What are you cooking for dinner? #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Our weeks always look like this..

Monday - chilli con carne
Tuesday - jacket potato with tuna and salad
Wednesday - spaghetti bolognese
Thursday - chicken korma with rice
Friday - sausage and mash
Saturday - take away
Sunday - slow cooked beef, roast potatos, roast veg, stuffing and Yorkshire puddings

Reactions: 9

Saturday - take away
Sunday - slow cooked beef, roast potatos, roast veg, stuffing and Yorkshire puddings
So, If I come to your house I'll make sure it's on a Friday at teatime.:ROFLMAO:

On a side note, Yorkshire puddings are great at anytime.

Saturday - take away
genuine question does this ever get boring? I’ve been really considering doing the same thing but don’t know if we’d get bored quickly!

Reactions: 2
Attempting to make a one pot Hainanese chicken rice (actually “khao mun gai”, the Thai version, not sure what the difference is,
if any).

Messed it up already but I guess it’ll still be chicken and rice of some sort? I’m worried I’ll be eating raw rice or rice porridge. The chicken is definitely cooked through ok.

I’ve only made rice in a rice cooker before - rice in a pot is stressing me out!!!!!
Cooking rice is one of my worst nightmares!!! 😂 how did it all turn out??

Reactions: 1
Cooking rice is one of my worst nightmares!!! 😂 how did it all turn out??
absolutely terrible!!! The rice was like wet greasy cement 🤢 I’m sticking to the rice cooker from now on!!!

And I’ve got about 3 more portions of it to get through. Was tempted to pick out the chicken and dump the rice but my ancestors would roll over in their graves.

If I disappear from Tattle - it was the rice!

• Haha
Tonight we are having vegetable lasagna. I made the sauce yesterday so it would be quicker today after work.

Just sausage butties for me tonight. Weirdly looking forward to them 😂 sometimes the simple teas are the best.

Saturday - take away
This is very similar to my week, have you small kids too?

Sweet chilli & garlic chicken stir fry.

Need to use some bits up in the fridge and perfect for a stir fry.
Using the straight to wok noodles though I haaaaaate the nest ones!

Chargrilled vegetables (courgettes/peppers/aubergine/red onion) with red pesto and wholewheat pasta.
Hubby will dump a ton of cheese on top 😂

Garlic bread was on the menu but our ovens broke so none of that tonight!

Ham, beef, baked potato, coleslaw, looks like I will be eating beef all week at this rate.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.