What Mummy Makes #14 Brownies made imaginary friends cry, what else can air-fry, kissing my content bye-bye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just find it so ironic that most of the popular mumfluencers/weaning accounts have such an awful toxic relationship with food.
becky: both mother & child are obese (yeh I said it, facts are FACTS) their diet is 90% cheese & pastry with 10% cucumbers. Absolutely awful to have this dysfunctional woman have a recipe book. Her motto should be ‘putting Britain on the road to obesity’
SR nutrition: this woman is going to give her kids an eating disorder. None of the stuff she makes looks edible, let alone constitutes it to be called a meal. purposely gives her kids stuff they hate, or only stuff her first born golden child likes.
weanin15: Joe wicks: this clown only knows how to make stir fried rice & stick it in a thermos for his kids packed lunch. also his approach to weaning is if ur kids don’t like it, keep offering it or let them starve. Great stuff 👍🏽

TLDR: these weaning accounts r a scam, don’t let them make u feel inadequate about weaning as they did me. My constant benchmarking myself against the above parents when my lo was born spiralled me into self doubt, anxiety and questioning my competence as a mother. I felt like a total failure coz my kid hated all these recipes. Only when I let go of these accounts and let my child take the lead did we finally have a breakthrough. Now she eats everything.

I find myself repeating the same msg on every thread, if even one mother takes comfort or heed from my msgs then that’s 1 mother I’ve rescued from these Weaning cults.
and when did “weaning experts” even become a thing? I know Annabel Karmel has been around for years but I see her more of an actual expert, not a flakey-pastry-on-a-bambo-plate-for-the-gram expert.Was any of this stuff happening before Instagram? It’s all a load of bollocks. One day we will all look back on this era of mummy Instagram influencers and laugh about how mental the whole thing was.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
and when did “weaning experts” even become a thing? I know Annabel Karmel has been around for years but I see her more of an actual expert, not a flakey-pastry-on-a-bambo-plate-for-the-gram expert.Was any of this stuff happening before Instagram? It’s all a load of bollocks. One day we will all look back on this era of mummy Instagram influencers and laugh about how mental the whole thing was.
She has actual nutritionists and paediatricians on her team who help her put proper, sensible dietary guidelines and advice in her books.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Plus even though yes Annabel Karmel mentions she has children and they were her inspiration, she didn’t sell their soul. She succeed off her own back, not her childrens.

Reactions: 14
Annabel Karmel and Solids starts in Instagram were to main go tos for weaning! I did follow Sr nutrition but didn't actually do much of what she said. I only really look at beckys instapage as my equivalent of trashy TV! 😂

Reactions: 9
I know one of her children sadly died, may have been called Natasha. Only know this as she did a rare personal post to raise awareness of kissing babies.

• Heart
Plus even though yes Annabel Karmel mentions she has children and they were her inspiration, she didn’t sell their soul. She succeed off her own back, not her childrens.
And as far as I remember her recipes and were varied, contained actual different vegetables (not just broccoli or cucumber) and were balanced

Reactions: 3
Bex is fed up of Instagram I think it’s like she can’t even be bothered at the moment to even try and post, goes all the way to London and all she can post is her massive breakfast? Maybe get your CV up to date Bex because this will not be lasting much longer her content is non existent. She claims it’s her full time job but she needs to work a bit harder at it. Nina’s not around so much to pick up her slack and it’s very noticeable where all her content came from!

Reactions: 10
I find myself repeating the same msg on every thread, if even one mother takes comfort or heed from my msgs then that’s 1 mother I’ve rescued from these Weaning cults.
100% this!
My first baby lived on fresh air for about a year after weaning, only liked pasta and just didn’t do any of the things these accounts said he should. I felt like a failure and I’d been so excited about weaning. Now he eats most things and doesn’t stop eating! I also have another baby who eats everything and loved food from the day he had it. It’s totally luck of the draw what your child is like with food and nothing to do with you or your cooking. Baby 2 will probably end up only eating cheesy pasta and chicken nuggets once he’s 2 after such a promising start!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Bex is fed up of Instagram I think it’s like she can’t even be bothered at the moment to even try and post, goes all the way to London and all she can post is her massive breakfast? Maybe get your CV up to date Bex because this will not be lasting much longer her content is non existent. She claims it’s her full time job but she needs to work a bit harder at it. Nina’s not around so much to pick up her slack and it’s very noticeable where all her content came from!
Are the lack of posts from London more like she can’t be bothered to go out and explore? I wouldn’t be getting a hotel delivery dinner if I was in London for a couple of days, so many fab places to go

I do think she’s lazy, she could create content but can’t be bothered. She barely cooks just the same meals over and over or re-posts her old stuff. Her content has dried up but she’s always missing an opportunity, in these times she could be doing cheap meal ideas I saw another weaning account doing a week of meals for £20, she’s never done pack lunches despite traipsing all over the country or vegetarian food despite living with one for the last few years. She seemed to work hard at it in the beginning then got into posting about Nina and now she can’t be bothered to cook and Nina’s not around to drag all over she has nothing. I mean the only content she’s provided recently is picking a kitchen tile, how to make a coffee and an ancient cat going outside. 😂 oh and she did finish a crossword, can’t forget that 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 21
How you can see her purposful minipulation on SM with “other”
Gets home London - pic Nina nawww happiness etc
Weekends after not seeing her Noooo comment

i feel shes utter fake!!
Remember fellow tattler who said saw her queing fenwicks? For santa and how she ignored nina whole time as on her phone? Not the Bex she portrays on Insta/SM. I just feel its all utter fake bullcrap.

Agree she is so fake. Don't think she enjoys the Instagrammer life anymore as she has no originality and just can't come up with any content. Don't know how she'd survive a real job.

Reckon she spends most days sprawled on the sofa watching TV and it's all she likes doing.

Agree she is so fake. Don't think she enjoys the Instagrammer life anymore as she has no originality and just can't come up with any content. Don't know how she'd survive a real job.

Reckon she spends most days sprawled on the sofa watching TV and it's all she likes doing.
Yeah I don’t think this was a career plan or she’s a great cook, she just got lucky with a few people sharing her recipes and it grew. I found her when Stacey Solomon shared one of her recipes, think it was the strawberries and cream cheese on puff pastry.

That’s why all her recipes are variations of a theme, pinwheels, muffins, cornflour and milk made cheese sauces with pasta.

Now she’s not no new ideas and no content as she doesn’t have Nina all the time. No new baby to wean so she has stalled out.

Yeah I don’t think this was a career plan or she’s a great cook, she just got lucky with a few people sharing her recipes and it grew. I found her when Stacey Solomon shared one of her recipes, think it was the strawberries and cream cheese on puff pastry.

That’s why all her recipes are variations of a theme, pinwheels, muffins, cornflour and milk made cheese sauces with pasta.

Now she’s not no new ideas and no content as she doesn’t have Nina all the time. No new baby to wean so she has stalled out.
she will defo dissapear 1 day unless a new “other” sperm donar appears …. Oh well wont be missed 😁🤣

Reactions: 2
Yeah to really capitalise on the weaning market she either needed to have another child (could still happen but it would need to be the immaculate conception at this rate!!) or minimise Nina content past a certain age (2 max) and focus on recipes.

Yeah to really capitalise on the weaning market she either needed to have another child (could still happen but it would need to be the immaculate conception at this rate!!) or minimise Nina content past a certain age (2 max) and focus on recipes.
Shhh if she reads this her and other will become friends with benefits 😫🫣 any gilmore girls get pregnant with a ex and then have the kiddy? 🤣

• Haha
Shhh if she reads this her and other will become friends with benefits 😫🫣 any gilmore girls get pregnant with a ex and then have the kiddy? 🤣
No lorelai (the mum ) only has the one child - another baby for Bex would defo ruin that fantasy she has made for herself. Rory (the daughter) does end up with a half sister which I could totally see happening for Nina.

Bex is desperately tagging everyone involved in making her toad in the hole 🙄 please someone ask me to do an advert for them.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.