WhatMummyMakes #5 Can't visit a shop without signing her book, a meal without cheese would have her shook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s got a migraine and doesn’t feel like cooking tea so is going to sort something out….TELL ME SOMETHING NEW! She never cooks anymore! They eat out or get fast food every night!
I've been ill for about a month with various things and I'm pregnant, and I have a real job, and you know what I have done? Cooked for my family every night. And I don't even have an Instagram dedicated to boasting about my family cooking 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Christ on a bike… hang on while I die of so not surprise!! What’s for tea when you CBA??? Is it beans on toast, omelette, soup and roll, pizza…nah she can’t be arsed with that- straight to McDonald’s!! Her publishers must be fuming and her followers (mugs who bought the book) must be so confused!! What mummy makes… erm duck all!!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
No you're not a bad parent if you don't cook every night, you are however, a bad "cookbook author" (using author very loosely) if you don't cook any night!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
McDonalds 😂 At least it’s not Costa again although I bet she’d be there instead if they served dinners.

Reactions: 7
No, you don’t have to cook every night but the question is more when DOES Rebecca cook? She’s completely turned it round to seem relatable and like she’s not trying to be a perfect parent but who can relate to cooking at home once a week and eating out/takeaway the rest of the time? What makes you a bad parent is not teaching your child healthy eating habits. Everything should be balanced and in proportion but we don’t ever see this for Nina and that’s on Rebecca.
AF7B2DF8-DE7A-4CA1-81DE-B746473C618E.png

Reactions: 6
I feel like they have McDonald's quite a lot considering Nina is so young and she has the money, the time and the resources to cook or even to source more interesting and varied convenience food!

Reactions: 8
‘You’re not a bad parent if you don’t cook every night’ - alright Becky, thanks for reassuring us all about this, as if we need this woman telling us anything about parenting, no thanks.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
If I'm not feeling well I throw some frozen chips and nuggets in the oven, or a pizza, any kind of beige freezer tapas. We don't go to McDonald's when we've already eaten out a million times this week.

‘You’re not a bad parent if you don’t cook every night’ - alright Becky, thanks for reassuring us all about this, as if we need this woman telling us anything about parenting, no thanks.
Exactly. Now she’s trying to make Nina look just like her too. WEIRD.

Reactions: 3
Exactly. Now she’s trying to make Nina look just like her too. WEIRD.
And putting a vote up for either ‘twins’ or ‘mini me’ - just when I don’t think this woman and her relationship with her daughter can get more cloying, weird or claustrophobic she goes and does this 🙈 no Rebecca, you are certainly not twins with your 4 year old and I hate the whole ‘mini me’ thing as if Nina can’t be her own person or anything that isn’t to do with Rebecca.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think most parents have enough awareness to realise that noone else thinks your kids are as amazing as you think they are. Apart from your partner, the grandparents and maybe your very closest friends/siblings, nobody else wants to see multiple pictures of your child every single day of the week. Poor Nina, it's really not her choice to be shared to all of these strangers online every day. And really, is anyone that interested in her?

I know I should unfollow but I seemingly can't look away from what the next new boring low is going to be.

Reactions: 12
If I'm not feeling well I throw some frozen chips and nuggets in the oven, or a pizza, any kind of beige freezer tapas. We don't go to McDonald's when we've already eaten out a million times this week.
Exactly!! And the migraine seemed to mysteriously disappear once she’d bought a happy meal!! Was that just a lie to justify not cooking tea!! I can’t even see to drive when I have a migraine, never mind drive to Macy’s, do eyeliner flicks and makeup on a four year old and then post the whole lot on to insta… she is just a massive fake.

Reactions: 15
This. Everyone has a turkey dinosaur, waffles and a couple carrots (to not feel as bad) dinner!

I always keep freezer stuff like this for this exact reason! We also keep beans in supply too. It’s not difficult and you can’t tell me, someone with a weaning book, doesn’t have anything in her freezer? No pasta in her cupboard? She always bangs on about her recipes and loving them. I first followed her when I was weaning my daughter. The endless posting of her recipes and snippets meant I did get her first book. How can she expect to sell more books when she isn’t showing anything to make people want her book? I think those that are doing her recipes or bought her book are just like the Mrs hinch people. It doesn’t matter what she does or what she releases, they’ll buy it but I’m pretty sure even the book sales for Mrs hinch eventually dried up.

When I was little, going to McDonald’s was SO exciting! I honestly can’t wait for my daughter to be excited about going because it’s a rare treat! That doesn’t happen when it’s a regular occurrence. I feel like Nina puts the box on her head because Rebecca encourages it.

Reactions: 8
Yeeesss she would be way more.relatable if she shoved some fish fingers and chips in the oven and plonked it down. We actually own a take away shop and have friends with other take.away shops so take aways are free for us and we still use them as last resort if i got 30 mins spare i can chuck.freezer tit in the oven. Its actually no more effort than a takeaway is it. We reserve take aways for treats and for days where we dont even have 30 mins spare which is rare

Reactions: 5
Plus when she does cook, the portion sizes look enough for at least 4 people so surely she is flinging spare in the freezer for a lazy day in the future? That's would I do. Then all I need to make is some pasta, rice etc to go with it.

Reactions: 6
Yeah I've got to admit, despite having a toddler I don't have any chicken nuggets/fish fingers/chips/waffles etc in my freezer, but what I do have is lots of toddler portions of food from where I've batch cooked, and lots of adult or whole family sized leftovers in there too.
Unless you don't have a freezer surely you have some back up plan for days when you can't cook properly for whatever reason?!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.