What are you cooking for dinner? #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My fella won on the lottery last night 😱 not much mind, but he's treating me to a takeaway. Who said romance is dead? Anyway its a Chinese for tea - undecided between a salt & pepper box or Singapore vermicelli with a side of salt and pepper chips and curry sauce

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My wedding anniversary today ( we picked guy Fawkes night so we wouldn't forget!) We went out last year, food wasn't great so tonight
I'm cooking roast beef and all the trimmings and fresh cream cake for afters!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m having southern fried chicken wings from Iceland’s. I feel like a uni student eating them but I’m addicted!

Reactions: 4
I’m having southern fried chicken wings from Iceland’s. I feel like a uni student eating them but I’m addicted!
Mmm, you remind me of my undergrad years 7 or 8 years ago. Iceland and Farmfoods were my go-to places for cheap and fairly naff frozen foods. Happy Days :)

Reactions: 2
Ratatouille/pasta that I defrosted from the freezer with a piece of garlic bread. Boring but I need to eat all the crap in my freezer and stop wasting money on food!

Reactions: 1
Mmm, you remind me of my undergrad years 7 or 8 years ago. Iceland and Farmfoods were my go-to places for cheap and fairly naff frozen foods. Happy Days :)
i had never shopped there until you know what happened the first time round in March. Iceland has become an absolute lifeline for me. Or maybe my increased sodium intake is going to kill me but whatever, if I die clutching a chicken wing then I’ve lived a full and happy life!

My uni days were fuelled by towers of potato waffles and fish fingers, cheese and ketchup.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Am going to try my hand at home made chicken chow mein. Never tried it before, but fancy something different from the usual curries and spag bols

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just a snack, a Sainsbury's own branded Pot rice, just add water, tasted okay, it was cheap, followed with a bag of Quavers.

However tonight, Spaghetti Bolognaise and Roast Beef on Sunday.

Am going to try my hand at home made chicken chow mein. Never tried it before, but fancy something different from the usual curries and spag bols
Brilliant, sounds like an interesting challenge you have set yourself, have fun and enjoy.

Last night was homemade fried haddock and chips. I learned the trick is getting the oil the right temp (used a thermometer for it lol) so it came out crispy and perfect 😋

Lasagne in our house tonight! Something all 4 kids will eat 🤦‍♀️
Tomorrow it's roast dinner.... But with sausages not a roasting joint- gotta watch them pennies!

Reactions: 3
I had plans to make Tom yum chicken but it’s 17:27 and I’m in bed (resting my feet?!), so I’m going to make fried rice with crab sticks. Have leftover rice so it’ll be done in 5 mins. Tbf making Tom yum chicken isn’t much work but I can’t even be bothered to wait for water to boil.

• Haha
Homemade chicken and mango curry (veggie for my middle boy) because it’s Saturday!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.