Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
She seems to have lost her identity. One minute reminiscing about bands/rock and roll lifestyle next minute in a flowery dress at the Chelsea Flower Show. she appears to wander round London posting same banal comments about blue plaques/post boxes in between buying exact same jeans (insert trainers,white blouses etc) in as many styles as she can the latest one being her ‘must buy’ recommendation. She used to have a favorite brand egwhistles jeans for a while now they are coming thick and fast. She promotes Amazon and fat face which she wouldn’t have worn a few years ago. Thank goodness that C&A and BHS no longer operate in the UK!

Reactions: 5

Missmarplesknitting

She's definitely being shifty with her new recommendations. The new sponsored post with the brand Aligne.....she says she's discovered it in liberty but has a sponsored post and a discount code. So she either would have had to discovered it in Liberty, then contacted them or she's talking shite and they contacted her first.

Missmarplesknitting

There she goes being interesting talking about lilly Allen, then she'll change back into a boring grifter. I actually bet she's great in real life but the influencer stuff makes her look bad.

carolinefg

I really don’t know how she’s gone from being a great person to follow, to being THE MOST IRRITATING WOMAN ON INSTAGRAM. The constant stories, it’s all so dull and repetitive!

• Haha

Missmarplesknitting

I think she's a normal women who shopped too much and became an influencer by default. She loves the all the free stuff that comes with it all but obviously feels uncomfortable with all the extroverted behaviour that is expected with being an influencer.

Madbadsad

Her blog post today seems completely unrelatable to me. Over a grand for a frumpy handbag. No thanks!
I’m sad as I used to love reading her blog on a Sunday.
Her style has really changed and it doesn’t appeal to me now. I’m not a fan of buffet dresses and knitted vests. I think they’re really frumpy and the kind of thing that looks ok on Instagram but ridiculous in real life.
A couple of years ago I LOVED her blog. It was really refreshing to see a woman of a certain age dressing how I like to dress. Trainers, trousers, not too girly. Great mix of high street and designer.
And her job was fascinating. She’s got a great sense of humour and it seemed that her recommendations were genuine.
She’s lost her spark and authenticity. Her life pre covid seemed so glam - lots of boozy lunches and hanging out with rock stars. Being stuck in the house with ungrateful teenage boys has obviously taken its toll. I hope she’s ok

I'm so over her blog and Instagram. Shame as I loved it to start with.
Same here! Any recommendations?

carolinefg

Every single thing is an affiliate link. It’s really disappointing, she really was one of the better ones!

Pennypuppywalker

Chatty Member
I think as with all these influencers, they don't have a day job as such, so all they can talk about is either anything they're flogging or day time walks with dogs & pointing out blue plaques! I'm really hoping that in next couple of years we will see the end of the Instagrammers, its got really boring now. Those reels are annoying and fingers crossed, people will start switching off or unfollowing I know I have!

• Heart
Not sure what ‘qualified to talk’ about It means. I think it’s a way of saying - ‘I’m not going to comment on something serious cos I’m here to sell you clothes from fat face and white stuff’.

There is no party political stance on this - we are all on Ukraine’s side. I don’t think you need to be qualified in global affairs to say that.

We should follow up snd ask how much she made from her blog post /donated.
It’s so subjective and you’ll ask 100 people and get 100 answers so this isn’t saying you’re wrong at all so please don’t take offence - only commenting as I think it’s a v interesting topic - but personally quite like this approach as she’s putting her hands up and saying look I don’t know anything about this, but there’s obvs a humanitarian crisis so please donate. Personally only feel like that as I remember around I/P a lot of my Jewish friends being made to feel incredibly uncomfortable, alone and actually scared by the sheer mass of content being shared, and lbr most people (especially influencers) aren’t actually that clued up on that extremely complex conflict. Most people who shared that shit have probably not given it a second thought since, same with BLM. I know this situation is different as there’s a clear aggressor and definite human rights contraventions already happening but I do think big profiles should be a bit more prudent in what they say/share as misinformation is absolutely rife.

Pennypuppywalker

Chatty Member
I do think that because she's given up her job, she probably hasn't got as much interesting stuff to chat about anymore, so just talks about blue plaques, dog walks, churches & any other bits & bobs. it all gets a bit boring now. Even her weekly blog isn't that great anymore. I do like her and her writing is great and I'm sure she is a good laugh to go out with and has some great stories to tell.

• Haha

Libertine

VIP Member
I bought something once a very long time ago that Kate recommended and it was rubbish. Appalling quality. A total buyer beware moment.

Kate can recommend ALL THE SPRING DRESSES but how would she know if they are beautiful quality or dish rag quality? It’s not like she’s been on the High Street browsing and checking the fit and fabric.

She doesn’t care if her followers get stuck with a dud from a small brand who can’t afford to offer full refunds. She just wants her commission.

She’s becoming very greedy.

Kittylover2019

Chatty Member
Tell me your secret!! Without going OT 🤪 but I’m
Also in this danger zone, have put on a few middle aged pounds and cannot shift them! I do all the right things and nothing changes. Fair play to you and Kate and anyone else who manages it❤
You may not like this, but here goes.....

1 Stop drinking 🫣
2 Up water intake
3 Try and include more protein
4 Decaffeinated coffee (so I can sleep better)
5 Don't eat late
6 Exercise

Number 1 has had the biggest impact.

Hope that helps!

• Heart