Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thankyoudelia

Giving away the ‘crappy’ PR gift she didn’t want (the L’Oreal skincare) and holding on to the decent stuff (nail set); shameless hinting for a free bathroom fit out; having a right style giraffe with the yuck White Stuff trench coat and matchy hi-tops; further walks comparing Hanwell and environs to the Cotswolds (but if you’re in the know you know it’s completely sh*t and rough). Ugh. I am on full-on hate watch with her now and loathe myself for it. She used to be brilliant. What the hell happened?

Reactions: 5

Missmarplesknitting

I've said it before but she's a shopping addict. Then pretends that when she's doing the blog that its more to help us style our clothes and that its likely we'll have everything already. Nope cos we're not all compulsive shoppers. She works from home now why on earth does she need so many clothes.

Pennypuppywalker

Chatty Member
Her house looks a right mess tbh. I couldn't stand all that junk everywhere. Yes I used to really look forward to her blog on a Sunday and her bits she did on Insta when she worked, but now I found it all so boring.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
I'm not impressed with her promoting Canada Goose in today's blogpost. The company is well know for animal cruelty in the manufacture of their products.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
She’s clever because she made a meal out of recommending (and aff linking) some knickers on Amazon, which she’s says are the best knickers ever.

So when she puts a list of ‘things I love from Amazon’ followers will believe, like the knickers, she’s bought them all and can recommend from experience.

So shifty.

Those shorts nearly all look the same?! So not really shorts for everyone. What about a pair of nice tailored city shorts, rather than ones that expose half of your thigh (depending on the length of your legs)? That would be too smart for Kate 😒

Exactly! Seems a bit vacuous now. Plenty of women with great sustainable fashion ideas who are not just taking freebies out there!

Kate’s doing a raffle for 2 handbags - over £10k raised already. Fair play, that’s a good thing to do.
The money she’s raising is incredible, however, I’m finding it a bit ‘meh’ that she’s raffling her second-hand Gucci and a Coach bag that I bet was #gifted. Fair play if people want to win second-hand bags and get a return on their donation, but I’m a shocking cynic as far as Kate’s desire to acquire is concerned and am convinced she’ll replace that Gucci with something just as disgustingly over-priced before too long.

thankyoudelia

Moving on from the terrible haircut and because I went down the (cray cray) rabbit hole of the Meghan & Harry thread and some pretty wild conspiracy ... just how many pairs of trainers does KH own and where does she find room for them in the bijoux terraced house in Hanwell she shares with three blokes? She claims not to have wardrobes for her clothes - although I wondered if this was a sly beg for Sharpes to give her some - but she never wears the same trainers more than a couple of times but seems to have dozens of pairs. Then there’s the Grenson’s, Birkenstock’s, the ugly Dune quilted sandals and the infamous JW Anderson f*cking, f-ugly mules + + + ... how many more pairs? Where does she keep them all? Answers on a postcard please.

Missmarplesknitting

AF links for a mini chopper on Amazon?? Is she that desperate or does she really think her followers who are no doubt in the same age bracket need to be told that items like this exist.

Realhousewifeofmanchester

Yes it boring I agree - because every post is selling you something (bland). I also think it’s harder to appeal when you don’t chat on stories.
I too find the endless consuming mind boggling.

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
She was refreshing as an influencer because she had a regular job and was a woman in a senior role - the clothing/outfits served an actual purpose. It was all very real. Now that the consumption is both the means and the ends, it’s so off putting and dull.

It’s a wonder more people in her position don’t take the opportunity to give back in a tangible way. It is such a good balance to the influencing work and gives a purpose (for them, apart from anything else) beyond endless consumption and encouraging debt. Emily Wheeler does this with Furnishing Futures, it’s brilliant

In case the links don’t work the accounts are furnishingfutures and emilywheeler.interiors