I use them they most definitely work… but as I said they make your teeth sensitive so use sensodyne. I’m actually going to go buy more now that you’ve reminded me!!!
Thanks - just interested to know what stage people have tried to whiten from. I know there’s different causes for yellowing teeth but good to gauge whether it’s worth a try

Any recommendations for non caking liquid concealer - I need a brightening one! Thanks
Rimmel's Lasting Radiance Concealer is great for undereye coverage. I suffer terribly with insomnia and have tried a bunch of products - this one drastically brightens up eyebags! I swipe it on and let it sit for a little while before blending.

• Heart
A few pages back someone mentioned Cherry Smoothie from Zara and the nail polish shade colour Cupcake from Barry M. I've tried them both out this week and love them so much! Thank you for suggesting them (I'm sorry for not remembering who) ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I got laser hair removal for my underarms and Hollywood, about 7 sessions. The hair has pretty much all gone, but I need a top up session for the baby hairs still there. I don’t wanna go back cuz it was so painful 🥲

But I will say it was massively worth it, I don’t worry about waxing my underarms or down there anymore, and it feels so much better. I also feel much more confident with my fiancé

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I highlight my hair and can usual go 7/8 weeks before I need it redone. I have a new hairdresser and when the colour is done it’s gorgeous but around 3 weeks later it’s faded and looks terrible. This is the second time. I use Olaplex shampoo and conditioner.
Changing hairdresser isn’t possible unfortunately

I highlight my hair and can usual go 7/8 weeks before I need it redone. I have a new hairdresser and when the colour is done it’s gorgeous but around 3 weeks later it’s faded and looks terrible. This is the second time. I use Olaplex shampoo and conditioner.
Kerastase's purple shampoo and conditioner keeps my highlights bright in between appointments.

I’ve just bought the Color Wow dream filter to try, it’s meant to remove all impurities and build up from your hair before shampooing. Olaplex have just released one called “broad spectrum chelating treatment” but it’s only available for professionals to buy at the moment.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.