What are you cooking for dinner? #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Heating up leftover potato soup from yesterday. I am hoping we still have some baguettes in the freezer to bake and have with it.

Reactions: 4
We had pasta bolognese tonight, had carrots and celery in it for that added veg and it was a homemade sauce, one of my favourite meals!😋

Reactions: 2
stir fried spring greens, a cornetto, packet of ready salted crisps (seabrooks) and two oranges.

Reactions: 1
oh do post a picture!
my cooking skills are rather poor. I think you’d be better off googling pictures of “cat food”!!!! 🤦🏻‍♀️ My shakshuka never looks like recipe photos. But I mean, it’s the taste that is important right? Although, my eggs sometimes turn to rubber so no points there for me either! Trying my best lol

One pot vegan lasagne.
Yummy! I have been looking at one pot lasagnes! Do you layer your sheets or do you break them up?

my cooking skills are rather poor. I think you’d be better off googling pictures of “cat food”!!!! 🤦🏻‍♀️ My shakshuka never looks like recipe photos. But I mean, it’s the taste that is important right? Although, my eggs sometimes turn to rubber so no points there for me either! Trying my best lol
Yes, it’s the taste. Kimchi is excellent on toasted cheese sandwiches.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yes, it’s the taste. Kimchi is excellent on toasted cheese sandwiches.
I have never tried that before but I want to
now!! Thanks for the suggestion - should suit my skill set more too lol (I even have a proper toastie maker that seals everything in.)

I don’t have any sandwich bread so maybe that’ll be a weekend meal.

I have never tried that before but I want to
now!! Thanks for the suggestion - should suit my skill set more too lol (I even have a proper toastie maker that seals everything in.)

I don’t have any sandwich bread so maybe that’ll be a weekend meal.
I do mine open faced, like my avatar too, bake bread in oven, buttered, with mayo and Dijon mustard, for a few minutes, then add sliced cheese and bake again until cheese is melted. Add kimchi (or chutney etc) on top.

I do mine open faced, like my avatar too, bake bread in oven, buttered, with mayo and Dijon mustard, for a few minutes, then add sliced cheese and bake again until cheese is melted. Add kimchi (or chutney etc) on top.
this is going to sound so stupid but I really haven’t been able to master the art of cheese on toast. I was about to blame the oven but it’s definitely user error. To be fair, I like extra mature cheese and it’s often low fat so it doesn’t melt well unless in my toastie maker so maybe it’s the cheese. (Ok, I know it’s me)

this is going to sound so stupid but I really haven’t been able to master the art of cheese on toast. I was about to blame the oven but it’s definitely user error. To be fair, I like extra mature cheese and it’s often low fat so it doesn’t melt well unless in my toastie maker so maybe it’s the cheese. (Ok, I know it’s me)
For cheese on toast, bake in oven, not too high a temp, don’t use grill. Spread butter, mayo, Dijon to edge of bread, check after 5 minutes, you want the spreads to bubble. Then add cheese.

I made macaroni cheese but I seem to have lost my appetite ... ate a couple of forkfuls and left it on the table thinking I’d go back to it. Cat ate it 🙄 ... I ended up with a sourdough bagel with butter. Left the lid off the butter dish and guess what ?? The cat ate it 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Co op steak and chips deal tonight havent decided on sides and extras yet 🤔. Batched cooked some cottage pies to put in freezer and dropping one off with a portion of chilli for a friend he lives alone and probably living off frozen curry or pizza and won't admit he wants some home cooked food

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.