Yankee in the South #6 Paid for by Chris and Mindy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't tell me she doesn't gamble.
Thats an old photo so it shows they DO go to Vegas to gamble and HAVE BEEN going for a LONG time because she doesn't look like that anymore šŸ‘šŸ»

Well, the pictures don't lie. Proof of drinking and gambling. Listen, if I was in Vegas I'd do my share of both drinking and gambling most likely. However, you wouldn't catch me on YT claiming the opposite. These pictures aren't hard to find and the internet doesn't forget.

Also, just curious how many here started watching Will and Dawn to honestly get ideas for things to do in PG/G? I was all in for a bit, watching everything I could leading up to a trip for my family. We even met up with them once. I think the cringe took over and then I realized that they were accepting money from their viewers - something I considered doing.
I'm curious, how was the meetup? And yes, I started watching to get trip info.
I was shocked when his dad died and he cried and lied and carried on, on a livestream, and TONS of money came pouring in for HOURS! He really changed that day, got cocky and arrogant in a matter of a few short weeks and has been the same and gotten worse since.

Did anybody notice in the latest video that Chris paid for the rental car and Cheap Willy made him pay for the gas too? You can tell when Chris thanks him for letting him use his Kroger discount card to save 3 cents.

It also seemed like Yawn didn't know what a brothel was. She didn't realize what it was until she saw "hot girls and cold beer".
Dawn could've asked Denise what a brothel is.
Chris gets used but by choice not force. I feel sorry for chris....a little bit, because he's so nice but he's "so dumb"

My parents accidentally stumbled across Will and Dong a while back while watching USA travel vlogs. They watch a lot of stuff like that since we live in a far-off country and like to keep up with the rest of the world/ plan potential future visits. We got weird vibes from Will, but continued watching for the destinations. The livestream with the blaitant racism towards Chinese people did us in. I don't know if it's still up, but it was in (I think?) 2021, a livestream while Will was unboxing a supposedly wooden sign he ordered on Amazon. It came made of acrylic, and he went on to complain, adding since it was from China, it was probably covered in Covid. Real bleeping nice, lost us right there and then. Also, my sister and I took the liberty of checking the Amazon listing and it clearly stated it was 100% acrylic, bumblefuck just obviously didn't care to look.
Ah yes, the famous "south of the border, South Carolina" video. They are both so rude.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I'm curious, how was the meetup? And yes, I started watching to get trip info.
I was shocked when his dad died and he cried and lied and carried on, on a livestream, and TONS of money came pouring in for HOURS! He really changed that day, got cocky and arrogant in a matter of a few short weeks and has been the same and gotten worse since.
The meetup I was at was April 2021. Not sure if that was before or after his dad passed away. It was ok I guess. 10-15 people milling around taking pictures. I was nice to them and made small talk. All I can remember was Willy talking to everyone and Dawn was outgoing and waving in the people waiting outside the shelter. She didnā€™t act as odd, naive, and backwards like in their videos.

Reactions: 7
So...I'm about 20 min or so into the latest video. Did they only visit Knotts Berry Farm to stuff their faces?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Glad I never sent them any money. I still have magnets on my garage refrigerator from the meetup we went to but they gave those away.

Speaking of the meetups, I remember thinking how outgoing and somehow ā€œdifferentā€ Dawn acted in person. She wasnā€™t completely backwards and juvenile like she is in the videos. Iā€™m probably wrong, but maybe part of ā€œDawnā€ is an act? It was just weird to me.
We met them once this was before we started watching them. Dawn just stared at my gf sister the whole time awkward and Will talked the whole time.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
So...I'm about 20 min or so into the latest video. Did they only visit Knotts Berry Farm to stuff their faces?
Apparently. What a waste of a day. One ride. Eat, look at merchšŸ™„.
Wonder if Chris bought the passes? I mean if they donā€™t do roller coasters and such why buy a platinum pass for the Cedar parks which are known for coasters

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Knott's Berry Farm has to be one of the worst videos Will has ever produced. Looking at merch, three rides and eating all the boysenberry food. No roller coasters. Just wondering aimlessly around the park. No fried chicken. No insight. Just describing what was in front of their faces. It was like 30 minutes of B-roll footage. It was the perfect illustration of just how lost they are when it's not a familiar backdrop. Money spent on a rental car, gasoline, park passes, plus hours on the road, all for walking around eating and shooting Knotts exactly like he does Dollywood. It reiterated just how dumb they are, even worse than I thought.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Apparently. What a waste of a day. One ride. Eat, look at merchšŸ™„.
Wonder if Chris bought the passes? I mean if they donā€™t do roller coasters and such why buy a platinum pass for the Cedar parks which are known for coasters
I would assume they plan on going to Carowinds some this season, and perhaps Kings Island since they're not terribly too far away.

I see I am really not missing much. I'm curious to see the video with KBF, but I will not give in and watch it. I imagine I've gotten all I need from the good folks in here that have posted about it...lol

Reactions: 8
Iā€™m guessing that they probably DID ride at least some coasters, even if it was just the milder family-orientated ones. He actually mentions, at the beginning, that they intended to (and yes, thatā€™s a potential lie, but who knowsā€¦). However, they canā€™t film coasters on-ride at that park andā€¦more significantlyā€¦.ATW doesnā€™t feature coasters when he logs from there, so of course, Will just copies the formula.

Reactions: 9
We met them once this was before we started watching them. Dawn just stared at my gf sister the whole time awkward and Will talked the whole time.
Similar experience. Will stood around and talked about all his ideals and Dawn looked like she was waiting for a prompt from Will to know what to do next. I get that these meet ups can be odd, it seemed the people that were there were just as awkward. Will literally stood up like a preacher and told everyone that he had turned down a really good offer to do something cool that day but didn't want to skip the meet up. He said it several times and at that point I was out.

• Sick
Knott's Berry Farm has to be one of the worst videos Will has ever produced. Looking at merch, three rides and eating all the boysenberry food. No roller coasters. Just wondering aimlessly around the park. No fried chicken. No insight. Just describing what was in front of their faces. It was like 30 minutes of B-roll footage. It was the perfect illustration of just how lost they are when it's not a familiar backdrop. Money spent on a rental car, gasoline, park passes, plus hours on the road, all for walking around eating and shooting Knotts exactly like he does Dollywood. It reiterated just how dumb they are, even worse than I thought.
Wait it was three rides? I remember one? Wow he really is bad at this I canā€™t even remember what he filmed right after watching šŸ˜‚

The Berry shooter, Calico Mine Train and the circular view point tower. If Will would have ridden roller coasters, we would have heard about it. I like Chris, but I am willing to bet that Mindy is the only person in the group who is physically able to fit in all of the rides at Knott's Berry Farm. That's sad, not funny. Overall, I think the Knott's video really exposes just how Will does no research other than watching vloggers and is just a "monkey see, monkey do" when it comes to creating content. He's even stupider than I realized. Multiply that times ten for Dawn.

Reactions: 14
I just watched them for the first time in a few weeks. When did they change their intro? They are going to piss off their Smoky Mountain bible thumping hillbilly stans who only want to watch them drive up and down the parkway. And as soon as Chris stops paying their way they wonā€™t be going anywhere.

3FDC8B12-7EFE-43AB-AC85-416E2B9D3B16.jpeg

Sad part is Dawn mentioned in one of the recent livestreams AFTER they came back, she wanted to eat at Mrs. Knotts for the fried chicken dinner - and of course she didn't get too.

Someone correct me on this - but I swear she also said she wanted to go to Disneyland (? is that correct) BUT Will said he wanted to pass to get into King's Island and Carowinds - so too bad for Dawn - he got the Cedar Fair pass instead.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
This seems to be the "thumbs up" road trip opening. My husband growls every time he sees Shill in front of that stupid rock.

Anyone notice how they only bought one food card but Mooched on chris and mindy who appears bought two. Of course they mooch waaaay more than just that.

Sad part is Dawn mentioned in one of the recent livestreams AFTER they came back, she wanted to eat at Mrs. Knotts for the fried chicken dinner - and of course she didn't get too.

Someone correct me on this - but I swear she also said she wanted to go to Disneyland (? is that correct) BUT Will said he wanted to pass to get into King's Island and Carowinds - so too bad for Dawn - he got the Cedar Fair pass instead.
She did say she wanted to go to Disneyland. He claims that pass will get them info Cedar Point, Carrowinds and Kings Island ?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.