Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Nobody judge - fish cakes, spaghetti hoops and alphabet potatoes (believe it or not I don't actually have any children I just fancied a "kids" dinner) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11

Sosig

Chatty Member
Firecracker chicken stir fry & rice.
I would like to retract this comment by confirming that I am now having KFC 😂 working a 12 hour Friday shift from home has got to me! Just want to relax 🍗

• Haha
Reactions: 10

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
My fella won on the lottery last night 😱 not much mind, but he's treating me to a takeaway. Who said romance is dead? Anyway its a Chinese for tea - undecided between a salt & pepper box or Singapore vermicelli with a side of salt and pepper chips and curry sauce

• Heart
Reactions: 9

McNuggets

Chatty Member
Our weeks always look like this..

Monday - chilli con carne
Tuesday - jacket potato with tuna and salad
Wednesday - spaghetti bolognese
Thursday - chicken korma with rice
Friday - sausage and mash
Saturday - take away
Sunday - slow cooked beef, roast potatos, roast veg, stuffing and Yorkshire puddings

Blahblah93

VIP Member
Thai takeaway!

Massamam curry
Coconut prawns
Sticky rice
Pad Thai
Sticky ribs
Green curry.

Been treating this week as if we're abroad as we're on annual leave but due to obvious reasons that's not possible, so instead it's been takeaways/meals out every night for 7 days.

• Heart

Blahblah93

VIP Member
Roast chicken, chipolata sausages, yorkshire pudding, honey roast carrots, broccoli roasted in parmesan and lemon, roast potatoes, brussel sprout gratin and chicken gravy. Followed by lemon tart with cream. All homemade 😁😁😁😁🤤🤤🤤🤤

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Causewaygal

Chatty Member
I made macaroni cheese but I seem to have lost my appetite ... ate a couple of forkfuls and left it on the table thinking I’d go back to it. Cat ate it 🙄 ... I ended up with a sourdough bagel with butter. Left the lid off the butter dish and guess what ?? The cat ate it 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8

prinnygrace

VIP Member
Had the worst day ever ever ever in work. Chinese tonight. Yeung chow fried rice, chicken in black bean sauce and salt and pepper chips.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7

Blahblah93

VIP Member
Home alone so got myself a mcdonalds. Quarter pounder meal with extra pickles/onions and a chocolate milkshake.

• Heart

Mycuppatea

It's my son's birthday and he's chosen mega burgers - home made burgers and ALL the extras, so big you can barely eat them because a human mouth can't open far enough.

• Heart
  • Haha

petitspois

VIP Member
I messed up the Tesco delivery and the 4 bottles of gin I had placed in the online basket to hold the delivery slot arrived instead of the normal weekly shop. Freezer lucky dip tonight.

• Haha

petitspois

VIP Member
I had an absolute disaster earlier. Two chickens roasting in the oven (one for tonight and one for later in the week) and a tray of roasties on the top shelf. I tipped the tray of roasties and they fell at the back of the oven onto the flame so I had a pile of oil and potatoes smoking the house out and had to wait a while for it to all cool down so I could get it all out. Then the oven stopped working.

• Sad

openbook1

VIP Member
Tonight we are having dahl with jasmine rice.
This is the recipe in case anyone is interested:
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp curry powder
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
4 cups vegetable broth
400ml coconut milk
400g diced tomatoes
1.5 cups red lentils
And I often add potatoes, cauliflower, and chickpeas too.

Heat the oil, sautee onion, garlic, and ginger. If using, throw in the potatoes, cauliflower and chickpeas, along with the tomato paste, curry powder and red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant. Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, tomatoes and lentils. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook on low for 30 minutes (covered) until lentils are soft. Season with salt and pepper.

It is so easy but tasty.

Tomorrow we are this pasta.

Wed, we are having salmon with potatoes and veg.
For the salmon and potatoes, we heat the oven to 375, season salmon with thyme, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. And potatoes with oregano or thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic. Throw the potatoes in the oven for 40 minutes and the salmon for 25. Another nice way to do the salmon is with lemon juice, some lemon pieces, garlic, and capers.

Thurs and Fri, we are making these enchiladas. We buy proper corn tortillas from the Latin supermarket 🤤